Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i loving love vectrexes

i can't remember if it was ces or e3 one year (probably the latter) but there was a section reserved for a giant retro gaming exhibit and they had a bunch of vectrexes set up for play. they looked awesome and because of the vector nature looked totally legit as a playable game, by which i mean you could convincingly make an argument for making new games in this style today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my ridiculous daydream of what to do when i win the powerball involves reopening a factory to make vector crts and manufacturing and selling replica vectrex systems and tempest arcade games (and losing $50 million in the process)

e: image tax

FMguru fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 10, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Vector graphics were King when I was a kid in the local arcade, sure the other games might have lots of colors, but the sight of a cocktail ASTEROIDS cab cranked up to full brightness and the ship shots leaving a fading phosphor trail across the screen, :discourse:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Vector graphics were King when I was a kid in the local arcade, sure the other games might have lots of colors, but the sight of a cocktail ASTEROIDS cab cranked up to full brightness and the ship shots leaving a fading phosphor trail across the screen, :discourse:

sit down star wars arcade game at chuck e cheese lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

even the mediocre later atari vector games (gravitar, black widow, space duel, major havoc, etc) still had that a e s t h e t i c that raster games couldnt touch

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

my ridiculous daydream of what to do when i win the powerball involves reopening a factory to make vector crts and manufacturing and selling replica vectrex systems and tempest arcade games (and losing $50 million in the process)

e: image tax

Idk why you'd make replicas. The games looked really cool but actually sucked to play.

However I would like to see what could be pulled off with a vector graphics display and a modern graphics card.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Give me an OG Tempest or Asteroids anyday.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
To be fair, the shut off the lights button was probably a requirement for the project because a signatory party was worried "what if it sucks"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this one was my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hb9UJBs9k

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

RokosCockatrice posted:

To be fair, the shut off the lights button was probably a requirement for the project because a signatory party was worried "what if it sucks"
wish your posts had a signatory party 😕

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/G19B7lTgwCE

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus christ

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sarcastx posted:

a local radio station was auctioning off some old equipment, I picked up this MD recorder & a bunch of discs:

aaaaaaggg thats what we used to play the underwriting with at the station, i havent thought about this thing in years

the ams knob has some excellent knobfeel

Agile Vector posted:

i also played chrono cross with bleem!

i tried for weeks to try and play xenogears with it to no avail. i never got psx emu working on my mac, ever, with any product

President Beep posted:

and if a car oblivious,
crashes into us,
to ride by your side,
is such a heavenly way to ride.

and if some tesla gently caress,
hits our bigass bus,
to ride by your side, oh the pleasure the privilege is mine.

beep

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/Muffin_Chips/status/1436332957728485377

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/capybarahp/status/1436283319751168015

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i dont want to burst anyones bubble but i pet a capybara once and the fur was very very wiry, not cuddly at all.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

wish your posts had a signatory party 😕

Idk what you're talking about, I sign my bad posts all the time

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it was like petting a door mat

i still enjoyed it would pet again

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

capybaaabies

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

rotor posted:

i dont want to burst anyones bubble but i pet a capybara once and the fur was very very wiry, not cuddly at all.

I wouldn’t want a capybara to pet or cuddle, I’d want one around in the hopes their powerful vibes were contagious

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ADINSX posted:

I wouldn’t want a capybara to pet or cuddle, I’d want one around in the hopes their powerful vibes were contagious

idk how you look at a capybara w/o wanting to pet or cuddle it but yeah they give off intensely good energy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1417484510703366153

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

silence

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
That elephant looks way too excited to stick his trunk in someone's rear end

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
Microsoft suggests those divisive Windows 11 system specs deliver a 99.8% crash-free experience

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:lmao:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I've had laptops lock up because of bad ram or gnome fail in a funny way due to a wonky sleep/multimonitor setup, but I've never had Linux just crash

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

RokosCockatrice posted:

I've had laptops lock up because of bad ram or gnome fail in a funny way due to a wonky sleep/multimonitor setup, but I've never had Linux just crash

yeah, i too have had linux systems fail to function in a way that prevented me from doing my work, but as ive never seen them print the funny ascii art kernel panic screen i still judge them 100% non-crashing!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

RokosCockatrice posted:

thats because it doesnt run any games.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

capybaaabies

copiesbara

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

:monocle:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bobmarleysghost posted:

it was in production for only 2 years, 1982-1984, and it's now selling for ~$500 on ebay
dang. I got one like 10 years ago with 5-6 games off ebay for like $75. got rid of it a few years ago because i was just clearing out poo poo from my place. oh well.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

saw a good tweet the other day that was like

ea-nasir: i want my name to live forever
satan: i gotchu fam

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh i should post this over here too

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i loved that late 80s primitive 3d - just fun as hell. i thought i was living in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhbEAR1noE

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

be vewwy qwiet I'm hunting Ellies