Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

With boars you can now go for a divine shield mix with mechs which is not the strongest but can win you some games. The old builds are too slow unless you get them super early.

Also, Master of the elements can get really huge but he requires a certain build. You want at least 1 elemental who buffs elementals in play and ideally a golden Majordomo with a cyclone at the leftmost place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I have very limited anecdotal data, but from what I've played odd quest hunter seems like a good counter to both quest warrior and quest warlock in wild:

### Odd Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Defend the Dwarven District
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (1) Mystery Winner
# 2x (1) On the Hunt
# 2x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Secret Plan
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (3) Aimed Shot
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Powershot
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAbv5AwKe+AL9+AMOjQGoAoAH2wnOFOmrAof7AuyWA7nQA/LhA9vtA/f4A6mfBKqfBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Oenis posted:

I have very limited anecdotal data, but from what I've played odd quest hunter seems like a good counter to both quest warrior and quest warlock in wild:

### Odd Hunter
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Defend the Dwarven District
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (1) Mystery Winner
# 2x (1) On the Hunt
# 2x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Secret Plan
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (3) Aimed Shot
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Powershot
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAbv5AwKe+AL9+AMOjQGoAoAH2wnOFOmrAof7AuyWA7nQA/LhA9vtA/f4A6mfBKqfBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This looks like so much more fun than the Standard version(s). I got bored with those and tinkered it to death. Thanks!

Edit: 13/30 Gold cards in this deck lol. I wish I had not dusted all my Golds they really piss people off.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 10, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I was in Wild finishing off some cheevos, notably the Celestial Ink Set mana reduction one, and eventually brewed up this Questline Spell Mage deck that happens to win in the current meta. Although I never saw a questline pirate warrior, I absolutely smashed the Warlocks:

### cheevo
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) First Flame
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (1) Sorcerer's Gambit
# 2x (2) Ancient Mysteries
# 2x (2) Celestial Ink Set
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Ignite
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (5) Refreshing Spring Water
#
AAEBAf0EAuj3A+ifBA7AAZYFn5sD9KsDwbgD99ED0OwD0ewDufEDp/cDrvcDsvcD/J4E/Z4EAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

The original list was -1x Ice Barrier, -1x Ancient Mysteries, +2x Research Project, but you get the point. When the Ink goes off on Refreshing Spring Water it is nutty (and progresses the quest at maximum speed)!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Cool. Cool cool coo coo co cool cool cool.

Every player in the lobby was playing this build.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's either that, poison or aim for 4th.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Flayer posted:

It's either that, poison or aim for 4th.

Wouldn't poison still lose to it due to the rats? (unless you have a ton of health + poison i guess)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I have defeated it a few times with elementals and demons or with a Zapper.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

And god himself will reach his loving arm through
Just to push you down

### AGWild
# Class: Priest
#
# 2x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Shadowbomber
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 1x (4) Disciplinarian Gandling
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
#
AAEBAaOrBASRvALn0QP70QO79wMNoQTUBeUHkQ/RwQKbzQPXzgPP0QOL1QPK4wOj9wOt9wPboAQA
#

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

enki42 posted:

Wouldn't poison still lose to it due to the rats? (unless you have a ton of health + poison i guess)
Depends if they risk diluting the initial Parrot attack with another Deathrattle.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just got a random Kobold Stickyfinger off a Sky Raider and stole a 4/2 Spectral Cutlass and with so many people running random weapons I think I need to work this into a deck or two and see what's what. They conceded so...

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Chernabog posted:

I've beaten it with dragons but I'm not going to pretend that's due to skill on my behalf.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Chernabog posted:

Zap is pretty much a hard counter to frogs. No matter what build you are playing, throw in a zap and you are pretty much set.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There’s still stuff that needs to shake out for the meta, but it really feels like the difference between winning builds and 2nd-4th place has gotten a lot bigger. Beasts in particular feels like an exercise in watching my minions hit everything except Mama Bear and Baron. I usually finish top 4, but I think I have won like, twice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Leapfrogger was a mistake. I suspect it’ll be removed entirely eventually since there’s too many synergies that make it broken but Blizzard being Blizzard will probably just raise it a tier for now.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Finally got the pretzel mustard cheevo but I don't think I'll ever get the spicy one.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 12, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

Finally got the pretzel mustard cheevo but I don't think I'll ever get the spicy one.

It's really annoying yeah. You basically need a hero that wins the first few rounds easily(Milhouse, Lich King, Al'Akir, ect.) and then hope you keep winning the whole game. It's extremely RNG. If you're not playing one of those heroes and you're going for the achievement you can't really Tavern Tier up on Turn 2. My advice is to not worry about it and hopefully you'll get it at random someday.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I wasn't going for the regular one either, I just happened to get it with the panda hero and really good RNG on my hero power selection.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
When does panda stop being offered to only P2W

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Chernabog posted:

I had to wait until this patch to get spicy pretzel mustard, and ended up having multiple games that would have got it for me since, and I’ve found that it’s not so much you high-rolling as it is the rest of the lobby low rolling - which happens a lot this patch with 5-6 players going beasts if beasts are in, or everyone going demons if demons are in and beats aren’t.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
ugggh I can't get out of apprentice lol

just came back to the game after a year off with a fresh account, I'd say for the last 100+ games I've played nothing but quest warlock / mage or crazy aggro decks that kill you by turn 5 (effectively). Can't compete with my random rear end Paladin deck.

game feels like poo poo to play, I don't remember it being like this before. I guess the idea is I give up trying to do the f2p thing and buy a bunch of packs / dust to get the meta deck so I don't lose 80% of my games with 0 counterplay

**it is really sweet the one game out of 20 where I play another person running some patched together garbage deck and after the first turn of doing nothing we both realize that it's not going to be another replay of the last 19 times and we can actually play the game lol

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 12, 2021

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Starsfan posted:

ugggh I can't get out of apprentice lol

just came back to the game after a year off with a fresh account, I'd say for the last 100+ games I've played nothing but quest warlock / mage or crazy aggro decks that kill you by turn 5 (effectively). Can't compete with my random rear end Paladin deck.

game feels like poo poo to play, I don't remember it being like this before. I guess the idea is I give up trying to do the f2p thing and buy a bunch of packs / dust to get the meta deck so I don't lose 80% of my games with 0 counterplay

**it is really sweet the one game out of 20 where I play another person running some patched together garbage deck and after the first turn of doing nothing we both realize that it's not going to be another replay of the last 19 times and we can actually play the game lol

Can you put together a cheap Face Hunter deck just to get some wins in?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Can you put together a cheap Face Hunter deck just to get some wins in?

I'm at "2" right now and apparently when I get through "1" I get a free meta deck cause I've been away for so long

then I will have the power >:D the power of playing the exact same deck as everyone else

but yeah... i honestly didn't anticipate not being able to get out of apprentice tonight and giving up lol

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 12, 2021

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
pictured: a composition that takes 20 damage from beasts on turn 10 :shepicide:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

One of the things that I was not really thinking about with the Leapfrogger builds is that the Sewer Rat's deathrattle will trigger first, before the endless chain of Leapfroggers stacked on top of it. For some reason my brain was telling me that it the Half-Shell wouldn't 'catch' the Leapfroggers.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

I’m shredding Wild with this deck. I actually got the 12-straight-wins cheevo without even noticing.

### Ancharrr
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Deckhand
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (1) Shiver Their Timbers!
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Small-Time Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 1x (3) Southsea Captain
#
AAEBAYwWBJG8At6tA5j2A6+gBA3UBeUH+w+CsAKgvQLPiQPdrQPpsAP+5wOV9gOX9gOmigStoAQA
#

Hit Legend like 20 games later lol

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I'm at "2" right now and apparently when I get through "1" I get a free meta deck cause I've been away for so long

then I will have the power >:D the power of playing the exact same deck as everyone else

but yeah... i honestly didn't anticipate not being able to get out of apprentice tonight and giving up lol

You can skip the apprentice ranks I think, look into the options.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Oh, October 12th

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Tribes not in this game - Murlocs

*Immediately assembles 2 Golden 1000/1000 Tarecgosas* :unsmigghh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shockeh posted:

Tribes not in this game - Murlocs

*Immediately assembles 2 Golden 1000/1000 Tarecgosas* :unsmigghh:

Better hope someone doesn't have some reborn Maexxnas

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
DS reborn Meaxxna sound especially awful

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I really hope they fix BGs soon because I am about ready to quit hearthstone. Standard is boring as gently caress.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I love this dumb game sometimes. Steal your poo poo and then Tonk you to death.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/eEqjXqRVp6pCEqBaopdcbg

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone have a code for a Big Druid deck that just killed me?? Thanks in advance!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chernabog posted:

I really hope they fix BGs soon because I am about ready to quit hearthstone. Standard is boring as gently caress.

Come join us in the grimy underbelly of Hearthstone! Duels!

Seriously, it's 99% of my Hearthstone these days.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I've been playing Duels exclusively recently and there is some dumb poo poo but it still somehow feels like the most balanced mode right now, even with priests playing 10-15 cards in a turn for lethal.

I kind of feel like they're keeping standard and BG broken on purpose because somebody on the business side decided it would lead to increased sales for mercenaries. Especially BG, which basically operates at a loss and generates next to no money.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I like duels but only as a palette cleanser, it is way too whacky.
I think my main issue with HS lately is that more often than not it feels like nothing I do matters and the outcomes are almost completely random. What's the match-up? Who drew better?
Even wins are unsatisfying.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol there’s an elwynn boar bucket in duels called “live to win”

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Hit Legend like 20 games later lol

this was a fun deck to bang through a bunch of games and get done with all my quests in a night but really quickly on hit a solid wall of warlocks, which makes this deck feel real bad. was very quick and chill games at the lower ranks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol there’s an elwynn boar bucket in duels called “live to win”

I have spent every bit of gold i've earned in the last two months trying to make elwynn boars work in duels. One run I got offered a bucket with three boars and the power deathrattle minions get reborn. I cruised to eight wins. Then I just got rolled by rng three games in a row.