Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Thoguh posted:

On the bright side this means they won't take up ICU beds

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1437462941100646405?s=20

Love the idea that nurses are compensated based on their kill count.

mystes
May 31, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

Had a doctor appt today, one of those big doctor's office complexes that's part of a hospital complex. Masks are required inside the building*

*oh unless you're that one guy in the waiting room that brought his lunch so you can just eat no problem

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Masks required... Unless you're eating your complimentary waiting room bread sticks courtesy of olive garden.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

tangy yet delightful posted:

Had a doctor appt today, one of those big doctor's office complexes that's part of a hospital complex. Masks are required inside the building*

*oh unless you're that one guy in the waiting room that brought his lunch so you can just eat no problem

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The terms of our agreement with COVID say that you can neither catch or give anyone COVID while eating so I don't see the problem here. It's all spelled out and signed by all parties.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

net work error posted:

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1437491543347245058?s=19

Another backdated near 1k deaths lol.

Where can I go to see the chart with the backdated deaths?

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1437136126582603782

florida is working hard. thank you.

:rip:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Fix posted:

We're at 5.3 million cumulative pediatric covid cases thus far. It is unlikely that you will see 36 million new cases in the next two and a half months. The death rate thus far is holding at .01% (according to the AAP).

Never mind that the death rate in 12 and under is far lower than in the age ranges considered by the AAP's spreadsheets, which go as high as age 20 in some states and 19 in most.

That's good to hear. Thanks. It's still a massacre of the innocents and something that in a sane society would lead to riots and mobs dragging people out of their homes, but eh.
Do we have any data on what he rate of long COVID is in under 12s?

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

As I recall the numbers/math was:
"75% of all children under 12 will be infected with COVID-19 thanks to schools opening up.
napkin math that only accounts for deaths, not long COVID:
48,000,000 children unable to be vaxxed
75% of that is 36,000,000
death rate for delta is between .00 and .03, lets split the diff at .02, for pessimism and red states are probably under reporting
7200 dead kids."

Death rate is probably significantly lower than that since I imagine there's lots of asymptomatic kids that never get tested, at least at higher rates than adult asymps that don't get tested.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Looks like we solved the nuclear wastewater problem.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

All but 88 of the newly reported deaths — about 91% — occurred since Aug. 16, according to the Herald analysis.

About 57% of the newly reported died in the past two weeks, the analysis showed. The majority of deaths happened during Florida’s latest surge in COVID-19 cases, fueled by the delta variant.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

poll plane variant posted:

are chinas vaccines actually uh good

When combined with their hard-line quarantine, testing, and mask rules they are.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

so 18 months to get to 400 deaths and then in _one month_ we added nearly 60 more?

Gods, no.

It was 3 weeks.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I like how prominent this dude is, and he's too dumb to figure out the better argument to convince libs is to say that vaccinating the already infected is a booster.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Tzen posted:

yeah this is seriously hosed

IDK - I was expecting much worse. It's hard to say what the basal level of infection is in Seattle vs. what might be from being in the school. Would we expect 0.13% of the 51K staff and students to get Covid anyway from family or other places? I'm surprised they have individual schools there, but I'm glad they do. I guess we'll really see if there is a ramp of infections next week. lol.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

when the gently caress is james bond the wolf warrior gonna break into this prick's secret compound and shoot him already

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-horse-dewormer-192053902.html

quote:

"It always wasn't like this. You don't get to live to 80 years old automatically. It's done with science," he added. "The reason we live longer is because of science."

The radio host doubled down on his stance that unvaccinated people should be refused treatment at hospitals.

"We're trapped in a country with imbeciles," he added. "Guess what? When we get COVID, we don't end up in the hospitals so we don't overload the hospitals. So what did I say? We have no time for idiots in this country anymore. We don't want you. We want you to all, either go to the hospital and stay home, die there with your COVID. Don't take the cure, but don't clog up our hospitals with your covid when you finally get it. Stay home, don't bother with science, it's too late. Go f**** yourself, we just don't have time for you."

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

They only say it is not a place of honor to hide all the good poo poo there.

We must go to see what highly esteemed deeds are commemorated

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Fix posted:

Gods, no.

It was 3 weeks.

something doesn't add up

august 19th, 402 deaths:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3976692&pagenumber=1029&perpage=40#post517705129

now (barely a month later), 460 deaths:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3976692&pagenumber=1028&perpage=40#post517704983

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Fix posted:

We're at 5.3 million cumulative pediatric covid cases thus far. It is unlikely that you will see 36 million new cases in the next two and a half months. The death rate thus far is holding at .01% (according to the AAP).

Never mind that the death rate in 12 and under is far lower than in the age ranges considered by the AAP's spreadsheets, which go as high as age 20 in some states and 19 in most.

