Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seams posted:

I’m kinda curious to see who lambert + MOTY feud with. Maybe best friends I dunno

They were building to Lance Archer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Thought the show was only so-so but my god MJF's insane heat kicked rear end

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

They were building to Lance Archer

If only Lance Archer had a friend in the country in the next few weeks.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

TV Zombie posted:

That Punk Promo did seem a bit meandering.

I assume he was doing rah-rah bullshit partially to get easy pops, partially to give some other folks shine but primarily to lay the tracks for Taz going "enough with the rah-rah bullshit." Worked well for me, although I do hope this is the end of the rah-rah bullshit from Punk for a while

MassRafTer posted:

If only Lance Archer had a friend in the country in the next few weeks.

Someone who Tony Schiavone completely inconspicuously mentioned sharing a faction with Archer in Japan...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Punk has not done a single 'you people' promo since entering AEW

before he came in I said I didn't care if he came in because we didn't need the same you people promos over and over

I've been really enjoying his work and I'm man enough to admit I was wrong

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Man, I must really just be huffing the fumes. I'm not sure what people want out of a weekly wrestling television show if this one was 'uncommonly weak' or 'so-so'. I get that it takes all kinds, I'm just usually more in line with the rest here.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

yea ok posted:

Man, I must really just be huffing the fumes. I'm not sure what people want out of a weekly wrestling television show if this one was 'uncommonly weak' or 'so-so'. I get that it takes all kinds, I'm just usually more in line with the rest here.

They put Bryan Danielson and Kenny Omega alone in a ring together!!!!!!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

yea ok posted:

My standards are way too high because I was basically out of the wrestling watching business entirely and then I watched All Out and it was like a recovered addict mainlined heroin out of nowhere

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the show was good! i didn't like the dan lambert thing this week but whatever, i assume he'll get his rear end kicked again soon

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

yea ok posted:

So this is the first full episode of Dynamite I've actually watched. It was ok. Hobbs killing Dante was good but the rest of the matches were a bit sloppy, and Mox/Suzuki should not be 9 minutes with half of that as Picture-in-Picture.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The only thing I was disappointed with was that Mox and Suzuki didn't get more time, beyond that I enjoyed the show :)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I watched All Out last Sunday and it was my first wrestling I watched in six years (except for yearly Royal Rumbles) and God drat did it feel good to watch a wrestling show that didn't loving hate me

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

xbilkis posted:

They put Bryan Danielson and Kenny Omega alone in a ring together!!!!!!

5/10, meh, maybe 4/10

Didn't even argue who is the real John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

I watched All Out last Sunday and it was my first wrestling I watched in six years (except for yearly Royal Rumbles) and God drat did it feel good to watch a wrestling show that didn't loving hate me

welcome back, aew wants you to be happy

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I thought it was a great show. There have been better Dynamites I guess but I enjoyed the whole thing.

Except cutting of Suzuki's music. That's unforgivable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeathChicken posted:

I appreciated most of the women in the battle royal getting to do a Pulp Fiction promo on where they are going forward. AEW could do with more of those

Yeah, if there's one thing I'd love to see a current company steal from ECW (and do well) it'd be that style of multi-promo thing. Get Miserlou and go all the way, Tony!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

yea ok posted:

Dante didn't jump high enough

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Punk promo was a bunch of time wasted on running down the card for no reason and a bunch of cheap pops Punk frankly doesn't need. Pretty much every non-wrestling segment lasted longer than it needed to and it resulted in the main just being an afterthought time-wise and that sucked for me, someone who was looking for it.

I don't really care that the show was promo heavy but they just used their time like poo poo, imo, which is nothing new.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The show was good, but it could have been better, but I would watch episodes of this level of quality for infinity before I gave the WWE another chance.

I hope that places the quality in its proper perspective.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They definitely need to time their segments better

Let the wrestlers do their thing but make them stick to the time they have

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i love cm punk, but it really feels like he's given a lot more time for his promo segments than he needs and kind of goes too much with just talking to the crowd and then there's just a bunch of dead time of him just in the ring or walking to the back after high fiving everyone. Tonight when they kept talking about Hobbs vs Dante is next it felt like they were trying to throw to a commercial to set up the next segment since Punk's promo was done but never actually did. Just very bad timing stuff throwing their shows off sometimes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tony Schiavone is 5'10"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I liked the promos and segments, especially since they’re setting up new feuds. anything to get us away from endless mjf/Jericho stuff

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HATRED WITH RODDY IS OVER
ADAM COLE IS MY ENEMY NOW
gently caress YOU BAY BAY

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I enjoyed the show amd was in a good mood after. I remember watching raw and I'd always leave pissed off cause someone threw Kevin in a port a potty or whatever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The idea of a twitch streamer shouting "Get out of the ring, nerd!" is hilarious to me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know AEW isnt a promotion thats all "height is important" but there's something funny about Bryan being talked up as this small underdog dude and then World Champion Kenny Omega and Bryan were nose to nose.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I know AEW isnt a promotion thats all "height is important" but there's something funny about Bryan being talked up as this small underdog dude and then World Champion Kenny Omega and Bryan were nose to nose.

Wait, when did they present him as an underdog? I might've missed that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pylons posted:

Wait, when did they present him as an underdog? I might've missed that.

They sell Bryan Danielson shirts, and he can't even get one! Sad!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Please tell me the AEW Twitch channel is called "AEW Dork"

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 9, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

All I remember is AEW presenting Bryan like the baddest man on the planet this week?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish he wouldn't wear his hair that way. :boehner:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dan Lambert suckssssss. I've come around on Cody, Spears, and even Honk. I don't think it's possible for me to do the same for Lambert - I had no idea who he was before he came into AEW, his Boomer rants are too close to what I hear every day in public, and he's saying that all of AEW needs to be afraid of Scorpio Sky. I wish he'd go away already.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Think he's blending continuities, like when you forget what happened in Marvel and what happened in Ultimate Marvel. Underdog Bryan is soooooo 2010s

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

luchadornado posted:

Dan Lambert suckssssss. I've come around on Cody, Spears, and even Honk. I don't think it's possible for me to do the same for Lambert - I had no idea who he was before he came into AEW, his Boomer rants are too close to what I hear every day in public, and he's saying that all of AEW needs to be afraid of Scorpio Sky. I wish he'd go away already.

He's a dutch oven char. He keeps building heat without releasing it. He needed an rear end whooping or to get owned by someone on the mic 4 weeks ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blaise330 posted:

He's a dutch oven char. He keeps building heat without releasing it. He needed an rear end whooping or to get owned by someone on the mic 4 weeks ago.

He got his rear end kicked on his first week, now he's building up the heat before the Men of the Year get humiliated by Archer and Suzuki and everyone gets to hear the song they whined about tonight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought the Suzuki match was fine.

Now if it was a Sakuraba match i would have wanted more out of it, but hey

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it was about 1/9th the length of a Sakuraba match

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This is one of the few Dynamites I felt had too much talking. A lot of that would have been mitigated by shrinking the MJF segment. It was the cheapest of heat, bordered on cringe, and was used to plug a match with Brian Pillman Jr, a feat which should take no more than 3 minutes tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

aew please put my friend ethan page with someone else, literally anyone else