Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my name is stux and i love the stadia, i want to kiss it and marry it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My phone is not equipped to handle these presumable long long clowns

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

there's no need to patch perfection, bro

Stadia: Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bofast posted:

Stadia: Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!

:emptyquote:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Stadia: Patches the Clown, but not the games

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Neddy Seagoon posted:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:perfect:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The rare thread with two equally great potential titles just sitting there waiting to be grabbed

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
Could we please redirect Stux to another thread? His novelty and entertainment value has worn off and its not worth my time and energy to scroll those things he affectionatly thinks are "posts of value and quality". Stadia on the other hand is a gift that keeps on giving.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

madfury posted:

Could we please redirect Stux to another thread? His novelty and entertainment value has worn off and its not worth my time and energy to scroll those things he affectionatly thinks are "posts of value and quality". Stadia on the other hand is a gift that keeps on giving.

They should make it so a full copy of a reported post goes into the mod queue so they get to scroll through the same bullshit everyone else does

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

madfury posted:

Use the handy ignore function.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah it's a bit concerning that Stux is explicitly thread banned, and has been lectured several times for doing just this, but whenever they start again it's mostly ignored by the mods other than one or two sixers. Why aren't they getting much, much longer probes, or being banned? Why aren't their thread-breaking posts edited, at the very least?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah it's a bit concerning that Stux is explicitly thread banned, and has been lectured several times for doing just this, but whenever he starts again it's mostly ignored by the mods other than one or two sixers. Why isn't he getting much, much longer probes, or being banned? Why aren't his thread-breaking posts edited, at the very least?

Isn't that like half the thread? The other half being Hostile?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux's threadban was rescinded a while back.

Anyway, longclowns (and similarly long, thread-breaking images) are now verboten. One may mock the mock thread as long as it is funny, and unfortunately, the longclowns? Not as funny as the last gimmick. Longclowns will be met with longprobes.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why aren't their thread-breaking posts edited, at the very least?

Okay well that one's just because I forgot I can do that, because I am very foolish. I'll edit them now, assuming my browser doesn't implode when I try.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It was rescinded? Why? It never stopped being annoying. And when it got ignorable and mostly amusingly dumb, Stux pushed the limits intentionally. What's the point of lifting it when nothing improved? Clearly Stux is just gonna keep posting longclowns, probably even more now that it's explicitly banned, as if thread-breaking images weren't ALREADY banned.

pixaal posted:

Isn't that like half the thread? The other half being Hostile?

No...? Look at the last page or so, we, like, actually discuss things about Stadia.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 13, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

To quote myself from last month:

Harrow posted:

Welcome back from time out, Stadia thread!

New rule: You are allowed to mock the mock thread, but you better be funny when you do. If you come in here just to whine, you're getting a probation on the spot. All of this "thread sucks, :gas:" poo poo is infinitely worse than this thread has ever been.

Stux is no longer threadbanned, but we reserve the right to give him a big ol' time out the second he stops being funny and starts just filling pages on pages with white noise spam.

Anyway I've been away from modding for a while and also was unaware of the longclowns until a couple days ago, so I apologize that those weren't hit sooner.

It is now time for Stux to find a new gimmick or risk a probation matching the length of the clowns.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No...? Look at the last page or so, we, like, actually discuss things about Stadia.
There's been like two pages of news and events to discuss in the last 15+ pages.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Harrow posted:

To quote myself from last month:

Anyway I've been away from modding for a while and also was unaware of the longclowns until a couple days ago, so I apologize that those weren't hit sooner.

It is now time for Stux to find a new gimmick or risk a probation matching the length of the clowns.

Ah, ok, I forgot about that. Of course, a policy like that actually requires someone to monitor it, unfortunately, and Stux knows that's not happening.

The Kins posted:

There's been like two pages of news and events to discuss in the last 15+ pages.

And that's fine and normal. The thread can just go dormant for a while until something happens.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah, ok, I forgot about that. Of course, a policy like that actually requires someone to monitor it, unfortunately, and Stux knows that's not happening.

