Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Infinitum posted:

Link the pics nerd!

It's a bad IG picture but here you go

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkvGPHLjLr/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

nnnnnnn inject that poo poo straight into my nerdy veins

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In the early September release, the Dolphin community fixed a glitch preventing Heavy Iron Studios Wii and GameCube games from running at higher than native resolution without graphical glitches

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 9, 2021

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/CJacobsLP/status/1435781262732664838?s=20

This has been my medical professional experience this week so I hope you're all having a better time this September

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CJacobs posted:

https://twitter.com/CJacobsLP/status/1435781262732664838?s=20

This has been my medical professional experience this week so I hope you're all having a better time this September

Did you try the antihistamine?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Did you try the antihistamine?

Yeah! It knocked me out for 16 hours and I missed a day of work. I told her that's what it did last time but she parried my words and they didn't get through. To be fair, she was going to give me a different one and then changed her mind, which is reassuring when your doctor does that. Uh also antihistamines are in no way anxiety medication lol

edit: Try this white claudia, clearly going to another dimension for a while will solve that whole stress thing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alpha Strike initiated

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

it's weird how quiet the characters are. If you're not watching the video, you wouldn't be able to tell who was fighting.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Question blocks can be mimics now? No place is safe anymore.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished sonic boom: shattered crystal for the 3ds earlier, and i liked it! unlike several previous portable sonics, it is not a port of the wii u sonic boom but rather its own game with a completely different story and playstyle. unfortunately the story is that amy's been kidnapped and replaced as a playable character by the extremely annoying Sticks the Badger, which is lame as hell, but the gameplay is pretty fun in spite of very samey level design. i don't love that your max speed is locked to dedicated speed sections but otherwise your movement has a nice kinda DKC flow to it, and there's lots to explore in each of the eight levels which is great for me, both because i love to explore and because short games own. also some of the character movement in cutscenes is really funny

next up is... sonic boom fire & ice! back to back to back booms, but at least amy is playable this time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the question block mech guy makes a bunch of neat stuff. in this one he took the nes lego kit and made a gameboy transformer instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fskNl4R538

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Khanstant posted:

it's weird how quiet the characters are. If you're not watching the video, you wouldn't be able to tell who was fighting.

I have to imagine there were issues getting all the voice actors back, and it made more sense to have nobody be voiced than a random smattering

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apparently I hosed up and didn't finish a single game in August!?

Finished
Hades (saw credits December 2020, epilogue/wrapup January 20, 2021)
Cyberpunk 2077 (Jan 21)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Jan 31) (current frontrunner for Old Game of the Year 2021)
Soulcalibur VI (finished Libra of Soul mode Feb 19)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York (Feb 20)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Shadows of New York (Feb 20)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Night Road (Feb 20) (I think I might like Vampire: The Masquerade?)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (March 6)
Persona 5 Strikers (March 27)
Astro's Playroom (March 29)
Butterfly Soup (March 30)
Outriders (April 6)
Mortal Kombat 11 and Aftermath (April 22)
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (June 2)
UnearthU (June 2)
UNBEATABLE [white label] (June 8)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake: INTERmission (June 13)
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (June 20)
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (July 18)
Doodle Champion Island Games (July 27)
New Pokemon Snap (September 8)

In Progress
The New York Times Crossword (this cost 2/3 of a AAA game for a year's subscription... how do I know when I'm done)
Persona 5 Royal (real-time playthrough, so I'm at the start of September)
NEO: The World Ends with You (on Week 2, Day 1)
Marvel's "The Avengers" (50% through main story, nearly done with the "War for Wakanda" [ruthkanda forever])
The Last Remnant (About 4 levels in)
Bee Simulator
Psychonauts 2
Final Fantasy 1 Pixel Remaster
Quake 1 Remastered

In the Queue
"Deathloop"
Griftlands 1.0
Overboard
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Spiritfarer
Disco Elysium: Final Cut
Returnal
Vampire: The Masquerade: Out for Blood
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodhunt
Legend of Mana
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Saga or whatever

Purgatory
Going Under (cleared the first two dungeons)
The Council (in the middle of Episode 1)
Doom 64 (I am on like level 4 I think)
Werewolf: Heart of the Forest (this is the VN not the Eurojank action game)
PC Building Simulator ("building the ultimate PC is my vision")
Slipways (kinda frustrated with this game's mechanics but they seem to be patching things? Maybe I'll check back in next month)
Sakura Wars (I did one mission, might get back to it eventually)
Wonderful 101 (bought it, played the tutorial)
Spelunky 2 (got to "Olmec" but hit a roadblock)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (played the first hour)
Resident Evil VILLAGE (I watched two streamers play it, I guess I'll play it myself once that fades from memory)

Touched
Mixolumia (nice little puzzler, Tetris-like)
Dorfromantik (Carcassonne-ish)
Potion Craft (demo)
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION
Severed Steel (Demo)

Dropped
Atelier Ryza 2 (I rented this for a month and never even installed it lol)
Loop Hero (Got to the last map and meh,... Worn out its welcome)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (I'm sorry because it has fun writing but it has one of the most aesthetically displeasing combat systems in memory... Repetitive timed attacks plus timed spatial puzzles that make you pay coins the worse you are... It's basically towers of hanoi on a clock and it is like a screeching sound tearing through my cerebrum)
Biomutant (legitimately forgot I played this until I remembered how bad the fur looked in this)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol my 2nd pair of Joycons are drifting. Nintendo's quality control is the absolute worst.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The title of this video makes no sense to me.

