Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr Christmas posted:

Oh hey, Battlegrounds is out of Beta, isn’t it?

Unrelated, back when I beat the final Book of Heroes chapter, I did it on my phone. I got some weird unfinished popup with underscores in it that seemed to be for completing every Book of Heroes chapter. Is/was there supposed to be a reward associated with that?

Yes, a golden standard pack. It was supposed to have been fixed a few weeks ago but I don't know if they're gotten everyone who already completed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

AnacondaHL posted:

Some development is happening right now in Warlock decks, to make more use of the Tamsin quest reward, contrary to what the current Quest Handlock is doing.

One goes all in on this approach:

### Questline Turbomill
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvLtA4T7Aw61uQO2uQObzQPXzgP7zgOL1QOS5AOT5APY7QPw7QOI7wO98QOD+wPnoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

but I didn't like the feel of this one, and got middling results. It's good though.

What I was successful with was a hybrid of the mill deck and handlock:

### Questline Handrod
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 2x (10) Flesh Giant
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAf0GAoT7A5egBA6bzQPXzgP7zgPB0QOL1QOT5APY7QPw7QPx7QOI7wO98QPG+QOD+wPnoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

As long as you can dodge Mages and Paladins you're good to go!

Been running this -Thalnos +Anetheron and it’s super strong. Got burned to 1 by a face hunter and then just bristle back chained my way up to around 20 and set up lethal while he had no more resources

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Been running this -Thalnos +Anetheron and it’s super strong. Got burned to 1 by a face hunter and then just bristle back chained my way up to around 20 and set up lethal while he had no more resources

♪ Look at this bristleback ♪
♪ It's gonna help me make a comeback ♪
♪ Took all that damage to the head ♪
♪ But Rexxar didn't quite make me dead ♪

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Playing Hearthstone for the first time in about a year, saved up the first 2k gold on my fresh account to buy the previous mini set. It didn't take long before I got matched up against people with meta quest decks.

My entire purpose in life is now to eat a quest reward minion with a Mutanus the Devourer, possibly with the assistance of the random shaman legendary i got that repeats battlecries. No success so far but a couple of very close calls. gently caress those quests

**which one of you dudes has the Hanjo account, that's a SA meme speak up

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 8, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I think one way that Quest Mage needs to be nerfed is that secrets should just be classed as "Secret" spells. Or better yet, give them NO classification, like Rigged Faire Game. No Fire, Frost, or Arcane secrets. Just "secrets."

You can play Secret Mage, or you can play Quest Mage. Being able to play both simultaneously is too loving OP.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I think one way that Quest Mage needs to be nerfed is that secrets should just be classed as "Secret" spells. Or better yet, give them NO classification, like Rigged Faire Game. No Fire, Frost, or Arcane secrets. Just "secrets."

You can play Secret Mage, or you can play Quest Mage. Being able to play both simultaneously is too loving OP.

Yeah I looked up some videos from Hearthstone content creators to get the vibe of the game atm, and one of the take-aways everyone seems to agree on is that there is no real downside to just adding the quests into what is basically already a top of the meta deck.. especially for Mage and Warlock you have decks full of cards that everyone would be playing anyway with the quest thrown in there as the immediate win condition on top.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Quest mages in standard run barely any secrets and wild mages often don't run the quest.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Fel DH is really fun and I'm slowly climbing with it. I've been playing with Zai instead of Il'Gynoth which so far has worked out well (although I'm tempted to run both).

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Quest mages in standard run barely any secrets and wild mages often don't run the quest.

They only run Ice Block as a way to play a frost spell against other quest decks no?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally got Pretzel Mustard on the back of a Milhouse-> Golden Hogger, Golden Peggy build. Would have gotten spicy too if I didn't tie the first round.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Why is this Brawl giving me issues? Help. What card should I play here?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

Why is this Brawl giving me issues? Help. What card should I play here?

First one I ran into was a Warlock with Demonic Studies. I tried as Warrior with Athletic Studies after that, but someone autoconceded to give a free win.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Pogo. It's always Pogo.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

12/30 Gold now. I'm not sure what this says about me but I doubt it's good. 18 to go :(

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The new menu is awful, Blizzard are so dumb.

