Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I am curious what the machines are up to outside the Matrix. Has this become their purpose? All of them just security guards like Smith, stuck in this prison to keep the inmates from revolting? Or has the destruction of the planet been so bad that this is a comfortable existence in comparison?

Also, highly recommend Malignant as a blind watch. The reveal in the last third and the follow through is loving wildly insane and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Machines are not inherently bad in the Matrix multiverse. Agents are virii, according to canon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Now I wanna see a machine who logs into the Matrix like a MMO to roleplay as a human.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 22 hours!)

Agents are just white blood cells basically, autonomous units that do their thing without machine oversight. Agent Smith is a cancerous cell that is destroying everything. The Machines ask neo, a virus, to kill the cancer to save the system.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I missed star wars chat by a couple of pages I think but of course the disney movies are bad - it's by design so they can cash in on the rerelease/directors cuts in a few years

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CouchNish/status/1436104144801067033

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

baby yoda eat the eggs grapes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That is the second best Owlkitty video. The best is "Purr Fiction"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7G1yjDfwL4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now I wanna see a machine who logs into the Matrix like a MMO to roleplay as a human.

there's an anime about this it's good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Knight posted:

I am curious what the machines are up to outside the Matrix. Has this become their purpose? All of them just security guards like Smith, stuck in this prison to keep the inmates from revolting? Or has the destruction of the planet been so bad that this is a comfortable existence in comparison?

why would any of them be outside the matrix. they’re baking cakes to make hotties cum what else even is there

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Knight posted:

They just go to work every day like people do

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They just go to work every day like people do

Omega Doom is an underrated movie

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

i say swears online posted:

I like how in '99 our collective reaction to Keanu getting cast as neo was "...really? him?"

our peoples once knew of the himbo, but even in our blindness, still he walked amongst us

Serf
May 5, 2011

Judakel posted:

malignant is so much fun if you go in blind

thanks for the tip. i did this and was not disappointed.

do not read this, seriously, if you have not seen "malignant" but are interested in a james wan horror movie. never thought anyone would remake "basket case" but god drat james wan did it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

for the last eighteen months there’s been ten Star Wars series in production and/or airing for Disney TV On The Internet. what happened to this lid

Theres the mandalorian and a bunch of cartoons. What else is airing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
where’d those goalposts go

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Serf posted:

thanks for the tip. i did this and was not disappointed.

do not read this, seriously, if you have not seen "malignant" but are interested in a james wan horror movie. never thought anyone would remake "basket case" but god drat james wan did it

I didn’t want to see it UNTIL I read the spoiler FYI. Christ I miss Larry Cohen.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

indigi posted:

for the last eighteen months there’s been ten Star Wars series in production and/or airing for Disney TV On The Internet. what happened to this lid

They realized it wasn't sustainable to keep churning out movies before they went to poo poo, and right then Mandalorian was a huge hit more or less on accident so they threw all their money at TV shows

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Remulak posted:

I didn’t want to see it UNTIL I read the spoiler FYI. Christ I miss Larry Cohen.

Larry Cohen rules but that one was Frank Henenlotter, who also rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Paramount is being restructured. Rip

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh no not my faves like uhhh all the new star trek shows? eh no big loss

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

no activity is pretty funny... for 3 seasons until it turns into a cheap as hell animation that looks super grody

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Syncopation has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Mar 22, 2023

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Ahem.

Slight pause before the next post.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Guess what nobody gives a gently caress ABOUT!

THE MTV AWARDS!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I watched "Kate" on NetFlix over the weekend. It's got more than a little orientalist view of Japan, but some of the shots of Tokyo are gorgeous, and the fight cinematography is great. Would recommend.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god Malignant looooollllllll

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I watched "Kate" on NetFlix over the weekend. It's got more than a little orientalist view of Japan, but some of the shots of Tokyo are gorgeous, and the fight cinematography is great. Would recommend.

agreed. solid action flick for being headlined by Ramona Flowers

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i pray it kills current star trek

yeah nu trek is a cancer

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

oh my god Malignant looooollllllll

agreed the third act is bonkers

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/KathSy4/status/1437268149523533828

for context harry styles somehow won best choreography at the mtv video music awards

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

oh no not my faves like uhhh all the new star trek shows? eh no big loss

Don't get your hopes up, there will always be enough nerds to sustain some kind of Star Trek franchise no matter how bad it gets. Any property that lasts long enough for multiple generations to grow up with it will be very difficult to kill.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm probably going to say an unpopular thing, but I found Malignant super boring and not good at all.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Knight posted:

Also, highly recommend Malignant as a blind watch. The reveal in the last third and the follow through is loving wildly insane and fun.

Ah, I see you've read my Matrix 5 script where one of the robots decides to help the resistance because he just wants to be a dancer but he was built to be a poop harvester.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Being one of those robots is looking more and more like sweet deal.

The virtual world that all the humans are contained in would be a pretty entertaining reality tv show.
That or the robots probably have their own version of Trashy Wifu Phone games.

Did they ever give any numbers to how much energy the robots needrd to how many humans they have.
Wait. looked it up. https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/12249/how-many-people-are-in-the-matrix
6.5 billion people. Are plugged into the matrix.

If you're just stacking in a huge pillar, you can easily fit them all inside a small space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_iNRGac_uM

Stick all the humans in Texas
Then wait out the earth to stop being a mess, in a million years and use the sun.
maybe keep a couple humans as pets.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
have the federal government seize the Star Trek IP and then fund a few dozen simultaneously running series produced in various states

at least a handful of those will be decent, which is more than what we get out of current trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

If you're just stacking in a huge pillar, you can easily fit them all inside a small space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_iNRGac_uM

Stick all the humans in Texas
Then wait out the earth to stop being a mess, in a million years and use the sun.
maybe keep a couple humans as pets.

Do you want to live in The Night Land? Because this is how you get The Night Land.