Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the stealth in factions 2 is so good that ND can't find the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Hell yes!

https://twitter.com/oniongames/status/1435658187114483715

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

translated by thread darling Tim Rodgers!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The stealth in Metal Gear Solid is so good that when another poster bought me my Solid Snake avatar all the chain probes stopped because the mods couldn't find me anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok y’all name an example of good stealth in a game ?? 🤔

Sly Cooper 2, Wolfenstein The New Order

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

translated by thread darling Tim Rodgers!

The first 10,000 hour RPG

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Dishonored

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skrill.exe posted:

The first 10,000 hour RPG

FFXIII came out in 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

12 is way longer than 13

and more boring

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Wolfsheim posted:

i liked the MJ/Miles sequences in Spider-Man except for the stealth, if that makes sense? like as little story vignettes/interactive cutscenes they're fine, but then the sneaking part should have exclusively been on rails with no way to fail

then again i also liked playing pipe dream for peter's science projects so apparently ALL the bad things are there for me :downs:

Yeah, I'm with you. As an on rails thing to slightly break up the gameplay for a couple of minutes and advance the plot I'd have been fine with them, but as a thing you could fail and have to retry they sucked.

Also I not only enjoyed the puzzles for the science projects, but I even liked pipe dreams as the much maligned hacking minigame in Bioshock 1. I'm pretty sure I'm fine and its everyone else who's wrong.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1435650835678121984

I always get triggered by the model of modern video game making where they just double down making more and more content for bad, already released games that no one cares about.

Nah, I'm completely the opposite; If you launch a full priced game with very little working content but a shiny roadmap of bullshit promises you should be legally obligated to produce every single thing on that roadmap as promised as long as at least one person bought the loving thing.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

They don't need to remove the stealth with other characters in the next spider-man they just need to make them more fun and less annoying if you happen to do something they didn't intend so you see a fail state.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ask kojima

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thief

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Akuma posted:

They don't need to remove the stealth with other characters in the next spider-man they just need to make them more fun and less annoying if you happen to do something they didn't intend so you see a fail state.

Fail the stealth section and they get bored with the story and you turn into Ghost Rider and burn the building down.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. There's no alarm if they have no limbs or head to use it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazSleZeF0Y

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Towards the end of the game, MJ gets a taser, and her stealth sections start to play like regular Far-Cry-esque sneak-n-stabs, and reach the extraordinary heights of "fine"

DownTheWell
Apr 19, 2007

Prosecute

Akuma posted:

Yes, they don’t need to remove the stealth segments. Just use the Mary-Jane portion in Grand Central station as the absolute lowest power level you can be, and improve from there.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Doom3 VR has been great so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKkQ82n81U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVi9uiSm7Oc

Now on to Resurrection of Evil. The grabber is going to be real interesting in this.

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 9, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rocket Pan posted:

Doom3 VR has been great so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKkQ82n81U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVi9uiSm7Oc

Now on to Resurrection of Evil. The grabber is going to be real interesting in this.

are you playing with the controller or the aim thingy? im thinking of booting it up tbh but dont have the aim thingy so not sure if i should wait until i get it. looks amazing tho

still love how they retroactively had doom slayer in the end of doom 3 there lol

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 9, 2021

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Vikar Jerome posted:

are you playing with the controller or the aim thingy?

Aim controller. Never tried it with a gamepad, it apparently works the same way but will likely just feel different to use. With the Aim controller, they do a good job of lining up your trigger hand with the actual in world trigger, though with some weird consequences with the machine gun and rocket launcher. Though the RL isn't wrong per say, just slightly unexpected given it's more aligned to be on your shoulder.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have enjoyed Marvel's The Avengers (including the War for Ruthkanda) but I dunno if I would want to do a multiplayer raid

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's not like a perfect game or anything, but Darksiders 3's actually pretty fun! It's a cool little Dark Souls-like game with the most Metroidvania aspects in a 3D game I've seen since Arkham Asylum. They did a big combat change post launch (Called "Classic" mode) that fixes a lot of the concerns with it.

I'm not sure why it got such negative reviews at launch, as it's kind of the typical 7-8/10 scored game you'd see everywhere, but it's a pretty unique game with these blend of styles. You could do a lot worse than spending 10 bucks on this game when it's on sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As long time Darksiders fan (shut up there at least uh me) I thought 3 was pretty good too.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kirios posted:

It's not like a perfect game or anything, but Darksiders 3's actually pretty fun! It's a cool little Dark Souls-like game with the most Metroidvania aspects in a 3D game I've seen since Arkham Asylum. They did a big combat change post launch (Called "Classic" mode) that fixes a lot of the concerns with it.

I'm not sure why it got such negative reviews at launch, as it's kind of the typical 7-8/10 scored game you'd see everywhere, but it's a pretty unique game with these blend of styles. You could do a lot worse than spending 10 bucks on this game when it's on sale.