Desert Bus posted:

12/30 Gold now. I'm not sure what this says about me but I doubt it's good. 18 to go :(

God bless but you're an idiot :tipshat:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Boatswain posted:

God bless but you're an idiot :tipshat:

I'm literally choosing what packs to buy based on what is most likely to give me the Golds I want. Frozen Throne has Play Dead but Rise of the Shadows has Ursatron and other stuff. Can't disagree with you though. If i was trying to make a good deck all Gold this might seem more reasonable.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Christ but this solo adventure feels stacked against the player in some of these fights. Sure, I'll go up against double spells. Or one-sided board wipes every turn. That's fun.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I think I ended up exhausting Kurtrus. Brukan I just went wide quickly and killed him before he was pushing the button a lot. Probably had the most trouble with the second to last fight where you're facing a big board every turn.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
You know, I'd actually think Duels would be my favourite mode in the game, if it had Standard & Wild versions.

But as it stands, it's great fun until you hit like 6 wins, then you run into people whose card pool is clearly exponentially larger, and get hosed by cards you've never even seen.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Amoeba102 posted:

I think I ended up exhausting Kurtrus. Brukan I just went wide quickly and killed him before he was pushing the button a lot. Probably had the most trouble with the second to last fight where you're facing a big board every turn.

Yeah exhaust the first fight and then for the rest you kinda just want to mull for Backfire into the Handsize demon spell and double cast it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amoeba102 posted:

Kurtrus and Xyrella were the two I struggled most with. Ended up fatiguing Kurtrus too, and Xyrella I just scraped through after a bunch of near misses since I was drawing out the first phase too much.

Bolvar comes down to getting Doom fairly early on. It's random but not that difficult, and if you lose you're going to lose quickly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Judging by the Tamsin Book I guess next expansion we’re getting Shadow a Xyrella

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AnacondaHL posted:

but I didn't like the feel of this one, and got middling results. It's good though.

What I was successful with was a hybrid of the mill deck and handlock:

### Questline Handrod
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 2x (10) Flesh Giant
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAf0GAoT7A5egBA6bzQPXzgP7zgPB0QOL1QOT5APY7QPw7QPx7QOI7wO98QPG+QOD+wPnoAQA
#

As long as you can dodge Mages and Paladins you're good to go!

I don't know how your second deck beats hunters, I'm getting rolled by them.

e: Update, I don't know how you get over a .500 win rate with this deck.

It is fun tho :)

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 9, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I don't know how your second deck beats hunters, I'm getting rolled by them.

As it turns out the deck is more even vs Paladin and less even vs Hunter. Wins look something like this:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/jnnuFManZSgd9eDY2x4EfW

Mull hard for Soul Rend and healing, and pray.

edit: also the latest build drops the 2x Unstable Shadow Blasts for 2x Mortal Coil

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

I’m shredding Wild with this deck. I actually got the 12-straight-wins cheevo without even noticing.

### Ancharrr
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Deckhand
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Shiver Their Timbers!
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Small-Time Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 1x (3) Southsea Captain
#
AAEBAYwWBJG8At6tA5j2A6+gBA3UBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLPiQPdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOX9gOmigStoAQA
#

Gaebril
Dec 18, 2016
This Tavern Brawl is a good time to play Elwynn Boars, but good luck finding someone who'll stick around for you to get the achievement

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Gaebril posted:

This Tavern Brawl is a good time to play Elwynn Boars, but good luck finding someone who'll stick around for you to get the achievement

I managed it in duels because a paladin played the boar hoping to resurrect it a bunch but I got to coin into the treasure that fills my board with a copy of a minion and he was a good enough sport to let me actually finish it.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Gaebril posted:

Found someone who would, only to then discover achievements can't be earned in a Tavern Brawl. Oh well.

Also that Wild Pirate Warrior deck is quite strong - I'm at 20 straight wins and counting even having dusted Patches way back when. Could be that I have a super low MMR in Wild though? I imagine my standard one is decent, usually finish at least D5 with the occasional push for legend.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

How do you wild pirate warrior people ever win against quest warlock?

I’ve been playing mostly quest warlock and I’ve lost 1 time to a pirate warrior and won every other game vs them. All I have to do is land any combination of 2 defile or plague of flames and the deck just folds completely.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I got boar'd today and took my lumps with a smile on my face.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

I’m shredding Wild with this deck. I actually got the 12-straight-wins cheevo without even noticing.