I did, and do, like the Super Mario Brothers movie.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its a good movie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you're bored check out the Morton Jankel extended cut of Mario Bros :filez:
https://archive.org/details/super-mario-bros-1993-the-morton-jankel-cut-extended-vhs

Adds 20min of footage
:chanpop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4yy9oBKN4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What other content does this person do? Cause they are pretty funny.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Seeing the Super Mario Brothers movie described as cyberpunk has broken something inside me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Super Mario Bros is an isekai

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The Super Mario Brothers movie is awful but its not boring, its certainly more entertaining than most oscar bait

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I saw it opening day in London Leicester Square with my bestie (who also took me to opening day Jurassic Park in the same theatre both were preshows and now that I think about these moments I wonder if his dad had more clout than I realise) and at the end of the showing when we were writing our thoughts on the cards, he entered a competition to win the SMB toy set. He also won and he gave me half of them :) I had luigi, iggy and spike and he had goomba, mario and bowser.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I saw it at the movies and remember it being dumb, but a lot of fun even as a kid

Seeing the poster everywhere was a massive highlight. Like HOLY poo poo THEY'RE MAKING A MARIO BROS MOVIE?!?!!?! :psyduck: moment

I would unironically hang this up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually I'm changing my vote to the Hellraiser-esque Thai poster

"We have such pipes to show you"

Japanese poster has some legs as well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mario bros movie is unironically a good movie, gently caress the haters

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Woke up this morning with the strange urge to replay Halo 4

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
On a seventh gen curiosities stint. Shadows of the Damned is the first game I've ever played that fills me with the pressing need to be able to play it with the entire script eradicated with nobody ever saying anything.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

lol my 2nd pair of Joycons are drifting. Nintendo's quality control is the absolute worst.

There is a "hack" where it might get fixed if you open them up and put a piece of paper under the joystick.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nina posted:

On a seventh gen curiosities stint. Shadows of the Damned is the first game I've ever played that fills me with the pressing need to be able to play it with the entire script eradicated with nobody ever saying anything.

I don't know where you are but the writing gets worse and worse as it goes.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you don't wanna taste the big boner you don't deserve to play shadows of the damned

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been thinking about the Witness and how I am apparently close to the end. I have seen one ending already and that was superb, now I am doing some more stuff that has been wild.
Something I like especially is reading other people's reactions to puzzles. It has been quite wild seeing what sections people get stuck on and then comparing it. It really shows off the difference in people's brains.

For example The pillar puzzles. I flew through them and even the one with the triangles in the cavern I beat very speedily. However, put me in front of simple floor puzzles with tetris blocks on them and I would be stumped for ages and ages. There was a colour puzzle that I 'solved' and still do not get it. Imagine me doing the Kilogram of Steel face that Limmy does.

Knowing what is a strength and what is not has been great. I think of all puzzles, my favourite systems have been the Triangles, the sounds (including that one with the broken speaker) and the inside the space of the environments. In fact the last one is my very favourite kind. :)

Just a bit more to go then I am done. Roll on Friday!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Been thinking about the Witness and how I am apparently close to the end. I have seen one ending already and that was superb, now I am doing some more stuff that has been wild.
Something I like especially is reading other people's reactions to puzzles. It has been quite wild seeing what sections people get stuck on and then comparing it. It really shows off the difference in people's brains.

For example The pillar puzzles. I flew through them and even the one with the triangles in the cavern I beat very speedily. However, put me in front of simple floor puzzles with tetris blocks on them and I would be stumped for ages and ages. There was a colour puzzle that I 'solved' and still do not get it. Imagine me doing the Kilogram of Steel face that Limmy does.

Knowing what is a strength and what is not has been great. I think of all puzzles, my favourite systems have been the Triangles, the sounds (including that one with the broken speaker) and the inside the space of the environments. In fact the last one is my very favourite kind. :)

Just a bit more to go then I am done. Roll on Friday!!

I'm really glad you're enjoying it!! I gotta remember to watch on Friday, I want to see if you finish.

I haven't been able to watch much since I've been on the road but I'm also glad you found the environmental puzzles. What was the first one you found?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Barudak posted:

I don't know where you are but the writing gets worse and worse as it goes.

This combined with the lack of cutscene skipping and the actually good art design makes it one of the most tragic games I've played

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The newest Monkey Ball characters are a Sega Saturn, a Game Gear, and a Dreamcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck3YqCCebQo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

I'm really glad you're enjoying it!! I gotta remember to watch on Friday, I want to see if you finish.

I haven't been able to watch much since I've been on the road but I'm also glad you found the environmental puzzles. What was the first one you found?

It was the one when looking down from the mountain. There is a clip of that moment too. :3: also there are many more clips of me losing my mind over things. As soon as I got that one I started doing nothing but looking for more :D

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

The newest Monkey Ball characters are a Sega Saturn, a Game Gear, and a Dreamcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck3YqCCebQo

Insane how hard they are going for this

Hard to imagine Nintendo putting this much extra stuff into a rerelease

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

important sign wars update:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

Insane how hard they are going for this

Hard to imagine Nintendo putting this much extra stuff into a rerelease

sorry nintendo is going to continue releasing $40 games for $60

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

It was the one when looking down from the mountain. There is a clip of that moment too. :3: also there are many more clips of me losing my mind over things. As soon as I got that one I started doing nothing but looking for more :D

I just found the clip and I am grinning ear to ear :D Finding your first environmental puzzle is one of the game's coolest moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Woke up this morning with the strange urge to replay Halo 4

Don’t do this, but replay all the ones before 4