Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

We nearly lost this entire website because a cabal of posters became convinced that they could identify and eliminate a different cabal of wrong posters.
On the other hand the mods are in fact very bad at getting rid of bad posters without a major fuss being raised. See the vtuber thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

doingitwrong posted:

We nearly lost this entire website because a cabal of posters became convinced that they could identify and eliminate a different cabal of wrong posters.

The Stadia thread has been put on vacation multiple times because left to itself it turns rancid.

I do not think that Stux should be driven off because long clowns interrupted the otherwise scintillating exchange of sick burns re: dumb things copied and pasted from Reddit.

Helldump was better than mod and admin inaction at this rate

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah it's seeming like the "eliminate that group of posters" people have turned their ire towards getting rid of specific threads instead of trying to say there's a whole subforum full of terrorists or whatever the deal was. I don't think whole threads should be gassed just because the mods can't or won't keep up with table-breaking shitposts though.

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
Have you mock thread posters considered posting with joy in your heart instead of splitting your time between 10 "complain about video game" threads and 3 "complain about video game threads" threads? The constantly reinforced negativity probably has a lot to do with how tedious your posting is.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

having posting in/lurked some of the same threads as stux, i'd perhaps examine the situation that the baseline quality of discussion is generally so banal that any mildly inflammatory post instantly grabs all the attention.

stux can be defeated in two clicks, you just have to have the courage to do so. "but people will still quote him!" unfortunate, scroll on by
A lot of people have already done this though. Stux is the 15th most ignored user on these forums.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

If the mods can't keep up with me making GBS threads up a thread, that thread should be gassed!

Or something.

Also I'm not on a "ban Stux" thing, I'm on a "ban problematic lovely posters with a history of problematic lovely posting who drive off actual good posters" and "do some goddamn moderating and adminning on a site who's whole selling point is being moderated and administrated" thing.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah it's seeming like the "eliminate that group of posters" people have turned their ire towards getting rid of specific threads instead of trying to say there's a whole subforum full of terrorists or whatever the deal was. I don't think whole threads should be gassed just because the mods can't or won't keep up with table-breaking shitposts though.

Nobody is trying to "eliminate" people for having a stadia thread, log off

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
This is Games so we should settle the argument of bans through something Games related. Death match? Competitive match 3? High stakes rock paper scissor?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux is good, though his game opinions are bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont think funny posts should be probated, personally

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Brian Worms posted:

Have you mock thread posters considered posting with joy in your heart instead of splitting your time between 10 "complain about video game" threads and 3 "complain about video game threads" threads? The constantly reinforced negativity probably has a lot to do with how tedious your posting is.

Yeah this

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Mr. Trampoline posted:

A lot of people have already done this though. Stux is the 15th most ignored user on these forums.

precedent has been set

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

This is Games so we should settle the argument of bans through something Games related. Death match? Competitive match 3? High stakes rock paper scissor?

i believe the traditional option is 3rd strike

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

On the other hand the mods are in fact very bad at getting rid of bad posters without a major fuss being raised. See the vtuber thread.

i don't think some bush league trolling is all that comparable to the vtuber threads

dreffen posted:

Helldump was better than mod and admin inaction at this rate

similarly i don't think advocating for the doxxing forum is particularly appropriate

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Remember when three garbage posters went against each other in Q3A or something and it was over in five minutes? I can't remember who partook of it, virtualboycolor maybe

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Looper posted:

similarly i don't think advocating for the doxxing forum is particularly appropriate

You're not wrong at all. I think mods and admins doing what they're tasked to do is appropriate, and good - I'd rather it be that. Some just can't, or won't.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just checking in to note that I am reading this thread, and I have also read the PMs sent to me about Stux and Stadia, but I'm taking some time before I reply for a couple reasons:

1. I have a gut feeling on the situation but I want to actually think it through before I go posting something that ends up being inflammatory, confusing, or contradictory. I've been there before. In this very thread. Probably multiple times in the last few pages!

2. I'm starting to feel weird being the only Games mod weighing in on stuff like this and I'm wary that it seems like I'm speaking for the whole moderation team, which I can't and don't intend to. I'd like to see if VG and/or Nikkolas have thoughts before I go monologuing at length about what I think.

