Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

flavor.flv posted:

I hadn't thought about borrowing games from the library, so I checked mine

They have a handful of ps4 games, and super paper mario for wii

that's a hell of a haul. they must have a true gamer making the selections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Diabetic posted:

So I want to get a Mario Party for the family, I know the Mario Party Superstars is coming in like a month, but, I have seen mixed to great reviews of Super Mario Party. Is Superstars going to be just amazing and don't bother with Super? Or is Super good to go right now and Superstars will just be another good game too?

Do you want to be forced to play with separate joycons for Mario Party, or would you rather have freedom with whatever controller you wanted to use?

For joycons, go Super. For wanting freedom go Superstars.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wario Ware gave a vocal track to a 'secret' character and I can't stop listening to it. It's very positive and cool

My only complaint about the game is that they didn't do that for every character. The way character unlocks should've gone during story mode is that you play only as that character for like 15 rounds plus a boss, and they have their own theme song and intro and outro cutscenes. Then when you go back and replay their levels, you play as a crew. And even have an endless mode where you can pick a character you've unlocked and just play through random stages from every character, with your character's respective theme song.

Okay one more complaint, 9-volt sucks and is horribly unfun to play as.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
First time starting Burnout Paradise: Oh hey, it's that song! Christ, this takes forever.

Second time starting Burnout Paradise: Oh, it's called Paradise City, that's a little on the nose, huh? This is starting to get annoying.

Third time starting Burnout Paradise: TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

First time starting Burnout Paradise: Oh hey, it's that song! Christ, this takes forever.

Second time starting Burnout Paradise: Oh, it's called Paradise City, that's a little on the nose, huh? This is starting to get annoying.

Third time starting Burnout Paradise: TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY

I’ve never been a huge fan of that song but this game made me straight up start hating it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

My only complaint about the game is that they didn't do that for every character. The way character unlocks should've gone during story mode is that you play only as that character for like 15 rounds plus a boss, and they have their own theme song and intro and outro cutscenes. Then when you go back and replay their levels, you play as a crew. And even have an endless mode where you can pick a character you've unlocked and just play through random stages from every character, with your character's respective theme song.

Okay one more complaint, 9-volt sucks and is horribly unfun to play as.

9 volt really really sucks. They managed to make the mini games work so well with so many different styles and he’s the one where most of them break

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm pretty sure that 9-Volt literally can not beat stages that involve spinning something. You can't throw the yo-yo fast enough.

vv I want to know their thought process for 9-Volt. It feels like he was the last character they decided on abilities for and they ran out of the good ones.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 12, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It feels like they made cricket early on and then the other characters got more powerful as they were running out of ideas

"Okay, Mona can fly around on her scooter"

"Wario can fly already"

"Okay, she can fly and shoot"

"Ashley can already do that"

"Okay, she can fly and shoot and control the projectile with the stick, we got anybody that can do that yet??"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/80snewsscreens/status/1435773724922458119?s=20

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Think you're a Nintendo junkie? Name the game on the screen in the background

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

All I can say is it looks like a sports game, I think I can make out the word "team" up top and the sprites below it look like they might be logos.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Couldn't wait for WarioWare after watching Gold streams a few years ago and can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

Usual arcadey stuff is incredible, but unlocks are really lacking. Lots of cool non-single player options during a pandemic and a only few minigames.

Presents stuff is not bad, but I wish every character would get their own 5 special skins instead of repeats of the usual ones.

People are talking about 9 Volt, but The Unlockable Character (you know the one) is the worst. Clearly, they were designed to be the hardest to control, and hoo boy every time they show up the I tense up for the next microgame.

Overall I really like the control system. Feels a bit like Wii WarioWare with its instructions for what to do during the next microgame, except not as spoilery.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

WarioWare Twisted needs all Warioware games to be on its level of becoming the gimmick so well it becomes a spirit animal. If WarioWare ever gets on VR....

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Then you change the soundtrack to be just Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.

