Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark 9/07
HM: Evil Uno vs Alan 'V' Angels :smith:
HM: Lee Moriarty vs Joey Janela
HM: Dark Order (Colt Cabana & Stu Grayson) vs RSP & Travis Titan
HM: Diamante vs Big Swole - 3 Strikes Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07

Seconding, match was fun and I really dig the gimmick.

Senerio posted:

Mata ne imo

Kagetsu coming out of retirement and having back-to-back MOTYCs without missing a loving step was a sight to behold.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 8, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07
HM: Dark Order (Colt Cabana & Stu Grayson) vs RSP & Travis Titan

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Evil Uno vs. Alan V Angels, AEW Dark, 07/09
HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dark, 07/09

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

HM - Joey Janela vs Lee Moriarty, AEW Dark 9/7

Nth. Moriarty is something special.

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07

Nth. This hit hard and looked good.

Also:

HM: Yasutaka Yano v Kai Fujimura. NOAH The Universal, September 7 2021. A match between trainees, but about the ideal of the form. Skillful, passionate, and driven, if you want to watch young guys just absolutely leathering the hell out of each other, this is the match for you.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Super Deluxe Series Night 1 September 7th
HM
Purple Haze (Zeus and Izanagi) (c) vs #STRONGHEARTS (T-Hawk and El Lindaman) - All Asia Tag Team Titles
- Izanagi was less of a weak link than usual, the SH duo were rad as hell despite being half the size of their opponents, and Zeus remains an absolute beast.

NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi) (c) vs Shotaro Ashino and Suwama - AJPW World Tag Team Titles
- Considering the depth of talent here it would have been way more shocking if the match was just mediocre. I was kind of wary of a Suwama/Ashino tag team but then they pulled out a rad as hell powerbomb/German and I was completely sold

2nd these both

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AEW All Out September 5th
HM
Miro (c) vs Eddie Kingston - AEW TNT Championship
- A fun beef battle. A dumb complaint considering the crowd hasn't been allowed to cheer for so long, but I kind of wish they were quieter here. They drowned out the beefy chop sounds I so crave, even seeing how they tore up Miro's chest Eddie's chops didn't seem super impactful since I couldn't hear their sounds over the crowd.

Satoshi Kojima vs Jon Moxley
- Another fun beef battle

The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) (c) vs Lucha Brothers (Penta El Cero Miedo and Rey Fenix)- AEW Tag Team Championships
- Some great moments in this, Fenix in particular did some very impressive things. Let out a laugh when the guy on the outside threw the black bag into the ring over the cage and it went straight to Matt who promptly dropped it. Not my favourite cage match this year but still very enjoyable

Kenny Omega (c) vs Christian Cage - AEW World Championship
- Chekov's Table got a mention, that's good enough for me. The triple dragon suplex was cool, but it definitely seemed like Kenny was working a half speed to what I remember him being,. Not sure if that's so Christian can keep up or just because he's a megaheel

Fun show on the whole, couple of mediocre matches but nothing that felt like a waste of time

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07

nth

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Not my favourite cage match this year but still very enjoyable

this is not a call out or anything, i just got to see what someone would consider a better cage match than that match, so give it up, what was the best cagematch this year

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

this is not a call out or anything, i just got to see what someone would consider a better cage match than that match, so give it up, what was the best cagematch this year

Braun vs THE BEST IN THE WOOOOOORLD Shane McMahon, obviously

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

boxcarhobo posted:

Masa Kitamiya vs Katsuhiko Nakajima from NOAH Cage War, which i've linked previously in this very thread

SG Bamboo posted:

This already has the required amount of votes, but I saw that some hero had uploaded the entire show to Youtube a few weeks ago, so I hope some people that wouldn't have otherwise take the opportunity to see what NOAH has to offer. Story leading up to the match is fairly simple, these two have been teaming on and off for nearly a decade and are the current tag team champions. Kitamiya (the beefy one) has left their stable claiming he has always hated Nakajima (the handsome one with the curly hair) but neither guy wants to let go of their half of the tag belts so they are having a hair vs hair match in a cage to settle the grudge. It's a no crowd show because NOAH is very weird about what shows get crowds but it really adds to the atmosphere that it's just two guys getting all their buds (the guys in red at ringside) and sorting poo poo out behind closed doors. Also they have a drone in the studio which allows for some real cool aerial shots.

This match solves nothing outside of one guy losing their hair. Both guys are back to beating the poo poo out of each other the very next day and it's glorious

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

Nakajima vs Kitamiya in Noah was pretty excellent.

EDIT: beaten.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've no doubt that someone who follows AEW week to week would prefer the one from All Out, just like I prefer the Noah one as an avid watcher of that promotion. I loving love Katsu Nakajima and couldn't believe when that absolute prick Kitamiya turned his back on their partnership and then didn't have the good graces to give up the tag belt that Kongoh earned.

Way I see it it's like the Shun Skywalker vs Yamato match. The Dragon Gate contingent called it their match of the year, I consider it closer to the middle because I didn't have any connection to either guy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07

:yeah:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Speaking of Noah:

HM: Masa Kitamiya and Kaito Kiyomiya vs Haoh and Nioh, NOAH The Universal, September 7, 2021.

