Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

ethanol posted:

is 2042 going to be good

Signs point to no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Fried Watermelon posted:

Will a 3080 be able to run this game?

No, sucked to run on my 3080 and 5950x

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Planes will be able to shoot me with things and not get shot? This game sucks!

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

ethanol posted:

is 2042 going to be good

the real question is:

are 2042 goons going to be good

the answer is also no

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Kibayasu posted:

Planes will be able to shoot me with things and not get shot? This game sucks!

Spending $70 for a combined arms videogame means I do not want combined arms!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

since the F35 is in, it should crash and blow up whenever it rains in the server

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Not hearing a lot of confidence in the thread atm.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ZeusCannon posted:

It's 2021. Optimism is death

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's 2021. Optimism is death

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

preordered on ps5 thanks fro the advice thread

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

can't have your expectations dashed if they didn't exist to begin with

In real news though

Hildur Guðnadóttir, the composer for Prisoners, Sicario, The Revenant, Arrival, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Joker, and Chernobyl is doing the soundtrack for BF2042 and posted the main theme today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FytcxmBT9Ls

Kind of digging it, it's familiar but distorted and dark. Much like our future

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Every game sucks until proven otherwise

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

rap music posted:

Every game sucks until proven otherwise

Battlefield: Every game sucks until proven otherwise

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

f35? …lmao lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jisforjosh posted:

Hildur Guðnadóttir, the composer for Prisoners, Sicario, The Revenant, Arrival, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Joker, and Chernobyl is doing the soundtrack for BF2042 and posted the main theme today

I am extremely hype for the game but this theme is loving terrible.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I think it's less no confidence and more no goddamn info because it's been basically radio silence.

You'd think we'd know when exactly the beta is for sure 2 weeks away from when it's been supposedly been datamined to be.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ZeusCannon posted:

The best thing about a brand new battlefield is that almost everyone will be completely awful for the first couple of months, and anyone with a semblance of fps skill will land a comfortable 3 k/d that you can maintain until the game dies based on that head start alone

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bad theme

an ominous portent

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
There's no way it can be worse than 2142, and people love 2142.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOR55-sikbdGr7Q_2-6UZ0V9FB_1JMcDS

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Charles 1998 posted:

There's no way it can be worse than 2142, and people love 2142.

:hmmyes: i do love 2142

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

2142 was great, do you hate fun? Cuz big mechs and flying battlecruisers are fun.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

drat that theme sucks

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

2142 was great, do you hate fun? Cuz big mechs and flying battlecruisers are fun.

:emptyquote:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
lol the new theme sounds like whales loving, terrible noise

BF1 reigns supremeo in the music department

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

The best thing about a brand new battlefield is that almost everyone will be completely awful for the first couple of months, and anyone with a semblance of fps skill will land a comfortable 3 k/d that you can maintain until the game dies based on that head start alone

And then after that you can just switch to playing with bots

win win

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

drat that theme sucks

Yeah, I thought my homepod was dying but nope

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
I dig it. Its kind of dissonant and unpleasant. But I like it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I kind of wish there was a single-player campaign now so there could be a throwaway moment where some big tough bearded operator guy turns and looks at an F35 parked on a runway and is like "these venerable old birds have reliably served for decades" lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am extremely hype for the game but this theme is loving terrible.

I think it works as menu/loading music, which I assume will be its primary purpose

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bring back whoever composed the bf2 mec theme

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQc6sRvuh4M

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The tech test was so limited, and such a buggy mess that it was really hard to get a sense of the gameplay and flow of the map. I hope the beta will give a better idea of how it good it will be. In contrast I was in the closed alpha for V and it felt really stale, and lacking so many features I got bored in a few minutes of play. I wrote it off as Alpha, but when the beta came out and didn't have much more I was concerned. There seems to be more on paper for the game than compared to V which was a lot of promises about the games as a "service" bullshit that never delivered anything before it was abandoned. The new portal and hazard zone mode are the wild cards here as there is very little info about them still. Are they even planned to be in at launch? But I will say Portal is the best looking feature and I predict it may be the main way to play the game for me rather than the main modes. But that depends on what people can make and how many servers will run them.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Even the alpha, just as a proof of concept and despite all the technical issues, was a good experience for a new BF game. I am definitely interested in seeing how the beta shapes up but I am confident this years product will be as fun as V was (gently caress the haters V was good)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

LGD posted:

I think it works as menu/loading music, which I assume will be its primary purpose

The BF4 music was stuttery and looped tightly with breakbeat effects -- which was good for hiding how badly it was unintentionally stuttering and looping during loads towards release.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Do game publishers have to pay a license to tank companies if they use the likeness of an m1 abrams?

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

toggle posted:

Do game publishers have to pay a license to tank companies if they use the likeness of an m1 abrams?

I thought I heard of a lawsuit regarding this fairly recently. I remember reading that because they consider a game an artistic work, they can use the likeness of real vehicles and places with no issue but often you'll see specific vehicles or items as brand promotion. I'm not sure if the same is true for the likeness of real people, but probably not since athletes are fighting for compensation for their likeness being used.

Edit: Activision using Humvee in COD. Apparently AMG's case against them was dismissed because for the portrayal of the military in the game to be realistic, they needed to model the actual equipment used
https://www.google.com/amp/s/itsartlaw.org/2020/06/22/updates-from-the-video-game-world/amp/

DrBox fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 10, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Even the alpha, just as a proof of concept and despite all the technical issues, was a good experience for a new BF game. I am definitely interested in seeing how the beta shapes up but I am confident this years product will be as fun as V was (gently caress the haters V was good)

Heroes >>>> V

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Heroes >>>> V

Harsh but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

can't have your expectations dashed if they didn't exist to begin with

In real news though

Matter of taste but I do not like it at all. Too much distortion. It doesn't feel like someone can make a great 'Battlefield moment' video and get away with it like the contest they ran with BF3.