HEY HEY YOU YOU *smashes into wall*

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
9 Volt is also the character for this weeks Wario Cup, I hope you like playing as him when the minigames are set to 200% speed.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

nachos posted:

It loving sucks and is a shame because the last dungeon seems to have a pretty cool concept. I just cannot find the motivation to slog through this garbage anymore. Probably done with this game

So I just did that first thing of the next three things I have to do. It was not a lot of fun, but I did it. And now....now they pull the let's take away all your stuff and do an instant-death stealth level where you have to get ALL YOUR STUFF back, without beeing detected

I'm bouncing back to "this game rocks because it pulls all the punches" but again I think I'll give up for the weekend. (and I hate complaining about games, but Skyward Sword is quite the thing...)

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

King Vidiot posted:

I'm pretty sure that 9-Volt literally can not beat stages that involve spinning something.

He gets it from his mother.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Judge Tesla posted:

9 Volt is also the character for this weeks Wario Cup, I hope you like playing as him when the minigames are set to 200% speed.

If you level him you get more trophy points in the cup. A 6000 wasn't too difficult after playing enough he's to get him to level 20.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Heath posted:

Are you asking because you know? It's a bit too blue for my suggestion, but I'd say... Meta Gear (pause/inventory screen)?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont know if i want to look up a guide for best gifts for characters or not, because on one hand i want to figure it out, on the other hand, I want my 5* gifts to be maxed out for usefulness. What do you mean wario only likes the gold crown and its not his favorite

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Warioware seems pretty good but I'm still not sold on the multiple character idea

How much other stuff is in the game, like the goofy little toys and poo poo from the older ones?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Every character single mini game is way better than it should be. After getting a pass in every mini game doing an all character of that chapter you are actually familiar with how each character should clear each game. All character is fun because you are going to be bad at a few of them. If you cherry pick the best character for each game getting 999 doesn't seem like it should be hard for solo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You really shouldnt ever lose as wario/ashley/crygor unless you mess up the game itself. A lot of other characters you can lose because their gameplay doesnt mesh well with certain microgames

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

tuo posted:

So I just did that first thing of the next three things I have to do. It was not a lot of fun, but I did it. And now....now they pull the let's take away all your stuff and do an instant-death stealth level where you have to get ALL YOUR STUFF back, without beeing detected

I'm bouncing back to "this game rocks because it pulls all the punches" but again I think I'll give up for the weekend. (and I hate complaining about games, but Skyward Sword is quite the thing...)
I'm generally enjoying Skyward Sword, but periodically I hit something that is just annoying. At first I was afraid it was going to be too short because it felt like I got through a lot of it really fast but at this point I just want to finish it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Check out the "Game" tab of the mission list for huge chunk of pretty interesting (and a few devilishly frustrating) challenges that will add a lot of replayability to the already replayable microgames.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1436742021687889921?s=19

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah I’m loving Warioware and the characters add more variety especially with the challenges

Haven’t tried multiplayer yet but gonna try with friends this weekend

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If I want to hunt a monster, is Rise or Generations the one to get? Do either of those have fun split screen multiplayer? I will never play online.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MonHun games don't have split screen. They have local and online multiplayer on multiple devices.

Rise should be the one you pick if it's your first.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Heath posted:

baseball stars

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

rt4 posted:

If I want to hunt a monster, is Rise or Generations the one to get? Do either of those have fun split screen multiplayer? I will never play online.

Rise has a ton of quality of life improvements. Looks wonderful and plays great. Generations is older but should be cheap.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
what other game names do people only say the first syllables of for no reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whaley posted:

Son the Hedge
Spy the Drag
War Land

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hal

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only other franchise I've seen it done with is MegaTen, Shin Megami Tensei. And that's because they're Japanese franchises so they'd use syllables rather than abbreviated individual letters.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

whaley posted:

Are you referring to MoHun?

It seems like a useful shorthand given you couldn't really just say/type "Monster" or "Hunter" and get the same idea across like you can say stuff like "Zelda," "Mario" or "Metroid"

Or stuff like Fire Emblem becoming "FE"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's something they do in Japan, I don't know why MonHun specifically made it over here. DraQue is of of the most popular game series of all time over there

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is that a particularly British thing? I feel they're the only people I've heard say things like Spag Bol for spaghetti Bolognese.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its also done with pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rear end Creed