Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Wear What You Want is cool but is there anything that just makes weapon/armor mods unequippable without having to open up CET for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sachant posted:

Wear What You Want is cool but is there anything that just makes weapon/armor mods unequippable without having to open up CET for it?

Unequip Cyberware posted:

This mod allows you to unequip cyberware.

Unequip Mods posted:

This mod allows you to unequip and replace weapon and clothing mods without destroying them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

v1ld posted:

Yeah, having a UI library integrated into the scripting framework is just so convenient - for both modder and player. Modder gets to do a nice UI for configuration with little friction, players get a common UI across all their CET mods.

Being an ImGui based library is neat too, it's small and not much effort to get a simple UI together. Here's the code in Wear What You Want to produce this simple ui:

Here's the ImGui code in C# for a similar UI in a PF:K mod I did. Here too the mod manager provided the embedded ImGui library so I could just get on with the mod and the config UI.

Wonder if the mwse-lua folks could work in a ImGui library in a similar fashion to CET: an overlay that contains your mod UIs. It'd take you out of the game's wonderfully immersive UI, but it's worth giving up some immersion for easy configurability.

I think morrowind modding is sort of similar to this already, tes3ui.createmenu{id = "whatever", fixedFrame = true} kinda stuff, which is easy enough for simple things, but if you want something like the contents menu that shows an inventory welcome to hell because you seemingly have to build that son of a bitch by hand, from extremely base components. I know there's a better way to do it but I wasn't able to figure it out. I mean I was out there looking at mods that implemented almost exactly what I wanted to do and couldn't see where they did it. Probably if I had a better workflow set up and knew where to look to figure things out it would minimize a lot of my problems. If it's some dumbass thing like somehow sitting in an esp I only got myself to blame.

They also have a config system where you can basically build whatever UI and the system will throw it in the mod config menu no problem. It pretty much looks like it should be in the game and if I could figure out what it is that I'm not getting it should be nbd to have any arbitrary anything that seamlessly meshes. Ofc MW is decades old. Some lunatic made a mod that lets you find a dwemer machine, start it up, and use it to play daggerfall.

The ui panels are interesting to me as much for how they look as for how easy they are to set up. I bet someone could use them to implement something more like the tabletop style of netrunning -- I'm really curious to figure out what 2077 would be like if more of the systems were like RED instead. It would radically change the game or make it unplayable but it might be cool. Don't got a PC that can even run this thing tho so I won't be the one working on it.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Awesome, thanks!

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Rinkles posted:

apologies, i was exaggerating, but yes it feels like an eternity ago

no problem, honestly I was more bothered by the tumbleweeds post below

like, no idea why there might not be a ton of marketing going on right now, :iiam:

unrelated to that, I'm super super glad to see the cool mods people are making and the fact that yigsoft is doing stuff with CDPR, I didn't know a lot of this was possible with the red mod tools, hope there's more to come in the future

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Bronze Fonz posted:

Fan fiction is right... a bunch of NPC names, items in a location, boom here's a wall of text describing what the developers obviously intended.

I would've deleted it too.

honestly i love reading stuff like this, but I imagine it's a lot more enjoyable for me since I know what it all actually means

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I think morrowind modding is sort of similar to this already, tes3ui.createmenu{id = "whatever", fixedFrame = true} kinda stuff, which is easy enough for simple things, but if you want something like the contents menu that shows an inventory welcome to hell because you seemingly have to build that son of a bitch by hand, from extremely base components. I know there's a better way to do it but I wasn't able to figure it out. I mean I was out there looking at mods that implemented almost exactly what I wanted to do and couldn't see where they did it. Probably if I had a better workflow set up and knew where to look to figure things out it would minimize a lot of my problems. If it's some dumbass thing like somehow sitting in an esp I only got myself to blame.

