Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No one else knows the names of moves

When Bryan locked in the LeBell Lock I yelled out "LeBell lock!" when JR (I think) said "ARMBAR!" My wife looked at me and I almost had the nerdiest moment of my life telling her that I was actually right and the pro wrestling announcer was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

THE POWERBOMB!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what's one-week-dark hair cody doing in the matrix zone?!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
When JR called in an armbar I was dying a little inside because it's not an armbar even if yo squint. It's modified cross face But no one calls it that, really.

Also: When Excalibur or ANYONE for that matter calls a sit-out scoop slam a Michinoku Driver I also die a little. I'm very nitpicky about that particular move.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tully is going to easily beat up sting and also darby. It's because of his power.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
important sign wars update:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

When Bryan locked in the LeBell Lock I yelled out "LeBell lock!" when JR (I think) said "ARMBAR!" My wife looked at me and I almost had the nerdiest moment of my life telling her that I was actually right and the pro wrestling announcer was wrong.

"Was that a Flatliner?!"

Not even close, Tony, but I still love ya.

Excal is maybe the person/thing about AEW that's most obviously missing when he's not there. You can build shows around wrestlers not being there or other announcers or whatever, but the show sounds and feels completely different when he's not there. I did appreciate Taz singing along to "Ruby Soho", though, and the picture-in-picture banter was pretty fun. Tony and Taz went on this tangent about how every wrestler in Team Taz (and then Darius Martin) were all handsome and JR was like, "ALL RIGHT, SENIOR CITIZEN TIME IS OVER" or something at some point and it was good stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I thought Taz did a pretty good job of filling in but yeah, literally only Excalibur knows the names of the moves.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also where is Jake?

I don't think it's been made public. Could be any number of reasons.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

"Was that a Flatliner?!"

Not even close, Tony, but I still love ya.

Excal is maybe the person/thing about AEW that's most obviously missing when he's not there. You can build shows around wrestlers not being there or other announcers or whatever, but the show sounds and feels completely different when he's not there. I did appreciate Taz singing along to "Ruby Soho", though, and the picture-in-picture banter was pretty fun. Tony and Taz went on this tangent about how every wrestler in Team Taz (and then Darius Martin) were all handsome and JR was like, "ALL RIGHT, SENIOR CITIZEN TIME IS OVER" or something at some point and it was good stuff.

For me, one of the weird things is how Taz goes in and out of being very civil and even-handed with people on commentary and then changes on a dime. It's jarring.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Adam Cole, a twitch streamer, calling anyone else a nerd is hilarious and I was really hoping Danielson would call that out along with calling out the Bucks losing their titles on Sunday. Oh well.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bryan is also a nerd though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Adam Cole, a twitch streamer, calling anyone else a nerd is hilarious and I was really hoping Danielson would call that out along with calling out the Bucks losing their titles on Sunday. Oh well.

I mean, I tend to think the same thing when
anyone who does it on SA, but it doesn't stop people from doing it here either

Like if someone posts on this website, you are a nerd, it's not up for discussion.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

For me, one of the weird things is how Taz goes in and out of being very civil and even-handed with people on commentary and then changes on a dime. It's jarring.

His normal state is the cool and civil one, but every once in a while he suddenly remembers that basic birds exist.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I feel like I’m crazy because I just don’t get MJF. He’s a genuine “mute the TV and do something else” one for me. His promos use way too much cheap heat and come across as a bit “YOU PEOPLE”. His in ring work has improved greatly but nothing special. Plus, an aristocrat who never loses or gets what’s coming to him is just daily life in the UK. I get that he’s a future main eventer but I’m dreading the eventual title run

He just lost on Sunday. I also don't really understand thinking his ring work is nothing special, he doesn't wrestle a lot but his matches, especially the ring work is really good.

Also I barely noticed Excalibur was gone and enjoyed having more Taz content on my TV.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Taz is the most easily flustered man in AEW and it rules.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

there are only three moves in pro wrestling:

1) blue thunder bomb
2) michinoku driver
3) wacky line

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Taz having the shortest fuse in AEW makes total sense to me. Like, he got so pissed off at Punk and Punk didn't even mention Team Taz in his promo – he mentioned it in a tweet months ago! It's like he suddenly realized nobody was talking about Team Taz and he flipped out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Adam Cole, a twitch streamer, calling anyone else a nerd is hilarious and I was really hoping Danielson would call that out

would be seen as a heel move by most of the people watching AEW

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Destroy My Sweater posted:

there are only three moves in pro wrestling:

1) blue thunder bomb
2) michinoku driver
3) wacky line

4) armbar

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm definitely excited about Riho/Ruby vs Hayter/Britt

Hell, even Britt/Hayter/Rebel vs Riho/Ruby/Stat sounds pretty good, just make sure Rebel doesn't do much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

important sign wars update:

The first good video game sign

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The ROBLOX > FF XIV sign was trying way too hard.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

I've followed Taz's career since 1995 and the weird thing is that he can be civil at all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

njsykora posted:

The ROBLOX > FF XIV sign was trying way too hard.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It's better than most Attitude Era signs, at least.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

elbow drop (with theatrics)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Taz is really fun on commentary but he and Excalibur are perfectly balanced to bring out the best in each other. Taz with JR and Tony just wasn't quite as good.

I do like that he generally starts out super chill, then someone will piss him off or attack Team Taz and he loses his cool for the rest of the show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

It's better than most Attitude Era signs, at least.

At least casual misogyny in signs and chants are gone

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

One thing I really appreciate about Taz on commentary during Team Taz matches is that when his guys get in trouble he switches into this mode of "Okay, now I'm worried" and starts to get more on edge. Really helps sell the fact that while he loves his guys and believes in them, that everyone else in AEW is also very good and could pull off an upset at any time.

Speaking of Team Taz, was Hobbs okay last night? Seemed like he got knocked a bit loopy and wasn't all there the last minute or so of the match.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Speaking of Team Taz, was Hobbs okay last night? Seemed like he got knocked a bit loopy and wasn't all there the last minute or so of the match.

I think both he and Dante were a little concussed by the end of that match.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ethan page and scorpio sky were great and entertaining heels coming off the darby bit

why the gently caress are they pairing them with the guy who makes me leave the room whenever he's on screen

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

cams posted:

ethan page and scorpio sky were great and entertaining heels coming off the darby bit

why the gently caress are they pairing them with the guy who makes me leave the room whenever he's on screen

We gotta get the lapsed OANN fans as well as yhe lapsed WWE fans. This is good. You have to like it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

This is good. You have to like it.

aew threads dot txt

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DAMMIT ADAM COLE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE A JERK TO TONEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :argh:

(sorry, still riding the high)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/UBSArena/status/1435966549907574804

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I'm going to the Norfolk show with a PLAY HADES sign as well as a SABIN IS THE REAL KING OF SUPLEX CITY sign.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Technowrite posted:

I'm going to the Norfolk show with a PLAY HADES sign as well as a SABIN IS THE REAL KING OF SUPLEX CITY sign.

I know you mean the FF guy but it'd be funny if that prompted Tony to book Chris Sabin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Technowrite posted:

SABIN IS THE REAL KING OF SUPLEX CITY sign.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Now I want Moriarty and Garcia as Danielson-gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

I know you mean the FF guy but it'd be funny if that prompted Tony to book Chris Sabin

TK READS THE SIGNS CONFIRMED FOR AEW ROSTER