An excellent heavies vs juniors match. Haoh and Nioh have their bumping shoes on and do a hell of a job against two incredible heavyweights for a very entertaining match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dragon Gate - Storm Gate Night 4 @ Korakuen Hall - 9.8.21

HM:
•Dragon Kid/Keisuke Okuda/Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk/HYO/Kaito Ishida
•YAMATO/Kagetora vs Kota Minoura/Jason Lee
•Strong Machines J/G/K vs Susumu Yokosuka/King Shimizu/Genki Horiguchi
•Eita/Diamante/Dia Inferno vs Shun Skywalker/Dragon Dia/La Estrella

MOTYC:
•4-way Elimination: Masaaki Mochizuki vs KAI vs Ben-K vs Kota Minoura

Really solid undercard. That last trios match would've been MOTYC if not for the DQ ending, even though it works with what R.E.D has been doing lately. Adding top rope eliminations surprisingly added to the pinfall/submission stips for the 4-way, and made the final two feel more desperate. It also capped off the narrative throughline of the show where Kota demanded a spot because he pinned the champion.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

HM:
•Dragon Kid/Keisuke Okuda/Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk/HYO/Kaito Ishida
•YAMATO/Kagetora vs Kota Minoura/Jason Lee
•Strong Machines J/G/K vs Susumu Yokosuka/King Shimizu/Genki Horiguchi
•Eita/Diamante/Dia Inferno vs Shun Skywalker/Dragon Dia/La Estrella

MOTYC:

Really solid undercard. That last trios match would've been MOTYC if not for the DQ ending, even though it works with what R.E.D has been doing lately. Adding top rope eliminations surprisingly added to the pinfall/submission stips for the 4-way, and made the final two feel more desperate. It also capped off the narrative throughline of the show where Kota demanded a spot because he pinned the champion.

2nd all of these.

Main event was really fun then became really great once it was Ben-K vs Minoura

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
7th August
Stardom 5☆ Grand Prix Night 3
Blue Star Block
AZM vs Syuri

Rest of this show was a little flat compared to the opening 3 nights but the main event delivered.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Dante Martin vs. Powerhouse Hobbs, Dynamite 9/8

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

hell yeah 2nd

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Moxley vs Suzuki, Dynamite 9/8

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th August
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 6
Tokyo Princess Cup Semi Final
Maki Itoh vs Mizuki

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nth these

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

sticklefifer posted:

MOTYC:

Nth to these

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Masa Kitamiya vs Katsuhiko Nakajima from NOAH Cage War, which i've linked previously in this very thread

cool beans, ty, will watch

nths

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Not going to lie I was expecting a MOTYC, but will nth this nomination for HM

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Malakai Black vs Dustin Rhodes
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dante Martin
HM: Pinnacle (FTR & Shawn Spears) vs Dark Order (Uno, Grayson & Silver)
HM: Jon Moxley vs Minoru Suzuki

All from AEW Dynammite 08.09

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH the Universal Vol.1 Septamber 7th
MOTYC
Kongoh (Kenoh and Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura
- All four of these guys rule, so glad they went this hard for a nothing match on an internet show

HM
Kai Fujimura vs Yasutaka Yano
- They're the two newest rookies in the promotion but if they keep performing like this it won't be long before they get to the level of Inamura and Okada. Real fun

The IWRG and Syndicate offer matches were also entertaining with some real cool spots, but I found them a bit less enjoyable than the NOAH matches. Check them out if you like lucha

e: gently caress it changed the main event to MOTYC, it was so goddamn good

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 9, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Malakai Black vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Dynamite, 08/09
HM: FTR/Shawn Spears vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 08/09
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, AEW Dynamite, 08/09

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth on these.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nthing these. Hobbs seemed to get knocked silly at the end of the match, but the rest of it was a super fun clash of styles.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro ☆ Women's Wrestling ~ The world calls it love 2021 ~ September 4th
HM
Keisuke Ishii vs Shinichiro Tominaga
- Every time I see a Keisuke Ishii match I think 'man, Ishii is pretty cool. I should watch more GanPro so I can see him'. Also Genpro should do more live shows because I am poo poo at keeping track of Wrestle Universe's taped shows

Miss Mongol and Yumehito Imanari vs Cherry and Shota - Street fight
- This was equal mixes hilarious and brutal. Not as flat out insane as the four way street fight I saw on a previous GanPro show but still well worth the watch. I had to rewind the Piledriver through the table and watch it again because the impact was so unexpected.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cerebral Bore posted:

from AEW Dynammite 08.09

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Not going to lie I was expecting a MOTYC, but will nth this nomination for HM

Same. Can't fathom them only doing 9 minutes with Minoru, including a commercial break, but poo poo happens and it was still fun..

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Bunkhouse Brawl: Karl Anderson vs. Rich Swann, Impact 9/9

The table not breaking ALMOST took away from the match, but then commentary covered for it.

MOTYC: Chris Bey vs. David Finlay, Impact 9/9

EASILY the best match to originally air on AXS TV since the Ironwoman match last year.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 10, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH the Universal Vol.1 Septamber 7th
MOTYC
Kongoh (Kenoh and Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura
- All four of these guys rule, so glad they went this hard for a nothing match on an internet show

Catching up and easy Nth. Four absolute superhuman main eventers putting on a brutal display of what Noah is about. Particularly the Nak / Marafuji parts that just made me need a singles match between them.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dynamite 9/08
HM: Dante Martin vs Will Hobbs
HM: Dark Order (Evil Uno, Stu Grayson & John Silver) vs The Pinnacle (FTR & Shawn Spears)
HM: Jamie Hayter vs Ruby Soho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Same. Can't fathom them only doing 9 minutes with Minoru, including a commercial break.

and loving cut off Kaze Ni Nare.