Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

80 kids died in one month? ummm we were only at like 400 kid deaths as of ~july when i last looked at the data. an increase of almost 25% in 1 month is pretty bad

We were at 402 on the 19th of August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://www.amazon.com/Fenbendazol-Fenben-Lab-Third-Party-Laboratory/dp/B082PFNSZY

this stuff keeps popping up as a recommendation from amazon because I bought a zinc supplement recently

quote:

Fenbendazole is a broad spectrum benzimidazole anthelmintic used against gastrointestinal parasites including: giardia, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, the tapeworm genus Taenia (but not effective against Dipylidium caninum, a common dog tapeworm), pinworms, aelurostrongylus, paragonimiasis, strongyles, and strongyloides that can be administered to sheep, cattle, horses, fish, dogs, cats, rabbits, most reptiles, freshwater shrimp tanks as planaria and hydra treatments, as well as seals.
lol cool

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Fix posted:

Only 80 kids died in the last month, according to the AAP, bringing the total to 460 since the start of the pandemic. 6500 in the next two and a half months seems unlikely.
As I recall the numbers/math was:
"75% of all children under 12 will be infected with COVID-19 thanks to schools opening up.
napkin math that only accounts for deaths, not long COVID:
48,000,000 children unable to be vaxxed
75% of that is 36,000,000
death rate for delta is between .00 and .03, lets split the diff at .02, for pessimism and red states are probably under reporting
7200 dead kids."

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

I dug deeper, and she just posted a YouTube blog last week where she reveals her brother recently killed himself, and her entire family got COVID right after, and then her mom died from COVID:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZJc34zXh-0

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

"had received the vaccine" is interesting word choice that implies he wasn't fully vaccinated

whenever anyone vaccinated gets the disease its always word games in the media, because no outlet wants to be called anti-vaxx

it's always described as "says they were vaccinated," or "believe to have been vaccinated"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

100 degrees Calcium posted:

My workplace is literally giving us a "15 minute" guideline. If you weren't next to someone with covid for 15 minutes, then you weren't next to someone with covid. What the absolute gently caress? That's not how it works, is it?

That's the CDC guidelines and it trickled down to replace better government and workplace rules. I'd like to once again say "gently caress Gavin" for personally interfering with the CalOSHA rule that defined any time including passing contact as a vector of infection. He wanted to be in line with Biden. My company has now had roughly 25% of its workforce infected. I'm glad I'm mostly WFH, but half of our employees aren't so lucky.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao. i cannot wait to see this update after a week or more of backlog
lol they just updated it through to the 10th

oof

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Atrocious Joe posted:

whenever anyone vaccinated gets the disease its always word games in the media, because no outlet wants to be called anti-vaxx

it's always described as "says they were vaccinated," or "believe to have been vaccinated"

I think you're reading too much into it. "they were vaccinated" probably meant just that.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Fix posted:

We were at 402 on the 19th of August.

so 18 months to get to 400 deaths and then in _one month_ we added nearly 60 more?

that's real, real bad. we're just starting to see kids get infected on a huge scale from back to school now too

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Unless the rest of the world takes measures to stop SARS-CoV-2 (they won't), China will eventually see a large-scale delta (or other variant) wave. It's just too contagious. China isn't going to permanently shut down all international travel; that doesn't serve the owner class. From my understanding there has been some local transmission in China again, which sucks rear end. I think it's just a matter of time. China didn't fail their people, the world failed China (and the rest of us who wanted far more strict measures).

China will roll out a delta-specific version of one of their vaccines and keep on trucking. Meanwhile in the West, we're told that millions of dead and millions more permanently damaged with this loving virus being a permanent part of the human experience from now on is no big deal.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Tzen posted:

lol they just updated it through to the 10th

oof

so 117 cases in the first week of school. this is with strict masking. yowza

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1437491543347245058?s=19

Another backdated near 1k deaths lol.

