Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Infinitum posted:

I saw it at the movies and remember it being dumb, but a lot of fun even as a kid

I remember it being dumb fun as a kid as well, but I tried watching it again a year or two ago and not even having accompanying Rifftrax commentary could get more more than like halfway through, it's like really loving boring, a lot more than I remembered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm speed running Halo 4 since we did the others already

Eh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I guess today there will be a trailer for the Matrix 4, and also Sony is going to show games that will get delayed to 2023.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I guess today there will be a trailer for the Matrix 4, and also Sony is going to show games that will get delayed to 2023.

I just saw the matrix trailer on a twitch channel where these two guys were making GBS threads all over it because Keanu doesn't look the same as he did 20 years ago and he's supposed to be dead and "NOT MY MATRIX" or whatever, but it's the first thing in 18 years that's made me want to watch anything related to The Matrix so that's gotta count for something.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Any rumors/announcements about what Sony's going to show today? More Horizon or other things?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
new Matrix looks dope hth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjjMKP4ipg

Here is the trailer, it looks bad, but I am still going to see this movie. It being on HBO Max helps a ton with my interest levels.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjjMKP4ipg

Here is the trailer, it looks bad, but I am still going to see this movie. It being on HBO Max helps a ton with my interest levels.

imo all it has to do is be better than Reloaded and Revolutions which is not a terribly high bar.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jesus christ my playstation plus auto-renewed for a year’s full price without asking me rip my cash

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The wachowskis should stop wasting their time with a new Matrix and just make Speed Racer 2 or maybe try making a Getter Robo movie or something

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

new Matrix looks dope hth

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

goblin week posted:

jesus christ my playstation plus auto-renewed for a year’s full price without asking me rip my cash

I'm sure you have a window to cancel of 2 weeks or something

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

hatty posted:

The wachowskis should stop wasting their time with a new Matrix and just make Speed Racer 2 or maybe try making a Getter Robo movie or something

Speed Racer is the only movie I ever wanted to see a 3D version of back when that was a thing, and I'm still mad at the wachowskis for not making that happen.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

speed racer was extremely good. live-action mario kart / f-zero ftw

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry nintendo is going to continue releasing $40 games for $60

yeah and i'll buy them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Andrast posted:

yeah and i'll buy them

:same:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Andrast posted:

yeah and i'll buy them

:yeah:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

$40 for $60 vs $30 for $70 make your echoice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'll watch the new Matrix starring Fortnite's John Wick

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'd rather just wait 6 months when the $30 games are actually $30 instead of 70 or whatever

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Stux posted:

$40 for $60 vs $30 for $70 make your echoice

If you’re talking about Monkey Ball it’s $40 on PS5

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

I said come in! posted:

What other content does this person do? Cause they are pretty funny.

the whole Polygon video crew rules really hard and I'm praying it's not another Bon Appetit situation but it probably is because that's life in america

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo digital pricing makes a strong argument for physical copies.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I mean new Matrix looks cool and I'll definitely go see it and all but I do hope it's more than just 'hey, remember all these cool bits from the first movie?' cause the trailer is a whole lot of that

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I mean new Matrix looks cool and I'll definitely go see it and all but I do hope it's more than just 'hey, remember all these cool bits from the first movie?' cause the trailer is a whole lot of that

Hmm what could it mean that the movie called Matrix Resurrections is making a lot of references to this first film, ahh alas this is too much work.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Both that video and voidburger's.... everyone talking about the SMB movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Matrix seems alright. I'm taking the opportunity to revisit the originals after like 14 years.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hmm what could it mean that the movie called Matrix Resurrections is making a lot of references to this first film, ahh alas this is too much work.

If there are thematical reasons for it then it's cool but it's the 2020s and every movie studio is rehashing its old IP without doing more than a greatest hits so you can understand my concern

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

waffleman did you know there's someone else on this forum with that same avatar but slightly bigger and slightly shittier and it gets me every time

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Do you think they will go harder or less harder on the trans allegory this time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the whole Polygon video crew rules really hard and I'm praying it's not another Bon Appetit situation but it probably is because that's life in america

I am going to be watching all of their other videos now, to support them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Going to see the new Matrix just because of this one tweet

https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968

yes i know Lilly is not involved

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Going to see the new Matrix just because of this one tweet

https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968

yes i know Lilly is not involved

I did wonder why only one Wachowski was involved, did it have to do with creative differences because that might be a tell

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did wonder why only one Wachowski was involved, did it have to do with creative differences because that might be a tell

I think Lilly was just working on other stuff

e:

quote:

That's a tough one. I got out of my transition and was just completely exhausted because we had made Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending, and the first season of Sense8 back-to-back-to-back. We were posting one, and prepping the other at the exact same time. So you're talking about three 100-plus days of shooting for each project, and so, coming out and just being completely exhausted, my world was like, falling apart to some extent even while I was like, you know, cracking out of my egg. So I needed this time away from this industry. I needed to reconnect with myself as an artist and I did that by going back to school and painting and stuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Wachowskis are awesome and everyone should check out Sense8 on Netflix for being the purest distillation of their brand of storytelling and cinema

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

The Wachowskis are awesome and everyone should check out Sense8 on Netflix for being the purest distillation of their brand of storytelling and cinema

This show was really good. It sucks that it had to be a victim of Netflix canceling everything after two seasons. It was one of the first shows to get hit with this policy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
baby off-brand morpheus is freakin me out lawrence fishburn is still alive so???

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I didn’t know Sense 8 was the Wachowskis. What the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

I didn’t know Sense 8 was the Wachowskis. What the hell

Also the writer of Babylon 5 was involved.