Report the bad posts as you see them and I'll slap down probations as necessary, especially for longclowns. I'm not sure if they just weren't reported for a while but I didn't know it was happening until a couple days ago because that was the first time I saw a report for it.

I used to read this thread pretty regularly but I've been mostly away for the last month or so, so apologies for the gap in actual monitoring.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not trying to put down the mod team or anything, I know it's a thankless job. But it's really confusing to me why Stux has dozens and dozens of probes from all over the forums and yet no one will punish them any more than with 6 hour probes. In my experience, bad posters like that in the past would get permas or start getting repeated bans or long, long probes.

I didn't report the posts because, well, I had to put Stux on ignore to even read the thread, and at this point it seems pointless to report Stux when it doesn't seem to accomplish anything, so why bother trying to scroll by the giant image to find the report button?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

In my experience, bad posters like that in the past would get permas or start getting repeated bans or long, long probes.
Your account dates back to an era when probations didn't exist, so people would get outright banned for not using proper capitalization, or not putting some unfunny variant of "[56k warning]" in their thread titles. Leniency towards certain things expands and contracts over time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I definitely think the bar for bans and permabans is higher these days than it once was, and I'm sorta okay with that. If someone's just sometimes trolling in a way that's more annoying than funny I'd rather just probate them than ban them, and permabans are saved for the really serious stuff.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
stuxia

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Harrow posted:

I definitely think the bar for bans and permabans is higher these days than it once was, and I'm sorta okay with that. If someone's just sometimes trolling in a way that's more annoying than funny I'd rather just probate them than ban them, and permabans are saved for the really serious stuff.

Yeah I get that. I just don't get why Stux isn't getting more than a slap on the wrist when clearly they don't care, but are actively TRYING to keep pissing people off. There has to some some harsher punishment, at the very least longer probes given consistently.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah it's a bit concerning that Stux is explicitly thread banned, and has been lectured several times for doing just this, but whenever they start again it's mostly ignored by the mods other than one or two sixers. Why aren't they getting much, much longer probes, or being banned? Why aren't their thread-breaking posts edited, at the very least?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It was rescinded? Why? It never stopped being annoying. And when it got ignorable and mostly amusingly dumb, Stux pushed the limits intentionally. What's the point of lifting it when nothing improved? Clearly Stux is just gonna keep posting longclowns, probably even more now that it's explicitly banned, as if thread-breaking images weren't ALREADY banned.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah, fair enough. I'm not trying to put down the mod team or anything, I know it's a thankless job. But it's really confusing to me why Stux has dozens and dozens of probes from all over the forums and yet no one will punish them any more than with 6 hour probes. In my experience, bad posters like that in the past would get permas or start getting repeated bans or long, long probes.

I didn't report the posts because, well, I had to put Stux on ignore to even read the thread, and at this point it seems pointless to report Stux when it doesn't seem to accomplish anything, so why bother trying to scroll by the giant image to find the report button?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah I get that. I just don't get why Stux isn't getting more than a slap on the wrist when clearly they don't care, but are actively TRYING to keep pissing people off. There has to some some harsher punishment, at the very least longer probes given consistently.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok let me get this straight, you really think people should be hung drawn and quartered just for disliking stadia? OK. guess thats the world we live in now of days. all i can say is yikes. meanwhile stadia marches on pwning me daily and sleeping with my wife and yall do nothing. mods knew.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Download a game, nobody bats an eye
Stream a game directly to any device, everybody loses their mind

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh no I care about things, I forgot that's not cool anymore

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok so youre telling me its ok for people to just kramer into this thread and flying monkey around while i have my pants pulled down and my bare rear end paddled just beacuse i post in a thread? and mods wont do anything. i guess it just shows that sundar pichais throttling grip is allowed to choke the life out of any resistance to his devious plans and we're supposed to just be ok with it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

quote:

Faith In stadia.
Has anyone given up on stadia? And if yes why and if no why. It’s almost two years and stadia has me up and down but mostly down and I know things won’t come right away but at some point is anything big coming anytime? By big I meant something game changer

quote:

