Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my Denali park road lottery trip got canceled due to rock slides and now I’m sad and not sure what to do with my time off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

suck yourself off op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

more seriously though, i'm sorry that happened - it's really crappy and i hope my dumb joke doesn't make your day worse

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
bump

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

suck yourself off op

this is the least achmed jones post ive ever seen im kinda shocked

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i love my hummingbirds so much

look at its tiny little feets :3:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 9, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
was at the rents most of last week, got to watch the hummers be big drama queens

each one has their own lookout spot and some let some others eat. one of them was like 'youve had enough' after 2 mins and went after them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's one boy who's been chasing a girl all afternoon

- he sits a couple feet away from her and puffs up his head feathers
- then opens his beak all the way and squawks at her for 10-15 seconds
- then takes flight and hovers right in front of her, still with his beak open all the way, and squawks in her face
- then he flies away for a few seconds and comes blasting back in at mach 3, passing her by like an inch, making a buzzing/popping sound
- at this point she takes off with him and they do a bunch of circling close passes in the air
- then they go and land on the wire again and stare each other down for several minutes until he repeats it

i wish human mating rituals were more like this.

here they are doing the stare-down

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 9, 2021

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Sagebrush posted:

there's one boy who's been chasing a girl all afternoon

- he sits a couple feet away from her and puffs up his head feathers
- then opens his beak all the way and squawks at her for 10-15 seconds
- then takes flight and hovers right in front of her, still with his beak open all the way, and squawks in her face
- then he flies away for a few seconds and comes blasting back in at mach 3, passing her by like an inch, making a buzzing/popping sound
- at this point she takes off with him and they do a bunch of circling close passes in the air
- then they go and land on the wire again and stare each other down for several minutes until he repeats it

i wish human mating rituals were more like this.

yours aren't?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yeah c'mon SB you already have a pilots license, just tell your crush to look out of her office window.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the ruby-throated one is the female sits and the male does big U flight patterns in front of her a whole bunch of times, chirping the whole time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was at the park on monday and saw a hummingbird doing some crazy flight where it would go up to 20-30 feet, fly straight then drop straight down to like 3 feet, then back up after a few seconds we guessed it was a mating display but I'd never seen that before

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yep. they do that high speed dive to make squeaking noises with their tail feathers because that impresses lady hummingbirds apparently.

it's explained in this very good documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biagyb7AcK8

(did you know zefrank was back? what a world)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

well I hope that hummingbird got laid

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

DSCF0990 by Soluau _, on Flickr

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

that's the stuff

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

my first thought looking at the photograph was "wow kind of looks like Far Cry" and i feel sad realizing how broken my brain is after decades of computer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

getting real boss baby vibes from this photo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mint

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yard salad posted:

my first thought looking at the photograph was "wow kind of looks like Far Cry" and i feel sad realizing how broken my brain is after decades of computer

that's okay, i was getting dark souls 1 vibes from it :smith:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm spending the next few days hiking in the cascades and it will be the longest time i haven't been on a goddamn pagerduty schedule in nearly 2 years

utter bliss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
loving excellent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wasn’t sure the best thread to post these in but this will have to do. just some spring time nature pics I’ve taken recently.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

those are nice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

those are nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i did a little hiking this weekend, fall colors are coming out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
extremely glorious

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bschne/status/1445096161040375810

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump

my hummingbirds are horny again. one has been sitting out there on the clothesline alternating between chugging sugar water and warbling out mating calls all morning.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i'm horny again too. horny for the woods

picked some chanterelles today, found a bunch of good ones.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
wandered around for a while, hate to be back.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that is super nice color. the yellow tone of the hills almost makes it look like an old kodachrome.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

that is super nice color. the yellow tone of the hills almost makes it look like an old kodachrome.

thanks, the fall colors look really nice right now in Colorado.

i actually have a Polaroid, but I forgot to bring it with me on my trip.

here’s more

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
View from my new workshop. bye bye new tech, hello old tech.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat that’s nice my friend

got the kids up to go to the sunrise from the hills

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 25, 2021

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
lovely pics ya'll

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i went up a mountain to see the aurora but it wasn't visible. still a nice mountain though and I saw the milky way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
does this double as the camera and photography thread