### Ancharrr
#
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
#
AAEBAYwWBJG8At6tA5j2A6+gBA3UBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLPiQPdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOX9gOmigStoAQA
#

This deck fucks but I have been working on a slightly modified version since you posted it. Right now it's just both Raiders out, both Kraggs in. A bit slower but also more lol

### Ancharrr 4.0
#
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 1x (7) Skycap'n Kragg
#
AAEBAaPLAwbFFZG8At6tA/O3A5j2A6+gBAzUBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLPiQPdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOX9gOmigQA
#

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 9, 2021

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Man, gently caress Leapfrogger builds. I can’t even win against it when I’m running it.

If you can’t tell, thats a 14,000 attack 14,000 hp parrot activating ITSELF every time it attacks.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Elysium posted:

Man, gently caress Leapfrogger builds. I can’t even win against it when I’m running it.

If you can’t tell, thats a 14,000 attack 14,000 hp parrot activating ITSELF every time it attacks.
It definitely feels like Leapfrogger + Parrot is a problem and I'm not really sure why nobody in development could see it coming.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That it can trigger itself, to itself is just fuckin' madness, right?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Reword to "Another friendly Beast".

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Seems I do have to re-craft Ilgynoth to achieve success with fel DH :sigh:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is there a goon approved updated battlegrounds guide to end game builds?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Amoeba102 posted:

Reword to "Another friendly Beast".

:unsmigghh:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
played varden for the brawl

one and done

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Is there a cheevo in Battlegrounds for winning with only 3 minions?

There should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there a goon approved updated battlegrounds guide to end game builds?

Quick thoughts I'm dumping right before I go home for work on a Friday. It really depends more on which hero you have as some are less effective with a subpar HP, but in general:

Beasts: Macaw + Goldrinn + 1-2 Hydra + Baron + flex slot + any taunted minion (taunted Goldrinn would be preferable)
- Leapfrogger: Macaw + double taunted Frogger + token Rat + Mama Bear + Baron + flex slot
Both of the above builds you want to snake reborn one of the key beasts to get more procs.

Demons: 2 Urzul Devourers (don't triple it, it's a trap) + 2 Bigfernal + the T6 bat that causes stat hoovering + flex slot + Doomsayer (until you think you're at a point where you don't need more minions, then throw down whatever - Selfless Hero would be best).

Dragons: Nadina + 1-2 Tarecgosa + Prize Drake + 1-2 Kalecgos + flex slot. Alternative Dragons: Nadina + 1-2 Kalec + Pyrodrake + flex dragons (preferably Razorgore, but the evolving chromatic drake will do in a pinch if you've had it since early game) + rotating BC slot (wins you games vs. other heavy DS boards). Ideally one of the Kalecs is taunted for cleave protection. If you get Nadina early, don't drop her until it becomes necessary as it will likely boardlock you.

(edit) Elementals: Oh, I forgot about these guys. Losing Garr hurt because it got replaced by the worst T6 minion they've ever printed. However, if you can get an early Rag and also pick up the refresh elemental and the T4 pseudo-Nomi along the way, you can get yourself into a good spot.

Mechs: Omega in the 1 slot + 2 Deflectos + 2 Mecherels + flex + something in the 7 slot with magnetized DS to guarantee that the Mecherels get DS right away, best case would be a 2nd Omega. Depending on opponent's composition, a cleave (pref. Foe Reaper) may by needed.

Murlocs: I've won with the dumbest board ever and I wish I were at home so I could post it (something like 2 gold Flexfins that got the maximum benefit from a tripled Brann, 2 of the T2 minion that increases Murloc health per play, one tripled Warleader, and a flex slot to cycle buffs). Otherwise you want to hope for a gold SI-7 loc so you can poison your entire board quickly and scam. Far easier to do with George for obvious reasons.

I'm home now; here's the board. Yes, they are all golden. The Ghoul was because I knew the last player left (a Shudderwock) had two golden Crackling Cyclones and I didn't want to risk them having scaled high enough to punch out 3 minions each.

Pirates: Either 2x Salty + 2x the new minion that gives +1/+1 per card added + 2 Hogger + flex slot, or the same old pirate exodia.

Taunt: Nothing much changed here.

Quilboars: Not sure. I haven't won off Quilboar since the patch and it may be the worst tribe now.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 10, 2021