No seeing that many new cases in the next couple months isn't unlikely

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-horse-dewormer-192053902.html

howard stern also coming around to the idea of re-education camps for those who need it :getin:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lastgirl posted:

how do i make a retractable mask like this

get KF94 masks

buy mason jar lid straw ports

cut holes in masks and squeeze in the ports

shop around for slightly larger than average straws (8mm) so that you can fit them in without gaps

go out and drink and smoke (safely)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I listened to one of those Joe Rogan podcasts with the Ivermectin guests because I thought it’d be funny, and now I feel doomed. Joe Rogan is not funny to me anymore lol he’s like if you hit Alex Jones in the head with a brick, but with a way larger audience.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This pandemic really did mark the transition to the Chinese century and it's not even debatable.

pff, they'll be lucky if they get 50 years before the water wars start.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

hey now

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

TheMightyBoops posted:

I listened to one of those Joe Rogan podcasts with the Ivermectin guests because I thought it’d be funny, and now I feel doomed. Joe Rogan is not funny to me anymore lol he’s like if you hit Alex Jones in the head with a brick, but with a way larger audience.

Joe Rogan 2024

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Have you guys thought about how loving strange people have gotten since the vaccines came out

Like, during the holiday wave people just defied good judgment by getting together, and then they did their little intubation thing and died. Ever since the vaccines came out though, the conspiracy theories and alternative medicines have gotten more and more outrageous. The arrival of an effective treatment just broke their brains. It's weird

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Remember when people were like "at least Trump made people politically aware so maybe things will finally change for the better?"

Now politically aware America is sending their kids to death camps so they can day drink at a cafe.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Have you guys thought about how loving strange people have gotten since the vaccines came out

Like, during the holiday wave people just defied good judgment by getting together, and then they did their little intubation thing and died. Ever since the vaccines came out though, the conspiracy theories and alternative medicines have gotten more and more outrageous. The arrival of an effective treatment just broke their brains. It's weird

i think jacking up how quickly delta spreads over previous variants has made putting your head in the sand even less effective, and it shows.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

i think jacking up how quickly delta spreads over previous variants has made putting your head in the sand even less effective, and it shows.

Oh, yeah, I guess Delta's a big part of it. I've known some vaccine holdouts who finally caved, and I think it was largely because they've known so many people who've died of it recently. If they hadn't caved, they'd have to process it some other way, which would be conspiracies and horse dewormer.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I mean after the vaccines came out and the alpha wave started to subside I was feeling kind of optimistic about the efficacy of the vaccines and everything. I feel like a lot of people concluded the pandemic was over during that time

I think the delta resurgence after the "end" of the alpha wave and the lovely conflicting guidance from the government is what is driving people extra insane this time

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/miamiherald/status/1437504510751031299?s=21

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I wonder if including a picture of someone being vaccinated in these articles is a deliberate decision to get people who are squeamish about needles to just scroll right past it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Also Trump is no longer president, so they've lost a lot of the security they had last year. They're basically on their own in the wilderness.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shifty Nipples posted:

I wonder if including a picture of someone being vaccinated in these articles is a deliberate decision to get people who are squeamish about needles to just scroll right past it

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1437412578347532288

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think the delta resurgence after the "end" of the alpha wave and the lovely conflicting guidance from the government is what is driving people extra insane this time

They can't square that everything is back to normal when it comes to you going to work, but still require caution when it comes to recreation.

Because why would 'THEY' be trying to make us continue wearing masks and social distancing if the pandemic is not a big enough deal to effect what time I have to be on the highway to get to work every morning?

(this is why class and material analysis are the best tether to reality you can ask for- this all makes perfect sense if you have no problem viewing the people running things as eagerly cranking the handle of a meat grinder that turns human wellbeing into surplus value)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

kaxman posted:

No seeing that many new cases in the next couple months isn't unlikely

We'd have to jump to 450,000 new cases per day every day from now until then in the 12 and under cohort alone.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

They can't square that everything is back to normal when it comes to you going to work, but still require caution when it comes to recreation.

Because why would 'THEY' be trying to make us continue wearing masks and social distancing if the pandemic is not a big enough deal to effect what time I have to be on the highway to get to work every morning?

(this is why class and material analysis are the best tether to reality you can ask for- this all makes perfect sense if you have no problem viewing the people running things as eagerly cranking the handle of a meat grinder that turns human wellbeing into surplus value)

Instead of that I am instead going to construct elaborate conspiracies, the idea its all about money is too scary!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Looking at the mostly Black suburbs South of Chicago, and vaccination rates in a lot of them are under 40%
https://ccdphcd.shinyapps.io/covid19/

The is for the full series of the initial vaccine
Robbins - 32.9%
Dolton - 34.5%
Justice - 37.6%
Markham - 32.4%
Harvey - 28.5%
Dixmoor - 15.6%
Calumet City - 34.2%
Calumet Park - 39.4%

Congrats to Country Club Hill, for the highest rate I can find in the area
Country Club Hills - 42.7%

Reminder that the people that make US policy know that programs that people have to opt into are less likely to be used, especially by poor people and oppressed groups. It's a policy choice by Trump and Biden to vaccinate less Black people.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

is there a good source of US deaths by age over time? we aren’t near the heights of the previous waves, but it seems like we are hearing more about the deaths and there is a much stronger story with them. maybe most of the previous deaths were the really old, not terminally online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I don't follow. Just go to the AAP mortality data. They added approximately 60 deaths over 3 weeks, and about 80 over 4.