Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
The last of my 2019 mag 46s were sent out with samplers last week so I cracked my 2020 box.

Goddamn they are smoking great already for only being 16mo past the box date.

Ophidian fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
chesterfields tonight. they just *flow*

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Smoked an Oliva Serie V Melanio figurado today. It was very nice, dark, spicy, and mellow. Not the most distinctive cigar I've ever smoked, but it was very pleasant. I'd happily have another. Had to use the PerfecDraw a couple times, due to the torpedo tip, but eventually it was smoking beautifully.

Got a big order arriving tomorrow, I'll make sure to post about it. :c00l:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

A big order came for us yesterday, too! Classics, for the most part; Tatuaje Havana VI Verocru petite coronas, Liga Privada Papas Fritas, and Tatuaje Series P Short Robustos.

The new to us sticks are the Fonseca Petite Corona, the first of which I'm having with my coffee this morning. Could be because it's not completely acclimated, but it tastes quite like a San Cristobal Revelation. It has a great chocolate and floral spice quality. Petite coronas are great.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

On one hell of a streak with cigars my last few. Mag 46, a bolivar, and a rose of Sharon robusto. My strategy of smoking less cigars but better cigars is paying off. We just got a nice shipment which also includes Nica rusticas and intemperance BA so this hot streak will just keep rolling on.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Tried Camels today. Not exactly my jam but you can really feel the tobacco.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Tried Camels today. Not exactly my jam but you can really feel the tobacco.

You gotta smoke those into the filter-that's where they put the heroin

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!

Gramps posted:

My strategy of smoking less cigars but better cigars is paying off.

This is the way.

If I keep it at 1-2 a week I can smoke 14-20 dollar sticks and not feel like a giant rear end in a top hat, financially speaking.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Gramps posted:

My strategy of smoking less cigars but better cigars is paying off.

I envy you! Pandemic activity restrictions have me frequently burning one down just to pass an hour :v:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Cigars are a nice change-up from a pipe! Brought a pack of Toscano Classicos and some Victory Cigars Summer of 79 Robustos camping this last week and was impressed by both, especially the latter given it was a cheap house cigar from a Canadian site. Definitely can see myself trying more cigars out occasionally when I want something different from pipe tobacco.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"

Ophidian posted:

This is the way.

Catch me thinking about a 3rd today because I don't know what else to do with myself

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
My shop doors are always open :v:

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"

It took me frighteningly little time to justify it

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nexein posted:

It took me frighteningly little time to justify it

Those lil dudes are soooooo gooooood. I know what I'm gonna rip next...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Had a San Cristobal La Fuerza last night. They've really come into their own with some age. Mostly just salt and a bread like flavor that reminds me of a ball park pretzel.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

That sounds yummy!

I put in my birthday order to me from me through Atlantic - La Aurora 115th Bellicoso and MF Fonseca Cosacos. I'm gonna have some great smokes for my birthday while camping this year, and I desperately need the break!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Ooh man thanks for the rec on these Intemperance BA! Definitely my favorite RomaCraft so far.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Gramps posted:

Ooh man thanks for the rec on these Intemperance BA! Definitely my favorite RomaCraft so far.

The Intemperance BA and EC are really the only two cigars I've found to be worth the money from RomeCraft. I've tried Neanderthal, Baka, CroMagnon, Aquitaine, etc. and never loved them enough to be willing to pay the $10+ for them. I do like both of the Intemperance line though.

I've been going on a Cuban cigar buying spree. I need to stop buying cigars until Black Friday because I've gotten dumb. I've picked up Short de Punch, Monte 3 and 5, Partagas Mille Fleurs, and Trinidad Reyes. In non Cubans I bought the Monster Mash off Famous Smoke (it's a sampler of all of the Tatuaje Monster cigars). You can use the code UPS20OFF to get the price from $150 to $120 which is tied for the best price I've seen anyone pay.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My birthday smokes came in! Of course, I'm having one ROTT instead of letting all of them wait a few weeks.

The La Aurora 115th is still super yummy. Having it with Southern Tier Warlock, a pumpkin imperial stout and one of my top beers, for a super funky and rich Friday smoke.

E: holy poo poo these cigars came to my house loving READY this is great

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 17, 2021

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I’m smoking a 2007 diplomatico 4 and it just reminded me of how pissed I was at myself for not buying tons of them when they were 130 dollars/box. They are basically a milder Monte 4. Not super complex but they just have the flavor I’m after.

Smoked a bunch of other stuff Over the past few weeks which I haven’t tried in a long time/ever:

Cohiba Robusto - a little young but still really good. I think I still prefer Trinidad at that price point. I do have a 2014 tubo to try out too but I’m going to save that for a bit.

