Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Mae posted:

mcelroys would have voted for warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvh4AmdtZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_dCJ0Iy4M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I like seeing all the fan interpretations of what Zoox looks like :shobon:

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Is Travis McElroy more or less cringe than trying to start poo poo between two podcast threads on a paid membership message board? Jury is out

i’m surprised at how much i’m enjoying his character and specifically character voice on TAZ, i was definitely “oh man this could get old” when i first heard it but it’s still pretty funny

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Clint trying to seduce the clam was perfect.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

misadventurous posted:

Is Travis McElroy more or less cringe than trying to start poo poo between two podcast threads on a paid membership message board? Jury is out

both are less cringe than this post

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

‘Eyyyy, I’m cringin’ here!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

misadventurous posted:

i'm sure Wizard Master is just seething at this post

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Zero One posted:

Clint trying to seduce the clam was perfect.

It's his brand!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Cringe is just people being honest in their affections non-popular ways, and more often-than not it's harmless and perfectly fine.

It's very Travis McElory, and tbh most of the McElorys.

It's fine.

Holding off on Aethersea, but looking forward to it given the reviews I've seen so far!

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

misadventurous posted:

i’m surprised at how much i’m enjoying his character and specifically character voice on TAZ, i was definitely “oh man this could get old” when i first heard it but it’s still pretty funny

I've been playing a dipshit bard with a bad French accent in a D&D campaign for like four years and to my surprise, my party hasn't yet exiled me for the dumb accent.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I was surprised at Devo being a half-elf in this episode because no one's race was ever given? Do we even know if there are elves/dwarves/etc in this world? I didn't listen to the prologue but I checked the Reddit about this and no one there had any idea either.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
They play really fast and loose with what the D&D race/class templates mean in their setting. I think Zoox is using the Warforged rules maybe?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, they're just reskinning existing templates to make it easier to play the characters they want without having to come up with a bunch of new rules and mechanics

Like how Darryl Wilson the stay-at-home coach dad is actually a goliath barbarian

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Work of Fart is great

Justin leaves Griffin to die by Travis bit

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

change my name posted:

I was surprised at Devo being a half-elf in this episode because no one's race was ever given? Do we even know if there are elves/dwarves/etc in this world? I didn't listen to the prologue but I checked the Reddit about this and no one there had any idea either.

If there's half-elves, I think we can conclusively determine that there are at least 2 races and one of them are elves.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You might not always agree with Travis, but he is 100% right on this week's MBMBaM when he says that Carrie-Anne Moss hasn't aged a day since the original Matrix.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Why do they take their virtual events down after two weeks? If I wanna watch it six months from now that's still money in their pocket.

Fezziwig
Jun 7, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

Why do they take their virtual events down after two weeks? If I wanna watch it six months from now that's still money in their pocket.

No idea if this is their way of thinking, but by limiting the amount of time you can watch, it creates a sense of urgency. Makes you buy it now instead of waiting a few weeks and then forgetting about it and not buying it ever.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

grittyreboot posted:

I've seen the same thing with concerts, theater performances, etc., and I had a theory that it's about how the labor is classified -- like if they're just recording a live thing and selling it forever, then it's a TV show/movie, and you need to work with the film production unions, while a limited performance is a stage production, and you work with the stage unions. That's not based on any fact, just speculation.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I would have thought it's to retain at least some of the ephemerality of a live performance while still allowing anyone who's interested to watch it.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Shinjobi posted:

Work of Fart is great

Justin leaves Griffin to die by Travis bit

Travis has found his perfect bit, it reduces his older brother to wheezing justin mcelroy laughter and drives his younger brother out of his loving mind

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Organza Quiz posted:

I would have thought it's to retain at least some of the ephemerality of a live performance while still allowing anyone who's interested to watch it.

I imagine it will put a stop to people going,

"You gonna go to the show?"

"Nah Iit'll just be online later"

ie lazy people like me.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
every online podcast live show I've seen this year does the same thing. the Rude Tales ones get shunted to their pay-per-view Vimeo much later at a lower price, but everybody else's just seem to go away.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/09/travis-ci-flaw-exposed-secrets-for-thousands-of-open-source-projects/

Travis.....🤦🏻‍♂️

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
thank travis for travis('s extensive black hat security exploitation work)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

There’s a decent “open mouth” attack vector joke there but I can’t quite make it work.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Poor space ghost

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Warbird posted:

There’s a decent “open mouth” attack vector joke there but I can’t quite make it work.

Travis is man in the middlest attack

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Boom

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

He also has a few sock muppets

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Hey same goes for you. You could have groomed like 10 16 year olds.

I groomed several 8 to 14 year olds but only for about a week and then I decided Pet Center wasn't the right job for me. I have allergies.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obms-x-J6uA

DeepBlueInk is back with another Drawfee animated!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Shinjobi posted:

Poor space ghost
I wanna know where they came from, Griffin made it sound kinda like they were regular people who were in Ethersea water too long. Were there any other clues about that?

Also the reveal at the end was great. I am glad I listened to the world-creation episodes, because imo it's been super cool to see how that stuff gets integrated.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I wanna know where they came from, Griffin made it sound kinda like they were regular people who were in Ethersea water too long. Were there any other clues about that?

Also the reveal at the end was great. I am glad I listened to the world-creation episodes, because imo it's been super cool to see how that stuff gets integrated.

I assume they’re being digested inside of the clam

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Griffin, Russ, and Ron Funches is some fun Besties.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Stroop There It Is posted:

He outright said they're people who were in the ethersea water too long. Sounds like a group of pirates got stuck in there first and just kept pirating whoever else showed up and adding their ship to their base.

Ethersea continues to be really good. I actually don't mind Travis's dramatics for once because the character is coherent and integrated into the setting and also the characters did intentionally choose the mission that was the most relevant to his character so it's fine for him to get some moments.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

He outright said they're people who were in the ethersea water too long. Sounds like a group of pirates got stuck in there first and just kept pirating whoever else showed up and adding their ship to their base.

Ethersea continues to be really good. I actually don't mind Travis's dramatics for once because the character is coherent and integrated into the setting and also the characters did intentionally choose the mission that was the most relevant to his character so it's fine for him to get some moments.

really bumming out the folks who only watch this thread for travis drama

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

:hmmyes:

His character actually has some bite to it instead of just being the Goodest Boy. It's been the Devo show for a few episodes now but it's still been really good.

I love the character trait they discovered this week (based on Justin zoning out) that Amber is not paying attention at all to what's happening.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1440327727068815363

lmao further confirmation that justin did get very unironically into cologne and this character is his self-loathing over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
that owns, Justin is in full midlife crisis mode.