Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yea we fancy like apple beeees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BBT with spoilers

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1436525184836685826?s=20

Also, the Chairman is shootin'!

https://twitter.com/ShawnSpears/status/1436526635172368393?s=20

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think Andrade did the coolest split-legged moonsault in the history of that move, and I'm tempted to include Starship Pain in that

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

yea ok posted:

Yea we fancy like apple beeees

"Fancy like applebees" would be a terrific burn on someone

You could really hury Iggy Azalea's feelings with that one

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TriffTshngo posted:

I think Andrade did the coolest split-legged moonsault in the history of that move, and I'm tempted to include Starship Pain in that
that was smoother than even the good starship pains

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spears gonna feud with every Sammy in the company

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

It was so drat fast.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TriffTshngo posted:

The secret is that you gotta be Tranquilo.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Coaaab posted:

that was smoother than even the good starship pains

For how fast it was, it shouldn't look that fluid.

It's like, if a wrestling move could trigger the uncanny valley effect.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if I could stand the endless milliseconds between new content :smith:

Scratch this I would air The Equalizer between AEW shows.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FakePoet posted:

He just straight dropped down onto the ropes for it. So cool (but probably freaking painful lol)

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

FakePoet posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Scratch this I would air The Equalizer between AEW shows.

which version though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
AEW had two shows in Cincinnati both headlined and won by local men in their hometown.

WWE cut Zelina Vega's match, whose father died in the twin towers, from the 9/11 memorial SmackDown for time.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if I could stand the endless milliseconds between new content :smith:

1989 - 2005, with 1995 as a brief respite.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

which version though

The theatrical cut gently caress the sponsors the key demo wants swear words.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

El Generico posted:

"Fancy like applebees" would be a terrific burn on someone

You could really hury Iggy Azalea's feelings with that one

I looked it up and apparently it's a TikTok song that Applebee's decided to use for commercials, and the lyrics are sung from the perspective of a guy who usually takes his girl to Wendy's but when he gets paid then he gets all "fancy" and takes her to Applebee's. So it's basically a self-own in song format from start to finish

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I know they hired him to do other stuff as well, but if AEW had signed Mark Henry to only do the pre-main event interviews, it was best drat decision.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I looked it up and apparently it's a TikTok song that Applebee's decided to use for commercials, and the lyrics are sung from the perspective of a guy who usually takes his girl to Wendy's but when he gets paid then he gets all "fancy" and takes her to Applebee's. So it's basically a self-own in song format from start to finish

I believe the genre of music is called hick-hop

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
It reminds me of the time I asked a lady out on a date and there was a nice bistro/pub-style place I wanted to check out, so I asked her where she wanted to go over text and she replied "apple bee's". I ended up talking her into going to the other place instead, but the lack of fanciness I showed on that date night has shamed me forever more :smith:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Applebees is consisently the worst restaurant I've been to. If you wanna go upscale in the sticks its gotta be like Outback or Texas Roadhoase. Poser tiktok.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
for some reason I went to Applebee's on the way out of Asheville once. Maybe it was TGI Friday's

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really enjoyed the Andrade/PAC match (as did everyone). Obviously PAC is great, but Andrade really impressed me a lot—I am actively looking forward to seeing more of his matches going forwards. I know some people are down on the finish, but I liked it.

The number one rule of fantasy booking AEW seems to be Tony Khan is better at this than you are”, so I’m sure they could have made any result work, but it feels like a situation where booking a clean win either way causes problems.

If Andrade loses clean, I think that shoves him down the card fairly badly, because it sort of makes him look stupid. You can take losses in AEW without losing all your momentum, but that kind of requires an established record which Andrade doesn’t have yet. Even a really close match like we got would only really go so far. And O think he wouldn’t have a clear direction after that.

If PAC loses, that hurts Death Triangle, and dammit Death Triangle deserves some time to be Death Triangle uninterrupted by outside factors. And I feel like beating PAC clean is reserved for top main eventers, and it absolutely is not time to push Andrade to that level.