How hard is it? I liked Darksiders 1 and 2 well enough, but the fact everyone describes 3 as dark souls-like implies to me a level of difficulty and repeated trial and error I dont personally enjoy and kind of puts me off it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's probably harder than the first two but it's not super hard, they added options to make the combat more like the originals so you can dodge cancel out of attacks and stuff and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it has difficulty options too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The stealth segments in SM specifically exist to give an idea of the menace and danger of each new villain faction. You get one for each and they serve to show you how terrifying those dudes are before you get back to Spidermanning and air combo their asses to death so that them being city-wide danger actually feels plausible.

It also serves to give characters agency without taking control from the player, especially for Miles who was being built up as second protagonist

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

The stealth segments in SM specifically exist to give an idea of the menace and danger of each new villain faction. You get one for each and they serve to show you how terrifying those dudes are before you get back to Spidermanning and air combo their asses to death so that them being city-wide danger actually feels plausible.

It also serves to give characters agency without taking control from the player, especially for Miles who was being built up as second protagonist

Except that all it shows is the ineptness of the organizations and how terrible MJ is at self preservation.

"We are a security force second to none with an unlimited budget and carte blanche on this city"
"Lol little hack program goes brrrr"

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

ImpAtom posted:

Well they failed miserably if that was the goal. They suck, they're boring and tedious, and the worst sin of all: not fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Except that all it shows is the ineptness of the organizations and how terrible MJ is at self preservation.

"We are a security force second to none with an unlimited budget and carte blanche on this city"
"Lol little hack program goes brrrr"

MJ is legitimately successful in all of them. Peter in fact is the one who fucks up her success in the camp one.
(As far as hacking goes welcome to literally every super organization to exist ever.)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Predator game we got for free this month is cool and all, but multiplayer only is a death sentence for a game like that

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

MJ is legitimately successful in all of them. Peter in fact is the one who fucks up her success in the camp one.
(As far as hacking goes welcome to literally every super organization to exist ever.)

I think it's the fact that she puts herself in mortal peril to do something in a way that's 10x harder than having Peter do it, something that would literally take him maybe a minute to accomplish on the way to get groceries or something, that annoys me.

Like, say I drive but my partner doesn't. If she walked down the highway in sweltering heat to pick something up rather than inconvenience me, in order to prove she could, I'd think she was mad to risk heatstroke rather than just get me to go get it faster and safer in a car.

Edit: this is, of course, unrelated to the gameplay which is basically 'walk in a line and follow a script', something that is incredibly obvious on repeat playthroughs.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Inspector Hound posted:

The Predator game we got for free this month is cool and all, but multiplayer only is a death sentence for a game like that

Every multiplayer game would be improved by shoving bots into every mode. Even lovely bots are fun to zone out with for some mindless killing or whatever. I spent a lot of time doing that as a kid with my fart tier internet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have to assume that was Kraven doing the voice-over at the end. Can't wait for the Professor X stealth sections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPIDSntYfOY

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I have to assume that was Kraven doing the voice-over at the end. Can't wait for the Professor X stealth sections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPIDSntYfOY

Im not a huge Spider-man fanatic so its possible it's someone else but there's no way someone with a thick eastern European accent would be talking about looking for a challenge and such and it not being Kraven.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I was kinda hoping it’d be Morbius and you’d team up with Blade to fight vampires as spiderman. no idea what either of them sound like

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i think its morlun, kraven is the too obvious choice and given most of the first game was relatively new vilian mister negative, i suspect most of 2 will be relatively new village morlun rather than sticking with obvious fan bait and fan fav villains and poo poo, introduce new villain to those who havent read a comic book in 30 years. and poo poo kraven might be in the too but i think it was morlun speaking to venom and i get the feeling youll be playing as venom too.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I was kinda hoping it’d be Morbius and you’d team up with Blade to fight vampires as spiderman. no idea what either of them sound like

I think with the upcoming films a Halloween DLC with Blade and Morbius is very much a possibility

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Every multiplayer game would be improved by shoving bots into every mode. Even lovely bots are fun to zone out with for some mindless killing or whatever. I spent a lot of time doing that as a kid with my fart tier internet.

I think about people with poo poo internet, or no internet, all the time when I play games now. They exist, they have money, they want to play video games, but between patches, accounts, games with no single player or terrible single player mode, they're kind of left in the dirt. With things like Game Pass clearly becoming the norm I only see it getting worse, possibly leading to an outlier population of extremely socially competent and athletic people outside of well-served areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I think with the upcoming films a Halloween DLC with Blade and Morbius is very much a possibility

the first game/miles? i highly doubt we're seeing any new content for those. i'd be surprised if they drop the new suit as dlc either (or suits... its happening guys, best dancer is back)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 10, 2021