Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

High’s in the 60s today, multiple days of rain coming in a week. Autumn’s a-knockin’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

graph posted:

leylah "loving" fernandez

i cannot believe raducanu buzzsawed thru sakkari in like 70 minutes wtf
i was pretty sure raducanu was gonna be a one-hit wonder at wimbledon and it rules a lot that i was dead wrong

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
had the worst teeth falling out dream ever last night. gently caress that was bad I had to get out of bed for awhile

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

leylah "loving" fernandez

also she's unranked and took out the 2, 3, 5, and 7 seeds and a former number 1

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

High’s in the 60s today, multiple days of rain coming in a week. Autumn’s a-knockin’

FINALLY 70 yesterday and today then back to loving 80s the weekend and next week. couple more weeks to go :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ill take djokovic over tom brady if we're talkin about terrible people who are too good at sports

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

ill take djokovic over tom brady if we're talkin about terrible people who are too good at sports

never count out touchdown tom imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fart simpson posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

djoko is such a motherfucker, at the australian open this year some unranked kid got two sets on him and he was so mad he crosscourted every shot from then on and ran dude like a loving dog until he quit from exhaustion in the 4th set. never seen anything like it, ever

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

It's unreal, gently caress tom brady.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Brady had a pretty mediocre game last night. The bucs didn’t win so much as the refs ignored major penalties so they could finish their drive at the end. It was really blatant and soured a really good game up to that point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

djokovic isn’t a terrible person or anything he’s just not as good at pretending not to be a narcissistic rear end in a top hat as most elite sports folks are

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

The bucs didn’t win so much as the refs ignored major penalties so they could finish their drive at the end

the OPI no-call was such a loving obvious fix lol

what was the betting line ?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fortaleza posted:

lucky. it’s going to be hot and sunny here for a while. gently caress off, summer! gtfo.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

had the worst teeth falling out dream ever last night. gently caress that was bad I had to get out of bed for awhile

i'm glad i almost never remember my dreams

President Beep posted:

gently caress off, summer! gtfo.

:hmmyes:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm glad i almost never remember my dreams

had a bad one two days ago its still lingering

bad one this morning too but already forgot it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i loving hate summer

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hows that tennis player who keep blasting major dooks in the middle of games doing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

all my bad dreams are claustrophic. climbing ladders up and up into spaces that get too small to move, rooms where the ceiling keeps dropping until i get crushed under it, that kind of thing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jwep wrapped up in his blankets and foreverally loving it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tennis needs a modern McEnroe imo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what an intensely depressing article

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/10/raducanu-global-media-stardom-marketing-experts-tennis

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

i loving hate summer

^^

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

hows that tennis player who keep blasting major dooks in the middle of games doing

got outworked by an unranked kid in the 3rd round lol. made it to the quarters but got hurt, poor guy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

graph posted:

had a bad one two days ago its still lingering

bad one this morning too but already forgot it
I started taking prazosin for mine.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what is a dook in this context

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i will admit that i am glad summer is ending. there's been too many stressful things happening lately and the heat has not helped

ready too be stressed out and cold instead

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it's you're poasts!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

same as it is in other contexts

a player was taking like 10 minute bathroom breaks, literally always immediately after he lost a set. there was a bunch of suspicion that he was just using it as an excuse to take a bunch of time and compose himself while the other person is stuck out on court waiting for him to come back

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If I don't get tomatoes or peppers from my plants this year i'm going to cancel nature.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

same as it is in other contexts

a player was taking like 10 minute bathroom breaks, literally always immediately after he lost a set. there was a bunch of suspicion that he was just using it as an excuse to take a bunch of time and compose himself while the other person is stuck out on court waiting for him to come back

lmao what a champion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have more tomatoes than i can eat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If I don't get tomatoes or peppers from my plants this year i'm going to cancel nature.

good news

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

frost zapped our apple trees in the spring.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I extremely underestimated how many seeds would actually sprout so I had to move several plants to bigger pots. I bought a giant whiskey barrel pot for my tomatoes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canadian pride with Fernandez - she's all over the news here on every morning report. She's amazing!! But it sounds like her opponent is insane too! I might even watch tomorrow.

E: Also Felix Auger Aliassime for the mens who is also Canadian!! :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my stupid tomato plant only grew a single one

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my peppers are doing better, birds eye chili's are my most productive once again. those things are great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when is this golf thing over im looking forward to that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Canadian pride with Fernandez - she's all over the news here on every morning report. She's amazing!! But it sounds like her opponent is insane too! I might even watch tomorrow.

E: Also Felix Auger Aliassime for the mens who is also Canadian!! :)
canada has a lot of really good tennis players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fart simpson posted:

yeah its neat. also different is the king or "general" cant leave the 3x3 box that forms his palace, except if he's on an open file opposing the enemy general and then he can fly all the way across the board to checkmate the enemy general. there are 2 queens called "guards" but they can only move diagonally within the palace and cant leave it. the bishops are called "elephants" and work similarly with the biggest difference being they can't cross the "river" which is the center line in the board, and they also move exactly 2 spaces at a time. the rooks are called "chariots" and they work 100% the same as a rook. theres only 5 pawns and they dont capture diagonally, but instead once they cross the river they can move left or right in addition to moving forward. the pawns also don't promote into better pieces.

other than all of that, it's the exact same game

chess figure names in russian:
king - king
queen - vizier
bishop - elephant
knight - horse
rook - shallop
pawn - pawn