Where can I go to see the chart with the backdated deaths?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Mr. Lobe posted:

This is NOT a place of honor

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

the calls for open jacinda are deafening

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

yeah this is seriously hosed

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

China will roll out a delta-specific version of one of their vaccines and keep on trucking. Meanwhile in the West, we're told that millions of dead and millions more permanently damaged with this loving virus being a permanent part of the human experience from now on is no big deal.

have there been any discussions in china about mandatory vaccinations? i haven't been following vaccination policy in china closely, but from what I've seen they're currently at like a 60%+ total vaccination rate (not bad, but def not good)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tzen posted:

yeah this is seriously hosed

think of all the immunity they are developing!! a sick child is basically like a vaccinated grandparent, afterall

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I submitted my 2 weeks notice this morning.

:feelsgood:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lenin Stimpy posted:

have there been any discussions in china about mandatory vaccinations? i haven't been following vaccination policy in china closely, but from what I've seen they're currently at like a 60%+ total vaccination rate (not bad, but def not good)

There was that one video of that lady being mandatorily vaccinated

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/1blumoon198/status/1437496215004979201

"Please kill my child"

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
are chinas vaccines actually uh good

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

mod sassinator posted:

haha my county had 237 in one day :D

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Yeah 7k dead kids is unlikely. Lol that's the strongest statement you can make about it. Yeah it's unlikely. It is totally 100 percent in the realm of possibility. Lmao. We're doing absolutely nothing about it. Haha

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I feel like I'm disney stupid enough to answer this:

the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Magic Kingdom is a pretty big deal to a lot of us and it's on October 1st. I'm pretty crushed I won't be there but being alive is a hell of a lot more important.

WDW is always changing and there's always something new to do, so you get into this yearly visit cycle where it's safe, the rides are pretty reliable, and you pay through the nose for cool nostalgia plus there's a few new, neat things you wanna see.

E: I spent my disney money on sheep this year and they're really cool little sheep.

The Magic Kingdom opening the month after the US government massacre of the Attica uprising is real proof the US being a demon cracker nation

That's some satanic poo poo right there

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

poll plane variant posted:

are chinas vaccines actually uh good

obviously, they're good enough lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

kaxman posted:

Yeah 7k dead kids is unlikely. Lol that's the strongest statement you can make about it. Yeah it's unlikely. It is totally 100 percent in the realm of possibility. Lmao. We're doing absolutely nothing about it. Haha

You can't prevent an endemic disease.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Petey posted:

results came back

so in context of what their test measures for NIOSH N95s, feel pretty good about the airpops

gently caress yea, Petey you tha’ man.

I got my wife wearing these because they are a poo poo ton more comfortable and look a lot better than the NIOSH n95s I have. May not matter to respirator crew but I’ll take the win for sure

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
On the bright side this means they won't take up ICU beds

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1437462941100646405?s=20

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I submitted my 2 weeks notice this morning.

:feelsgood:

hell yeah

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Tzen posted:

lmao sure why not
might as well do another area 51 raid while they're at it

:reject: come and take them. the aliens, that is. free the aliens

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

As I recall the numbers/math was:
"75% of all children under 12 will be infected with COVID-19 thanks to schools opening up.
napkin math that only accounts for deaths, not long COVID:
48,000,000 children unable to be vaxxed
75% of that is 36,000,000
death rate for delta is between .00 and .03, lets split the diff at .02, for pessimism and red states are probably under reporting
7200 dead kids."

We're at 5.3 million cumulative pediatric covid cases thus far. It is unlikely that you will see 36 million new cases in the next two and a half months. The death rate thus far is holding at .01% (according to the AAP).

Never mind that the death rate in 12 and under is far lower than in the age ranges considered by the AAP's spreadsheets, which go as high as age 20 in some states and 19 in most.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

the dude had covid. fully vaccinated and it still was rough :/ he made it through: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jeff-bridges-says-he-got-covid-while-chemo-it-made-n1279072

“The Dude” posted:

Bridges said Monday that until recently, he has needed oxygen assistance to walk around. "The sound of it reminds me of Darth Vader," he said.

But with the help of therapy, Bridges said, he was able to meet his goal of walking his daughter, Hayley, down the aisle at her wedding. Bridges was also able to enjoy the father-daughter dance with his daughter "without oxygen," he shared, along with a sweet video of the moment.

Just needed a little therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Had a doctor appt today, one of those big doctor's office complexes that's part of a hospital complex. Masks are required inside the building*

*oh unless you're that one guy in the waiting room that brought his lunch so you can just eat no problem

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa