Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Battlefield 1 assignments question - does "kills with a tank" refer specifically only to kills with the canon rather than the machine gun? I swear I have over 10 kills as a machine gunner, but the relevant assignment only registers 2.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Xander77 posted:

Battlefield 1 assignments question - does "kills with a tank" refer specifically only to kills with the canon rather than the machine gun? I swear I have over 10 kills as a machine gunner, but the relevant assignment only registers 2.

I think kills with a tank have to be the main gun and may even be as a Tanker class.

BF1 assignments are loving stupid and only a handful of them are even worthwhile

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Was it battlefield 1 or earlier than that when all the menus went stupid. Like "Cannot edit loadout except in app or an actual live game" stupid.

Im aware its a weird thing to complain about. But gently caress me all the menus have been garbage for the last few just absolutely garbage hiding or diaabling everything except BATTLEPACK BATTLEPACK.

To their credit they fix them it just takes a month or two after launch.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
You can edit your load out from the main menu in BF1

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
RE: Battlefield themes, say what you want about the game but I quite enjoyed the BFV rendition of it:
https://soundcloud.com/battlefield_official/battlefield-v-legacy-theme
And this version as well that played a lot on the main menu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qj00_dNEK8

ZeusCannon posted:

Was it battlefield 1 or earlier than that when all the menus went stupid. Like "Cannot edit loadout except in app or an actual live game" stupid.

Im aware its a weird thing to complain about. But gently caress me all the menus have been garbage for the last few just absolutely garbage hiding or diaabling everything except BATTLEPACK BATTLEPACK.

To their credit they fix them it just takes a month or two after launch.
Yeah it was BF1. They eventually patched in the ability to edit your loadouts in the main menu but you absolutely could not do that at launch lol.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Julius CSAR posted:

You still can't edit your loadout \ check your assignments \ do anything other than shop for battle packs while waiting to join a game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have played every battlefield since BF2 and have never spent even one second thinking about the music.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
BF2 is the version of the theme song that is permanently the "correct" one in my brain, all others are covers somehow.

also how could you have played BF2 and not remember this track:

https://soundcloud.com/modern-battlefield/battlefield-2-mec-theme

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 13, 2021

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i want to game i need to game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Charles 1998 posted:

On other forums, people will post leaked Battlefield 2042 gameplay and the responses are usually negative. Am I the only idiot who thinks everything looks solid? From the gameplay, the sound, the visuals, even the characters sound great.

A friend of mine that has played the BF games for like 15 years and is VERY critical of them, especially everything after 4, played a bit and said it “played fast and felt good.”

I know this is below even anecdotal, but I take his word for it. I guess he played a closed beta or something, but I haven’t been keeping up with that stuff.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

you couldn’t at launch but Battlefield games having some of the absolute worst UI/UX in gaming is pretty standard

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of terrible UI/UX I played BF4 with some friends tonight and I forgot how bad the squad experience is in that game. It may as well not exist for all the good it does to keep you on the same team/squad. Unless I was using it completely wrong but I didn’t see a thing that would help.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I like the fart songs tbh.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Yeah after hearing the soundtrack for myself it's not bad. It kinda reminded me a lot of the darker tracks from something like Jesper Kyd's work on Hitman. Obviously not as dramatic as 1's and V's and of course nothing you can put to a Rendezook montage, but meh, it fits with the atmosphere DICE is going for with the whole "World War fought by refugee Mercenaries fighting over scraps of civilization after climate change hosed up everything."

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKf029l15jY

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
this game (BF 2200 or whatever) is going to be garbage

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

This guy gets it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

This guy gets it

Yes and we'll all still play it for a couple of months

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is this the console thread or the pc thread

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yes

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

despite owning a 2080 i will play on ps5 becasue:
controllers make people worse and i stay alive longer (crossplay no)
i j ust paid way too much for an oled tv
the game costs 10 dollars more and therefore is 10 dollars better
more exclusive, harder to get, less riff raff on ps5
no hackers (crossplay no)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think you can stick a keyboard and mouse on the PS4 but laziness has prevented me from trying it so far

The way people look around when I spectate makes me think it must work

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

Can't wait

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ethanol posted:

is this the console thread or the pc thread

Considering PC and PS5/XSX crossplay I think it's both until such a time that we need 2 threads

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think it's going to be good and fun

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think it's going to be good and fun

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i heard el alamein is in the game like wtf

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

jisforjosh posted:

Some will play it for years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Aside from V (which I still played a ton of) all of the games in the series have been good to great so probably won't be disappointed

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
In looking up el almein (i thought it was a bf2 map because im dumb) i just noticed the 1942 > 2042 thing.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I'll buy it and play regardless of whether it is great or average, so whatever, there aren't may games like this so I take what I can get.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just want all my bros to play again.

Sick of 3 man BR’s holding us hostage for the last two years.

Back to those awesome 8 person parties where we run two squads and have a blast.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

It’s ok I’ll keep drinking that garbage
I’ll keep drinking it up
Cause i love it
And I need it
And battlefield 2042 sucks

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
All the zoomers in this thread who never played El Alamein.

Driving for 15 minutes in a tank, only to get dive bombed and have to start again from spawn.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

All the zoomers in this thread who never played El Alamein.

Driving for 15 minutes in a tank, only to get dive bombed and have to start again from spawn.

it blows my mind anybody would choose el alamein over market garden

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Beastie posted:

I just want all my bros to play again.

Sick of 3 man BR’s holding us hostage for the last two years.

Back to those awesome 8 person parties where we run two squads and have a blast.

This is what I'm most looking forward to and the reason I'm gonna probably buy regardless. I've played like 12-1400 hours of BF3/4...by myself, as a true masochist. Looking forward to having some fun and having more than like a 54% win rate.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Aside from V (which I still played a ton of) all of the games in the series have been good to great so probably won't be disappointed

This

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I only ever played a little of the single player for 1942

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah this game is gonna be worth the price of admission for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The universal truth for a lot of MP games for me will always be:

The real fun is the goon squads we joined along the way (to this realization)

Worked for every BF since I started with 3.