Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

drat the punchline page is such a simple gag im surprised it wasnt done before this

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Dragon In the Kitchen has been getting updated recently. The story being a woman finds an egg in the cabin she's staying in and out pops a weird lizard, spoilers its a dragon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Now that The ‘Dex is back up and it’s getting updates again, I may as well promo this one thing I’ve been reading that fits here.

It is Sore Wa Rei No Shiwaza Desu and it is a very cute and funny story about a boy, a girl, and a girl’s invisible ghost friend who also happens to be the world’s best cupid-slash-wingwoman.

I might should mention that Chapter 4 ends on a bit of a creepy note, but Chapter 5 makes up for it like a motherfucker with :hellyeah:STREET JUSTICE:hellyeah:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm really enjoying this, yeah. Cute and funny with a simple but clean and appealing art style.

Though sometime around chapter 20 the author apparently just really wanted to draw some girls bending over. lotta butt shots.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Considering that the author was previously well-known as a prominent h-artist, he's been on his best behavior (relatively speaking)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sadako is transparently the voice of the audience and I wouldn't have it any other way here.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New Kitsune Spirit.

...honestly I'm pretty much done with this. I can't stand the post-chapter page of the authors continuously complaining about the series anytime it's anything other than the main characters being lovey-dovey. It's like they want the series to be Senko-san but with an edgier looking fox.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Crasical posted:

New Kitsune Spirit.

...honestly I'm pretty much done with this. I can't stand the post-chapter page of the authors continuously complaining about the series anytime it's anything other than the main characters being lovey-dovey. It's like they want the series to be Senko-san but with an edgier looking fox.

It's really easy to ignore translator comments when they make it the last page. It'd be another thing if it was Kirie Scans reminding you of their sick mother in the middle of a chapter.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

It's really easy to ignore translator comments when they make it the last page. It'd be another thing if it was Kirie Scans reminding you of their sick mother in the middle of a chapter.

I actually understand the reason for that. It's so that other aggregate sites can't steal their work and pass it off as their own. At least that's my read on it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Useless Ponko

:same:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This Village Sim NPC Could Only Be Human has been great if not the slowest burn I've ever seen. The penultimate chapter released as of now ended with an absolutely sick image though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another chapter of Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances and I was Horn sensei not too long ago myself

No looking forward to Terror V-tuber attacking through the internet though. I'm guessing we're going to be getting some kind of Ring scenario where watching a performance leads to death

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EDIT: Nevermind.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

No looking forward to Terror V-tuber attacking through the internet though. I'm guessing we're going to be getting some kind of Ring scenario where watching a performance leads to death

Could also be that she's going to get turned into a vtuber. Nijisanjification ghost

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mieruko-chan 37

Looks like the price for accepting the “god”’s help is becoming one of its shrine maidens.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Mieruko-chan 37

Looks like the price for accepting the “god”’s help is becoming one of its shrine maidens.

Man, Romm really just drew the short straw as opposed to Mierko who had the common sense to ignore the spiritual stuff she encounters on a general basis.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 107

I'm not sure how wild I was expecting this backstory to be but Kate being born from a 50 year pregnancy from a shadow/human fusion is certainly up there

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I don't think the pregnancy took fifty years, I think it's Kate who is fifty years old. Unless the current Kate is a descendant of this one.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a magic 50 year pregnancy. The maid is young and has dark hair when they first start living in the abandoned house and when Kate is born she has gray hair and says she raised Kate as her granddaughter.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
just read all of Shadow House. It's a good manga. Does anybody have any recommendations of manga that has a similar level of intrigue and mystery, preferably one that's finished?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Have you read the authors previous work, Kuro?

The Girl from the Other Side is good. The final volume is out in November.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

sinky posted:

I’ll look into The Girl from the Other Side. Kuro is missing a lot of chapters on mangadex, does any scanlation team have it?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Mangakakalot might have it, since they rip from other sites and never remove them.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Man, Romm really just drew the short straw as opposed to Mierko who had the common sense to ignore the spiritual stuff she encounters on a general basis.
It's interesting that ignoring it works so well, at least when she's not up against a creature who apparently uses some form of hypnosis as a hard counter against the pretend-to-see-nothing strategy. Since even the shrine god apparently feels the need to get her to acknowledge it somehow, I think it might actually be a fundamental metaphysical rule in this setting that the ghosts (or whatever they are) can only interact with a living person if that person unambiguously takes the first step, similar to how in some tales vampires can only enter a house when they're invited in. Which makes it so important that by sincerely praying at the shrine, Mieruko did something that can be construed as acknowledging the existence of the shrine god.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

thetoughestbean posted:

just read all of Shadow House. It's a good manga. Does anybody have any recommendations of manga that has a similar level of intrigue and mystery, preferably one that's finished?

If you don't mind much more real-world settings, then maybe something by Naoki Urasawa? Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Billy Bat are all excellent and have a lot of unfolding layers of mystery and intrigue.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

The most powerful tortures are the ones you dont do.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
A most terrible fate...

x

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

sinky posted:

I have now read all of Kuro and own the first volume of The Girl from the Other Side

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I always like the tiny crown princess wears in her casual outfits.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 108

Hope she left a note for poor Grandma.

Doctor Isosceles
Oct 18, 2012

New Flying Witch

Stop making Makoto cry Miko.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Flying Witch is so great, nothing like a manga that can make a super creepy skeleton spirit into a wholesome gag

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's so cute!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Mysteriese, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances

And Japan is a master at creating unwinnable horror scenarios and I'm interested how you fight the loving internet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New Torture Princess with an old friend.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

And Japan is a master at creating unwinnable horror scenarios and I'm interested how you fight the loving internet.

DMCA's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

New Mysteriese, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances

The same as In/Spectre in a really dull and drawn out way