Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

My local theater just dropped the hammer after a Covid scare and are now requiring proof of vaccination and masks (good.) which means I now have tickets to a 16mm screening of

:getin:

I was just kid when the CB craze was going on, but I've never heard "Watch your donkey" before. I think I'll start using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Been using "watch your donkey" and "check your Shrek" for ages.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1433977522329464838?t=m_e1YpZ_HOarUEjdO1auUA&s=19

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

My local theater just dropped the hammer after a Covid scare and are now requiring proof of vaccination and masks (good.) which means I now have tickets to a 16mm screening of

:getin:

Awesome, watched that earlier this year, the music still floats around in my head occasionally.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Supervan bounces back and forth between amazing and horrendous, it's really something else

probably the best part is that they filmed it at an actual van convention, so it's kinda got elements of cinema verite in the b-roll wedged in between the chunks of absolute nonsense that make up the plot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Bumper sticker reads: "My other van is a van."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

hexwren posted:

Supervan bounces back and forth between amazing and horrendous, it's really something else

probably the best part is that they filmed it at an actual van convention, so it's kinda got elements of cinema verite in the b-roll wedged in between the chunks of absolute nonsense that make up the plot

Also Charles Bukowski shows up briefly.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

E: nm

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hexwren posted:

RLM noted this in a few films previously and termed it "Shoot the Rodeo" for its most egregious example in 'The Chooper' which has a shitload of runtime-padding Rodeo footage only tangentially attached to the "plot" of the film.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This was a fun little movie.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Riders of Justice, for anyone wondering who doesn't want to squint at the small print

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Skinny Peter Jackson on the left there

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I know the movie sucked but I still say this poster kicks rear end

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How many girlfriends die in this Gundam story?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gundam Narrative was terrible

Inspector Gesicht posted:

How many girlfriends die in this Gundam story?

One before one or two during iirc

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RBA Starblade posted:

Gundam Narrative was terrible

One before one or two during iirc

f'ing lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cool minimalist fan poster, now where's the real one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plPiZFwzt1I

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

Cool minimalist fan poster, now where's the real one

It's just a teaser

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know, I'm jokin.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Does the "only in cinemas" mean they abandoned the simultaneous HBO Max thing? Although "cinemas" means it could be somewhere without HBO Max.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

LesterGroans posted:

Does the "only in cinemas" mean they abandoned the simultaneous HBO Max thing? Although "cinemas" means it could be somewhere without HBO Max.

Yeah, I thought I remembered them saying the new Matrix movie would premiere on HBO simultaneously. I know the Denis Villeneuve has been fighting to have Dune premiere only in theaters, as opposed to on HBO as well like they announced earlier this year.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Since I’m anal: the original movie had softgels/ gelcaps. This poster makes them shaped and shaded like two piece hard capsules, but still ultimately colored like the original translucent softgels.

Garbage. Just utter trash.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I thought I remembered them saying the new Matrix movie would premiere on HBO simultaneously. I know the Denis Villeneuve has been fighting to have Dune premiere only in theaters, as opposed to on HBO as well like they announced earlier this year.

It's still listed on the HBO Max homepage

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pascallion posted:

Since I’m anal: the original movie had softgels/ gelcaps. This poster makes them shaped and shaded like two piece hard capsules, but still ultimately colored like the original translucent softgels.

Pretty sure the original used literal DayQuil/NyQuil capsules

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pascallion posted:

Well, I did think it also made them look like buttons on an interface.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Pascallion posted:

These pills are present in one of the teasers on the site Neo seems to be taking Blue pills to stay in the Matrix so it's at least based on how SOMETHING looked

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't like this but I'll admit it's significantly better than what I would've assumed the poster would be for this movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If I hadn't seen the teaser clips, I'd have really disliked that poster as a lazy minimalist throwback. But because the actual film seems to be focusing on the pills a whole lot more than the first one did, it seems perfectly fitting.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also something I can't believe took me this long to connect...

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

feedmyleg posted:

Also something I can't believe took me this long to connect...

Just need to change the url at the bottom to say "whatisthisthingcalledakira.com" and it would be :discourse:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Actually it's the live action Dr. Mario.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Cool profile of Joseph Caroff: https://www.printmag.com/post/the-daily-heller-the-most-prolific-designer-you-ve-never-known

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

shouldve let whoever does studio triggers posters design it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a solid concept but the photoshopping could be a lot better in places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

scary ghost dog posted:

shouldve let whoever does studio triggers posters design it

The issue is that the Star Wars thing is an anthology, so there's no internal logic dictating character placement. In that Promare poster you've got Galo Thymos front and center because he's the protagonist. He's surrounded by the other member of Burning Rescue. Lio Fotia is the Deuteragonist so he gets major placement in the poster, but since he is not aligned with Galo for the bulk of the movie he's on his own separate plane. Vulcan Hastus is the major recurring muscle, so he gets prominent placement but still smaller than Lio and Burning Rescue. And of course over it all you've got Kray Foresight.

With the Star Wars thing they don't want to say that any given thing is the main character or more important than any other part. Which, I bet, is why they have that weird robot most prominently placed. I think that they were thinking he could anchor the whole design and be the main focal point, but since he has a robot face without eyes, your eye is drawn to the characters around him with human faces.

Anyway, here's another Promare poster