That looks much like the other games I quoted then, even more sophisticated possibly from what little I've seen googling around. Is there a discord where the devs/coders using the mwse-lua apis hang out? The cp2077 modding discord is super useful in finding both code snippets and having folks who may have the info that may save you hours of trying stuff out.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Saw a 19kb update on steam, have they finally completed their patching?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ooh this must be that new ending I've heard rumours about

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

v1ld posted:

That looks much like the other games I quoted then, even more sophisticated possibly from what little I've seen googling around. Is there a discord where the devs/coders using the mwse-lua apis hang out? The cp2077 modding discord is super useful in finding both code snippets and having folks who may have the info that may save you hours of trying stuff out.

Yeah I just don't really get a chance to chunk time in tbh

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

literally all of that ends up in this thread. the gross reddit goons will always bring the good stuff back to the goon hive, that's what we bred them to do. I have never had to hunt for anything, it all ends up in here.
I will have you know I've never posted a single horny CP2077 cosplay here (which is 90% of CP2077 content on reddit atm, please subscribe to my onlyfans or fanly or whatever the gently caress now)

also that's the only good content right now lol

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

TheAgent posted:

also that's the only good content right now lol

Don't forget the daily repost of the big "CDPR list of lies" thread (nearly all of which they either never said or was corrected later).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder what the first game to really create this “more fun to hate than it is to play” culture. WoW? I feel like it has to be an online game.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder what the first game to really create this “more fun to hate than it is to play” culture. WoW? I feel like it has to be an online game.

It's been around since at least "Genesis does what Nintendon't".

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bust Rodd posted:

Call of Duty certainly gets a poo poo ton of flack, but not quite like this.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Everquest is the first one I remember, but I'm sure the culture was established in games like Ultima Online or even going back to MUDs.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is this a bug? placide texted me "watch out for your back" a while after i killed him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was getting messages that made no sense constantly.

Side gig completions talking about how I went in and out like a ghost when I’d gone in all guns blazing, cyberpsychos who I put down non-lethally being declared dead and I’m a monster (and vice-versa), a boxing opponent asking me how I liked owning his car that I’d refused to take and insisted he keep instead.

I take it the game hasn’t been fixed enough to be worth playing on a console (PS5) again yet?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhino still isn't a romantic partner option so the game does have a ways to go.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

8one6 posted:

Rhino still isn't a romantic partner option so the game does have a ways to go.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I jumped into the game last night for the first time in a while, and it might have been because I've been playing a different game but the controls felt a bit more "floaty" than I recall. Also, enemy scaling seemed different, and I couldn't just faceroll random ganggoons using the Contagion hack like I used to be able to. Does that mesh up with what other people saw with patch 1.3?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I jumped into the game last night for the first time in a while, and it might have been because I've been playing a different game but the controls felt a bit more "floaty" than I recall. Also, enemy scaling seemed different, and I couldn't just faceroll random ganggoons using the Contagion hack like I used to be able to. Does that mesh up with what other people saw with patch 1.3?
I haven't really noticed much since 1.3 besides callspam being spaced out a bit more, and some side-gig/main quest stuff *looking* a bit more buggy (more teleporting NPCs and odd moments of lag when recognizing completion of parts of quests) while also being more consistent.

I've been playing through a second time. My original playthrough was about 70%+ done on the release version and the rest done since 1.1/1.2. The main differences is that the game seems to run a lot better and I don't feel like I need to be really careful to prevent quests from bugging out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Somehow I had missed the statement RE next gen console versions might not even ship this year. That is a pretty huge bummer, was really hoping I could celebrate the 1-year anniversary with a PS5 playthrough.

drat, I still remember my brother and I excitedly talking about what our builds might be like and how many times we’d each play through it to see all the different stuff… he never even beat it

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol that was me as well, was so hyped and talking to friends about playing it, and then i just turned it off like 2 missions into the johnny stuff and never opened it again.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I planned to do my first playthrough just using speech to talk my way through everything and not fire a single shot if possible. I don't know why I thought that would be possible. I guess they just kept saying "deep rpg" enough that I bought it hook, line, and sinker