The interference finish lets you turn Andrade face, set up a rematch that Andrade can more safely lose now that we’ve seen it go the other way, and gives some good Death Triangle time (Lucia Bros being face but holding off the refs because gently caress you Chavo is great).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also don't eat at restaurant chains support local food cultures.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

that's loving amazing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So if Chavo doesn't grovel his way back into being Andrade's advisor, does Andrade bring in Ric Flair to replace him?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

also don't eat at restaurant chains support local food cultures.

Ever see the stuff on the walls at Applebee’s? It’s all local sports teams, cultural landmarks, etc

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Ever see the stuff on the walls at Applebee’s? It’s all local sports teams, cultural landmarks, etc

It's the Booker T CM Punk promo of restaurants.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really enjoyed the Andrade/PAC match (as did everyone). Obviously PAC is great, but Andrade really impressed me a lot—I am actively looking forward to seeing more of his matches going forwards. I know some people are down on the finish, but I liked it.

The number one rule of fantasy booking AEW seems to be Tony Khan is better at this than you are”, so I’m sure they could have made any result work, but it feels like a situation where booking a clean win either way causes problems.

If Andrade loses clean, I think that shoves him down the card fairly badly, because it sort of makes him look stupid. You can take losses in AEW without losing all your momentum, but that kind of requires an established record which Andrade doesn’t have yet. Even a really close match like we got would only really go so far. And O think he wouldn’t have a clear direction after that.

If PAC loses, that hurts Death Triangle, and dammit Death Triangle deserves some time to be Death Triangle uninterrupted by outside factors. And I feel like beating PAC clean is reserved for top main eventers, and it absolutely is not time to push Andrade to that level.

The interference finish lets you turn Andrade face, set up a rematch that Andrade can more safely lose now that we’ve seen it go the other way, and gives some good Death Triangle time (Lucia Bros being face but holding off the refs because gently caress you Chavo is great).

It's one of those fortunate situations for me because I would have been infuriated if this happened on the PPV, but it being forced to TV and the whole "Chavo hosed with PAC's travel, Andrade wants to fight him" segment set this up perfectly without drawing stuff out. Sure it's a gently caress finish but it's a gently caress finish at the start of free TV that shows Andrade is a sleazeball but a competitive one and PAC is a bastard with honour. They had a killer match and everyone walked away looking good.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sydney Bottocks posted:

horse paste consumer

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I do not get why people go to chain sit-down restaurants

At least fast food is cheap but chain sit-downs are consistently worse than local sit-downs in every way

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DarkHorse0412/status/1436511149751734277

Book it Tony

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony sign more freelance Luchadors to wear suits and do flips.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the one in my town is just random photos of poo poo that never happened. At least the local chinese places have posters up for local wrestling.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Lid posted:

AEW had two shows in Cincinnati both headlined and won by local men in their hometown.

WWE cut Zelina Vega's match, whose father died in the twin towers, from the 9/11 memorial SmackDown for time.

:911:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

for people who want the full tnt experience just watch this like 6 times in a row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7hawTDmJk

thank god for Fite tv

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

El Generico posted:

At least fast food is cheap but chain sit-downs are consistently worse than local sit-downs in every way

For a lot of folks it's more due to upbringing and Samefoods. Get raised on chain sit downs they become a reliable go to when you can't think of anything specific with what the brain connects as comfort food.

That's not to say folks shouldn't go local, but folks stick with what makes them feel safe.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chain restaurants are fine when you want something that you know and are used to. If you're like, out of town or something you don't want to risk going to a local place you don't know or haven't heard of and not liking the food, y'know?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

for people who want the full tnt experience just watch this like 6 times in a row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7hawTDmJk

I want an Oreo shake now.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

El Generico posted:

At least for NBA players, it comes down to portions, menu size, and consistency of food quality across locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dynamite kicks rear end
rampage kicks rear end
elevation kicks rear end
aew dark kicks rear end
TNT kicks rear end
fite can SUCK IT!!!