Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is the english version of melty blood type lumina digital only? I can't seem to find anywhere to preorder a physical copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yes, digital only

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I feel like melty is gonna be steam or bust, the whole playerbase is pc for 2 decades or however long.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Real hurthling! posted:

I feel like melty is gonna be steam or bust, the whole playerbase is pc for 2 decades or however long.

True but how many of those people will gladly jump ship to a console when given the option?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Honestly most of my play time for Melty was on PS2 once I went through the story, just because the PS2 pad was a lot better than the Logitech pad I had for PC.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's honestly pretty rad seeing rollback become less and less of a feature, and more of a standard. It's finally happening.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

A worldwide pandemic really rubs it in people's faces how badly a poor netcode can wreck a game. :v:

Like man, Granblue probably got some of the worst of it too, releases with bad online and then the virus happens right after and that's all you're left with.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 12, 2021

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Now that the general unwashed masses have seen the true face of rollback netcode in Strive, good loving luck to any future fighting game that tries to shove that genie back into the bottle.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is Lumina going to have GGPO?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Reiley posted:

Is Lumina going to have GGPO?

in-house rollback, i think. the guy who programmed CCCaster made a post in 2014 about being hired by the Melty Blood team and then went radio silent for years, maybe this is the culmination of that?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

in-house rollback, i think. the guy who programmed CCCaster made a post in 2014 about being hired by the Melty Blood team and then went radio silent for years, maybe this is the culmination of that?

Good. I'm more excited about this game by the day.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
TIL Roa has a full name and that said full name is partly where "Honest Mids Michael" comes from

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 12, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i like how 75% of the GG cast has first and last names and then there's just. May.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

b_d posted:

i like how 75% of the GG cast has first and last names and then there's just. May.

She was an orphan and when she was adopted by her pirate family she assumed a thematic pseudonym. Her given name is lost to time but it is a testament to the truth that we can choose our own names and who our families are.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
...yeah idk what that guy is talking about, Johnny is just a pervert with a calendar fetish

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Reiley posted:

She was an orphan and when she was adopted by her pirate family she assumed a thematic pseudonym. Her given name is lost to time but it is a testament to the truth that we can choose our own names and who our families are.

wait may is testament?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Dias posted:

wait may is testament?

His name is actually Testa Ment tho

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Every time I remember that Guilty Gear takes place on earth, just in the future, I giggle a lot. Just all this crazy nonsense and they expect me to believe that like, the united states exists here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Glagha posted:

Every time I remember that Guilty Gear takes place on earth, just in the future, I giggle a lot. Just all this crazy nonsense and they expect me to believe that like, the united states exists here

look it's not complicated god tried to kill everyone through their electronics so magic was invented and everything naturally flows from there

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Was it possible to cancel clashes into other attacks in Xrd as well?
It's infuriating how meatying people that wake up DP with something like Nago's 5H turn situation neutral instead of punishing the DPer.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah that's been a feature of clashes since at least XX as far as i know.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

b_d posted:

yeah that's been a feature of clashes since at least XX as far as i know.

It's strange, I don't remember being annoyed at that in Xrd.

EDIT: OOOOH nevermind, that is why I thought that Faust's j2K had two hits for the longest time. My anti-air would clash with it and since my friend was mashing on it, he'd cancel the clash into another j2K and hit me with it and I never realized what was actually happening.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 12, 2021

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Jack Trades posted:

Was it possible to cancel clashes into other attacks in Xrd as well?
It's infuriating how meatying people that wake up DP with something like Nago's 5H turn situation neutral instead of punishing the DPer.

just double/tripple tap the button and you'll auto cancel if you clash into the same button again & almost assuredly win vs whatever they try to throw out

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

meaty garuda impact from the right distance clashes with a lot of reversals so it's easy for me to cancel into FD and punish. eventually the people i fight will catch onto this and be ready to cancel into something as well but i'm enjoying it while i can.

except for goldlewis. i haven't looked at his super's hitbox but it must be way out there because it beats garuda clean 100% of the time. maybe if i did it really far away it would clash but i don't think they would try to wake up super from that far.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

b_d posted:

meaty garuda impact from the right distance clashes with a lot of reversals so it's easy for me to cancel into FD and punish. eventually the people i fight will catch onto this and be ready to cancel into something as well but i'm enjoying it while i can.

Be aware that if you get your garuda REALLY meaty and land it so only the tail 5 or so frames of garuda hit you can make it not clash with anything. I haven't gotten that down but if you have enough time to set it up it's a good thing to learn to do

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
spooby cosplaying as axl low today
https://twitter.com/teamspooky/status/1437118511265062921?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm watching Max play this game on stream right now and it looks loving awesome lol.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

teagone posted:

I'm watching Max play this game on stream right now and it looks loving awesome lol.

After the Imposter kills off everyone else, this is what happens. If there are two imposters it becomes a 2-v-1. If one's a ghost they can provide passives in the fight to help their partner.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/Fightcade/status/1437359416228057094

Should be standard feature in every fighting game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Good start but they should also have “do not allow anyone who is better than you to challenge you” also.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Good start but they should also have “do not allow anyone who is better than you to challenge you” also.

They have that already, it's even activated with a handy hotkey combination. Alt+f4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightcade/status/1437359416228057094

Should be standard feature in every fighting game.
i dont think it should be if only because i dont think capcom will ever put a 'this game is a useless brick if youre on wifi' warning on the back of street fighter 6

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You unlock Wired Only matchmaking by beating arcade mode on Very Hard 7 times as Boxer

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

i dont think it should be if only because i dont think capcom will ever put a 'this game is a useless brick if youre on wifi' warning on the back of street fighter 6

It shouldn't be the standard because Capcom won't do it?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I mean assuming half the player base is on wifi, that’s still one half playing within their half. If wifi is totally fine like those people claim, then it shouldn’t even be a problem then!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

no i mean if they do it they should warn people

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jack Trades posted:

Nobody is going to do it

Cutting off your game's accessibility for a big chunk of your audience is a bad business move

e: oh I misread what the option actually does

still not going to be a thing though

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Nobody is going to do it

Cutting off your game's accessibility for a big chunk of your audience is a bad business move

Giving people the option to filter connection types is cutting off accessibility as much as Quake displaying everyone’s ping cuts off accessibility.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
if we can have vaccine mandates we can have ethernet mandates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
cyber akuma costume coming to sfv

https://youtu.be/LI6Jlp9Paio