Montecristo Double edmundo - I like it and it had a lot of good flavor but I think the Monte 2 is better when approaching that RG for a montecristo.

HUP No 2 - goddamn I was a huge fan of this one. It’s the RG of a mag 50 but unlike the mag 50 it’s practically a bigger mag 46 whereas the mag 50 is its own cigar.

From this order I still have a HDM epi 2 and a 2008 (I think) ERDM CS to go through. I also just ordered a 5er of some custom rolls from an old contact which I’m looking forward to. I haven’t had to freeze fresh customs in a while so it should be fun :D

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Why has no one told me the Oliva V is waaay better than the V Melanio :argh:

Like holy poo poo, I found a decent deal on Melanios a year ago and they aren’t bad, but I’m smoking a standard V and it’s a straight up good smoke, not just good for the money like the melanios are. Honestly serves me right for lurking Reddit :mad:

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Dramatika posted:

Why has no one told me the Oliva V is waaay better than the V Melanio :argh:

Like holy poo poo, I found a decent deal on Melanios a year ago and they aren’t bad, but I’m smoking a standard V and it’s a straight up good smoke, not just good for the money like the melanios are. Honestly serves me right for lurking Reddit :mad:

The melanio Maduro is way better than the regular melanio but I definitely like the serie V best, especially the special figurado (presidente). I've never had a serie V that wasn't fantastic. I smoked a shitton of olivas early on and they were my favorite until I made my way through the My Father, Foundation, and Dunbarton lines.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tonight's a marlboro kinda night

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Anyone into giant pipes?

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ser-jacopo/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=447311

https://c15107754.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/002-171-3366.mp4

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

:eyepop: I think that thing would scare even Popeye!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'd be lying if I said the temptation weren't there. It's ridiculous. I love it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I love it!

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
Smoking log rules

Was there a price on it earlier? It's sold now and I wonder how much for

I gotta get a new pipe that I don't hate here ASAP, I have so much pipe tobacco that's been chilling in a desk humi for almost a year

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I think it was $585, I might just make my own :v:

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Well, it finally arrived.

Full size - https://i.imgur.com/xzbdX3l.jpg

I also made a little video as promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfwajY1mTM

I'm by no means a professional video taker, it was taken with my phone.
Also, yes, I know one shelf is upside down.

The cost was about $3,000 AUD.
Paid $30 for unloading. The thing came in a wood crate, with cardboard and styrofoam surrounding it.
A real loving pain in the arse to get the humidor out of.

Valar Morghulis fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 29, 2021

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Gotta be a real enthusiast to fill that thing up with Australian prices Valar. I just bit the bullet and ordered a corncob pipe and the price of the pipe baccy left my eyes watering, just like cigars ...

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Gotta be a real enthusiast to fill that thing up with Australian prices Valar. I just bit the bullet and ordered a corncob pipe and the price of the pipe baccy left my eyes watering, just like cigars ...

Importing works out cheaper. Even with GST + Customs fee.
Buy a few boxes, save a gently caress tonne.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
decided to try spicing it up and taking the tobacco out of a marlboro cig and put it in my pipe. pretty fancy!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

ArfJason posted:

decided to try spicing it up and taking the tobacco out of a marlboro cig and put it in my pipe. pretty fancy!

For a real treat just jam a Swisher Sweet in the bowl.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ArfJason posted:

:barf: 🤮

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Valar Morghulis posted:

Importing works out cheaper. Even with GST + Customs fee.
Buy a few boxes, save a gently caress tonne.

Any websites you recommend or just the big ones everyone here uses?

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Any websites you recommend or just the big ones everyone here uses?

Don't know if it's allowed.
For Cubans:
https://lcdh-amsterdam.com/
https://www.ihavanas.com/
https://www.topcubans.com/

For non-Cubans I know of:
https://www.neptunecigar.com/
https://www.cigarplace.biz/

Those are the ones with good reviews.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

If Atlantic Cigar ships internationally, their $60/year membership thing is a whacky value on the majority of their inventory.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
I've probably made back that 60bux like, three times over already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Had to go into the office today so I thought I'd stop by the nearest little shop on my way back home. The last couple times I was in I spotted some moldy cigars and made sure to let the people working know about them. Wonder if they've been taking better care of their stuff...

I pointed these out to the dude working and he said that the cigar underneath is fine and that they check the humidor every day and he cleans off the cigars but the mold keeps coming back because of the weather. LOL. Won't be going back to that shop.