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I hope the DLC leans into the Deus Ex parts a lot more...my biggest disappointment was taking my time on stealing the chip with Jackie, savescumming until I ghosted the level and then realized there was no point, reward, or even acknowledgment in game that I had done so.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are walking back the timeline?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I planned to do my first playthrough just using speech to talk my way through everything and not fire a single shot if possible. I don't know why I thought that would be possible. I guess they just kept saying "deep rpg" enough that I bought it hook, line, and sinker

The lack of any lethal vs. nonlethal approach bothered me. And it wouldn't be possible to finish all the quests nonlethal because the game forces you to kill the target to complete the quest sometimes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i don't have a sense of what proportion, but there are a lot of gigs that take note of how you complete them. sometimes it can cost you.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Some of the missions explicitly have a "Don't get caught (optional)" mission objective and usually it means that the fixer call afterwards is a little happier and then you have to walk a kilometer to the closest drop point to pick up a lovely piece of random loot and another handful of eddies.

I'm about 30 levels into my second playthrough (Takemura has been waiting for me to show up for a very long time) and this time around I'm stealthing stuff just for the added challenge. I like the loop of hacking cameras, learning the layout, marking foes, etc. but if it's not a mission where I have the optional objective if I'm spotted then it becomes Dr Gorilla Hands' Murder-time Fun Show.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

8one6 posted:

Some of the missions explicitly have a "Don't get caught (optional)" mission objective and usually it means that the fixer call afterwards is a little happier and then you have to walk a kilometer to the closest drop point to pick up a lovely piece of random loot and another handful of eddies.

Most of these missions will just flip a coin to decide if you were caught or not regardless of what you do though because the game is a broken shitheap, so YMMV.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tenzarin posted:

They are walking back the timeline?

Lol there is no timeline

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

8one6 posted:

I'm about 30 levels into my second playthrough (Takemura has been waiting for me to show up for a very long time) and this time around I'm stealthing stuff just for the added challenge. I like the loop of hacking cameras, learning the layout, marking foes, etc. but if it's not a mission where I have the optional objective if I'm spotted then it becomes Dr Gorilla Hands' Murder-time Fun Show.

having to first hack access points (as was originally intended afaict) further enhances that playstyle. i tried it for a few gigs (honor system), and having to physically infiltrate an area before having my magic powers definitely made me feel like less of a hacker god. i think the game's systems are quite salvageable with the right tweaks.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Once your hack skills are high enough and you've got the right perks it's totally doable on a lot of missions to take out all opposition by hacking the cameras and dropping them with Short Circuit or the like. I got the "stealth" optional bonus for several missions because I remotely fried everyone in a building and just strolled through to complete it.

I also made all my weapons nonlethal, but the game doesn't care about that much and often still shows animations of people bleeding out even though they are just unconscious.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

My favorite frustration with playing nonlethally was that gig where you're asked to kidnap a guy out an office window. Except it seemed random whether or not he'd survive the jump down whilst over my shoulder.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

Most of these missions will just flip a coin to decide if you were caught or not regardless of what you do though because the game is a broken shitheap, so YMMV.

Nah, pretty much every mission worked fine with the "were you stealthy or not" detection for me. Only had trouble once, in some night club some enemies decided to start combat very easily, but even that was past-sneakable.

...on PC though, don't know about consoles.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rinkles posted:

My favorite frustration with playing nonlethally was that gig where you're asked to kidnap a guy out an office window. Except it seemed random whether or not he'd survive the jump down whilst over my shoulder.

Having all my weapons nonlethal led me to discover that jumping on unconscious people will kill them, especially a double-jump. That's how I finished off some of the mandatory murder missions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a real missed opportunity that you can't goomba stomp your way to victory in CP2077.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

It's a real missed opportunity that you can't goomba stomp your way to victory in CP2077.

If you take the right Cyberware you actually can, but it's not a great build and almost nobody does it. To get all the achievements you have to do it, and that's the only reason I'm aware of it - it's not a great build. You mostly need to get a little higher than your targets for it to really work, and it's not really that flexible, but it can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
It's still really nice that I can play this game without ever being forced to drink or smoke when I'm in control of V.
I didn't know it bothered me until I realized I was the world's least fun cyber assassin.