Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

I needed to apologize to Tori because I wasn't treating him fairly, I was judging him on the opinions of others.

I don't care if you think he deserves the apology, I needed to apologize for my own good.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's somewhat telling that nearly all flavors of politics chat are labeled doomerism here

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i think it's a yoga pose

🤔

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you have the second-most posts per hour in FYAD.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

who's number 1, hbag?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PokeJoe posted:

who's number 1, hbag?

posts per hour not probes per hour

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Armitag3 posted:

I think it's good you're taking the time to figure out what you want out of here, because you're taking it all maybe a bit too seriously. It's a shitposting environment where tori can (and honestly, should) come out of a ban+30 for being doombrained about politics and immediately post about bikes with the very same people that dog piled them a month before joining in to say "cool bike, tori".

It'd have bothered me if I didn't say it, and I don't need stress from stupid internet shitposting, I've got enough trouble from things I actually care about.

The consequences are equally fake on the internet no matter what I do, so if I'm not going to be the person I want to be now, when will I?

Sure, it gets me a reputation, but I already had that reputation, so... eh?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hello

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
cls: had an interview earlier that seems to have gone alright but definitely triggered some serious inadequacy issues that I apparently just always have simmering just beneath the surface, so that's been awful to think about all day since

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

it's somewhat telling that nearly all flavors of politics chat are labeled doomerism here

this is true but that doesnt make the label wrong

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Me: hey I'm going to try to do something nice for myself that's also a new challenge
My baggage: lol ok how about you actually just feel miserable for the next 12 hours

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shoeberto posted:

cls: had an interview earlier that seems to have gone alright but definitely triggered some serious inadequacy issues that I apparently just always have simmering just beneath the surface, so that's been awful to think about all day since

yep, that sounds like a job interview all right

hope it turns out sunny for you!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

shoeberto posted:

fingers-crossed that you did well on the interview!

Apr 7, 2003

I went through the past few pages and actually everyone owes me an apology.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Thanks guys. I am scheduling the next project so I'm moving along at least. But holy poo poo every time I think I'm better about my social anxiety I feel like I get a painful dose of reality. Gonna guess I'm probbbbbably not alone here on that.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can practice the anxiety out just like you can practice your mistakes out. increasingly silly exercises, getting peeps to do embarrassing poo poo to you while speaking, tomoatoes thrown at you as an exercise, etc etc

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

get pilloried to succeed in interviews (one weird trick recruiters don't want you to know)!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got tennis balls thrown at me and it permanently cured my fear of public speaking, would get hit by tennis balls again a+

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Pile Of Garbage posted:

get pilloried to succeed in interviews (one weird trick recruiters don't want you to know)!

redpilloried or bluepilloried, the choice is yours

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i got tennis balls thrown at me and it permanently cured my fear of public speaking, would get hit by tennis balls again a+

no big surprise here, just bob asking for lots of fuzzy balls in his face

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'll be the bigger man and apologize in advance for this post

Apr 7, 2003

CPColin posted:

I'll be the bigger man and apologize in advance for this post

Thank you.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
last few pages weren't canonical

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
when i left work i noticed a 1/2" patch of fly eggs on my car bumper :barf:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

when i left work i noticed a 1/2" patch of fly eggs on my car bumper :barf:

I opened the door to the server room yesterday and the floor was covered in wasps. some alive, some dead, some halfway between.

needless to say the boss called the exterminator immediately lmao

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I opened the door to the server room yesterday and the floor was covered in wasps. some alive, some dead, some halfway between.

you either need to get more servers or fewer wasps

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs broke the right arm off my office chair. my symmetry is hosed

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

probably need to start or step up your diversity initiatives

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Truman Peyote posted:

cjs broke the right arm off my office chair. my symmetry is hosed

i intentionally took the arms off my aeron at home and my work chair is some steelcase model that never had arms

no arms chair crew for life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i intentionally took the arms off my aeron at home and my work chair is some steelcase model that never had arms

yeah some ergo consultant recommended i do that so i did

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

yeah some ergo consultant recommended i do that so i did

post hack, ergo posture hack

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Started sleeping with one chair arm under my head instead of two, done wonders for my back

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

:same:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my 35 year old wooden kitchen chair finally broke. plz recommend chairs that are not $500+

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hey dude, im sorry...

that ur poasts are so bad!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cat Face Joe posted:

my 35 year old wooden kitchen chair finally broke. plz recommend chairs that are not $500+

like, for your kitchen, or for your Posting Station?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

I was looking around for aerons the other day and several were at 400

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
job chat: i was fortunate with this job as my little neck of the woods was an unmitigated shitshow when i walked in so any improvements i make are way better than what they had. it’s good.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

I found mine in the alley, try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i’m sorry.