I’ve been one of the biggest supporters as Stadia is truly my favorite way to game probably of all time. However, this month when NBA 2K22 released everywhere but Stadia it was a kind of a major blow to me. It’s one of the games I’ve looked forward to most this year and it not coming to Stadia abruptly and without reason or acknowledgement it’s kinda of put a damper on things for me. Ive been very patient and understanding as we’ve continued to miss big releases but this one really did me in to an extent particularly having had the last two games on the platform making it apparent we’re losing support.

quote:

I've stopped using Stadia, but I'm still in the middle if I have faith in Stadia

quote:

I've not given up on it but I will be buying a PS5 when they become available because my assumption that Stadia would be able to give me to full console experience is simply wrong

quote:

I am a stadia founder and have also bought a PS5 because there were no games coming to stadia I am interested in. Haven't touched stadia since....

quote:

I'm about the same. Just picked up an Xbox Series S because f- waiting for a PS5. Instant library of 4 generations of games with Gamepass. It's been fantastic.

quote:

I still play on Stadia as my main platform.

That said ...

I'm just getting more and more frustrated by the lack of commitment from Google/Stadia

quote:

I haven't given up but definitely lost faith over the last 6 months. Broke down and bought a new Xbox so I can play the games I want to when I want to and not just when they make their way over

quote:

I cancelled my pro membership for a geforce now membership. I have a lot more games on there, and the ones on stadia aren’t ones i would care about.

quote:

Yes, I gave up on it. I cancelled my pro subscription and I bought a second hand PS4 Pro

There's also an amusing through-trend on /r/stadia recently, about how hard it is to buy a next gen console. I guess even the "faithful" are finally bailing.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Stux posted:

ok let me get this straight, you really think people should be hung drawn and quartered just for disliking stadia? OK. guess thats the world we live in now of days. all i can say is yikes. meanwhile stadia marches on pwning me daily and sleeping with my wife and yall do nothing. mods knew.

Oh Stux, you lovable goofball.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stux provides a vital role in the forums ecosystem, like krill in the ocean or those weird moths that show up around your shower after a few days of heavy rain.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

gschmidl posted:

Use the handy ignore function.

Short term solution. I have a strong belief that shitheads should not be ignored (thus making it someone elses problem) but rather dealt with. Granted, in forum context it doesnt quite apply as strongly as in real life but I try to be consitent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

quote:

its just opportunity cost
why would you own a switch (300+games) when for the same you can own another GPU that'll pull 15k over the same time?

theres never going to be a good time so just throw money at nintendo

quote:

because im not an idiot

all i've advocated doing is spending a normal amount on a gaming PC, and mining on the down-time
turn those profits into extra GPUs for both gaming and more profits

i literally posted how to do this and shown my ~$50k return but then people just started meming and saying they liked mario again

quote:

so every person who invests in anything is a binary solution of "nothing" or "sell everything we're going all in on these shares!!!" ??
no, of course not
everyone has limited finances, its specifically WHY you overlap gaming and making bitcoin

quote:

then you havent tried to solve for higher values of A in particular
its literally impossible to have more fun with:
- fewer titles
- worse titles
- lower resolution / immersion
- lower fps / immersion

quote:

A and C are the really important fun factors to consider
you're always going to get larger values for each on an established console with strong 3rd party support
PC obviously had the highest possible fun levels when you look at how you can optimise it

this is the most fair, most level, most basic way of putting it. i could try to point out if the resolution is too low, you'll lose immersion compared to other platforms, but ..

UNDERSTANDING TECHNICAL SPECS IS JUST A MELTDOWN !!!!!!

seriously can you fucks not come up with a single pro-switch position that DOESNT fall to basic math?

what jobs do you even have that allow this lack of consistent thought ?

found these on reddit. some braindead falia brainmorons utterly melting down over the concept of other consoles. when will they learn... guess thats why we laugh :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

madfury posted:

Short term solution. I have a strong belief that shitheads should not be ignored (thus making it someone elses problem) but rather dealt with. Granted, in forum context it doesnt quite apply as strongly as in real life but I try to be consitent.

yup.