Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

I'm not sure what I can say honestly

But I do have

Opinions

The main Opinion is that Rindou is good, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm glad that the ancient poll of "what show are you excited for?" at the top of every page has shown our relative excitement for Fena was worth the wait :unsmith: even if that Uzumaki option :smith:

they should just replay bebop some more i need something comforting and familar on the block in these trying times

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 5, 2021

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The Shame Boy posted:

I'm glad that the ancient poll of "what show are you excited for?" at the top of every page has shown our relative excitement for Fena was worth the wait :unsmith: even if that Uzumaki option :smith:

they should just replay bebop some more i need something comforting and familar on the block in these trying times

More Shippuden ? You got it! Itll be on until 2024

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.twitch.tv/dirttacoscuba

Starting up toonami game night

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Watch Netflix outbid CN for the rights to Bebop once the broadcast rights they have expire.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Watch Netflix outbid CN for the rights to Bebop once the broadcast rights they have expire.

I mean they're making their whole live-action Bebop thing, I'd say them gunning for getting the original anime is basically an inevitability.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Hulu currently has Cowboy Bebop but there are plenty of shows that aren't exclusive and do appear on both

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

death to Netflix

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
who cares

have some lupin
https://twitter.com/lupin_anime/status/1435045150401736704

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 7, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently Netflix is going to be releasing Stone Ocean in monthly batches of four episodes which means I could presumably show it once a week as it airs.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That's kinda weird but I suppose it's better than the "it'll be out all at once. When? Who knows!" way

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

That's kinda weird but I suppose it's better than the "it'll be out all at once. When? Who knows!" way

I don't remember the name but they're doing another anime where it will be released weekly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently Netflix is going to be releasing Stone Ocean in monthly batches of four episodes which means I could presumably show it once a week as it airs.

Assuming it's dubbed immediately, anyway

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Have they announced whether Super is going to repeat or if it will be replaced yet?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mraagvpeine posted:

Have they announced whether Super is going to repeat or if it will be replaced yet?
Just assume Super is gonna repeat until they explicitly say otherwise

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Mraagvpeine posted:

Then
Now
Forever

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If they do replace it, they'll prob announce it during the week. This weeks toonami is the last episode

I don't know what they could repeat thoug

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fit em all up in there posted:

If they do replace it, they'll prob announce it during the week. This weeks toonami is the last episode

I don't know what they could repeat thoug

Kai

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what is the next show that is ending? And I guess the question is what is going to replace it. Demon Slayer is starting up soon but I don't know if they're going to be able to get that quick.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

So what is the next show that is ending? And I guess the question is what is going to replace it. Demon Slayer is starting up soon but I don't know if they're going to be able to get that quick.

Super ends tonight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The closest non-rerun is Black Clover I think.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

fit em all up in there posted:

Fena: 3 Episodes aired-Unknown amount left.
MHA:21 episodes(so far)16 episodes aired- Ends September 29th (estimated)
Food Wars S4:12 episodes total- 1 episode aired-Ends November 7th
Black Clover S4:14 episodes total-Nine aired-Ends November 7 (and so does Black Clover.)
Naurto Ship- S16-13 episodes total- Six aired-Ends June 16th...2024 (500 episodes total)
Dr.Stone-S2-11 episodes total- None aired-Ends November 20th(rerun)
DBZ Super-131 episodes total-128 aired-three episode left-Ends September 12th

Stone is replacing AOT reruns.

Forgot yashahime, it ends in December. Dont remember the date.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well they've said that Blade Runner is coming before the end of the year so I guess you can it's coming in November after Food Wars and BC end.

...of course then again they said Uzumaki was coming this year too so who knows if BR is legit gonna be this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not like super up on new anime so what does everyone think would be a good fit for Toonami?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dynazenon is too obvious, I'll say Deca-Dence because watching people get into to that show would be pretty great.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Other half of Assassination Classroom would be kinda nice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised Toonami hasn't tried to get JJK because that seems right up their alley. Although it will have a similar problem where important story stuff is going to go down in a movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JJK is fun and would be a good fit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'm not like super up on new anime so what does everyone think would be a good fit for Toonami?

Well, there was a sequel of sorts to Gridman in Dynazenon, and Nomad for Megalobox, so those are obvious. But for a non-sequel, Odd Taxi is really good. Probably wouldn't get great ratings, since it's less action and more grounded, but it's probably the best anime this year. (At least, so far.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As of right now the only non Toonami anime I'm watching is To Your Eternity. Which is really good but kind of a downer.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

As of right now the only non Toonami anime I'm watching is To Your Eternity. Which is really good but kind of a downer.

Same, though I finished it up. As cool as it would be on Toonami, it feels like it might not be... I dunno, shonen-y enough for them. But they've aired Paranoia Agent before, so I could see them doing Odd Taxi. In all honesty though, it's probably JJK.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just remembered that 86 would probably be a good fit. Mechs, murder, melodrama. All three of the big Ms.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

oops

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Hello

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

I'm not sure I can bring myself to chant for Drifters anymore

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Fena: Pirate Princess - While searching French rock quarries for the source of the Prism Slab, we found the secret lost tomb of Joan of Arc! And then there was some fuckin' Indiana Jones-poo poo in the tomb that gave us the coordinates for El Dorado! But then suddenly Captain Scarlett and the Flying Circus busted in and kidnapped Fena, and stole the coordinates, and collapsed the tomb entrance with the rest of the crew still inside!

My Hero Academia - Some creepy-rear end lunatic with a death wish and a Dickhead Dad obsession kidnapped Hot Coldman's brother, but then we saved him so whatever. I guess the big takeaway is that Dickhead is maybe starting to realize that the family he abused isn't obligated to forgive his rear end and maybe the only "right" thing to do is to gently caress off and leave them alone forever.

Yashahime - In 2005, renegade Special Forces unit FOXHOUND seizes control of a nuclear weapons disposal facility on Shadow Moses Island near Alaska. FOXHOUND threatens to utilize the prototype Metal Gear REX unit undergoing proving trials on the island if the remains of Big Boss are not delivered to them within 24 hours. To combat this threat, Col. Roy Cambell enlists the talents of legendary opera- wait, hang on, I think I looked up the wrong "Twin Snakes" on google.

Food Wars - Kuga gets his rear end kicked, and we go 0-3 in Round 2. Round 3 will be Soma, Takumi, and Megumi VS Bad Catgirl and two other nazis who I can't immediately remember.

Black Clover Episode 164: Waltz for Skullcrusher Mountain - Dietrich's pursuit of a renegade Knight of the Vale leads him to a confrontation with a figure from his past.

It has been 37 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argus Zant posted:

I guess the big takeaway is that Dickhead is maybe starting to realize that the family he abused isn't obligated to forgive his rear end

He's known this from the get-go, it's been like half his dialogue this arc.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
LAST TIME ON Fena: Pirate Princess - Fena is just going to be constantly kidnapped and rescued huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcgT0EtdnE

LAST TIME ON My Hero Academia - your superpower is the ability to control white lines and you think you can be a big bad supervillain?

LAST TIME ON Yashahime - Wait are these all Inuyasha stories that didn't make it into the original tv series?

LAST TIME ON Food Wars - We meant to lose, it was part of our plan the whole time

LAST TIME ON Black Clover - wait is charmy just a regular adult woman who was drawn like a tiny dwarf all this time because comedy?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 12, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah the situation with Charmy is a little weird because it is unclear if people see the joke version of her. We do know there is a difference in appearance between normal Charmy and dwarf magic Charmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
You damaged the moichandize, you maroon!