Not gonna close the thread and I'll keep reading it, just wanted to let you know why I haven't responded yet and might not for a little bit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Brian Worms posted:

This is the real way to feeling better online

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Looper posted:

i don't think some bush league trolling is all that comparable to the vtuber threads
It isn't but neither is the KM situation to any of this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking as someone who has been stuxed a good dozen times in the past, it's very funny when people get insanely riled up over him hating breath of the wild or whatever

The actual bits he does range between unfunny and tedious though and should probably be hit by more than sixers. Though on the other hand, the edits that went into his rap sheet when he did his nightly stadia thread post were very funny.

There is no need to actually ban stux because people (including me, sometimes) lose their mind that he likes different video games than them

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
To hopefully bring you some perspective see how absolutely loving whiny you get after lightly trolling one of the worst threads on sa and then tell me why wouldnt anyone deliberately provoke you.
I posted in your completely aids infested blizzard shithole like 4 times only one of them intentionally trying to stir you up and youre still talking about it like it was your own personal holocaust. Oh no the sanctity of talking 24/7 about how xbox/blizzard/star citizen/stadia loving sucks and how glad were not like those reddit losers over and over. Get over yourself you bitch. You should all be violently eviscerated with HEAVY MACHINEGUN, ROCKET LAUNCHER and IRON LIZARD as soon as possible

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Saxophone posted:

Also I'm not on a "ban Stux" thing, I'm on a "ban problematic lovely posters with a history of problematic lovely posting who drive off actual good posters"

Quoting this part specifically for truth. This is the choice being made in allowing people with clear patterns of being an unrepentant rear end in a top hat to stick around.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I would rather post with "trolls" than the kissless losers that make their entire personalities reddit tier mock threads about things they hate

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Doublestep posted:

I would rather post with "trolls" than the kissless losers that make their entire personalities reddit tier mock threads about things they hate

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stux has that funny post like once every fifty posts but that one post is worth the 49 bad posts

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ArfJason posted:

To hopefully bring you some perspective see how absolutely loving whiny you get after lightly trolling one of the worst threads on sa and then tell me why wouldnt anyone deliberately provoke you.
I posted in your completely aids infested blizzard shithole like 4 times only one of them intentionally trying to stir you up and youre still talking about it like it was your own personal holocaust. Oh no the sanctity of talking 24/7 about how xbox/blizzard/star citizen/stadia loving sucks and how glad were not like those reddit losers over and over. Get over yourself you bitch. You should all be violently eviscerated with HEAVY MACHINEGUN, ROCKET LAUNCHER and IRON LIZARD as soon as possible

Its just that simple.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Make me a mod and I will decide fates through the ultimate game, the game of Heads and Tails "miles" Prowler.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Please keep this away from attacking other posters over differences in forums posting opinions. You can disagree on moderation style and what is/isn't working but consider this a warning to stop any personal attacks now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ArfJason posted:

have you considered that stadia is very bad

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Remember when problematic meant like sex ciminals and poo poo, before people used it to describe someone who posted a big picture of the joker or whatever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

brand engager posted:

Remember when problematic meant like sex ciminals and poo poo, before people used it to describe someone who posted a big picture of the joker or whatever

well, it was a very big picture

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the idea that not banning a few specific shitposters is somehow driving away a bunch of good posters, that sounds made up to me. what amazing community members are leaving forever because Arf said AIDS?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

All this (frankly, I think, bizarre) hatred of mock threads is beside the point. What I see is a poster is being really lovely and has been for a long, long time, and nothing substantial is been done to stop him, so he's intentionally ramping it up. That sucks. And apparently it's going to be ok to shitpost a thread into oblivion as long as the thread is not currently very active. That also sucks.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Andrast posted:

have you considered that stadia is very bad

back in the good old days if something was bad you simply did not talk about it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

It isn't but neither is the KM situation to any of this.

what is KM?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Looper posted:

what is KM?

I believe it's the two-letter abbreviation for the East African country of Comoros

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ImpZone is leaking.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
...the trolling is coming from inside the thread!!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Harrow posted:

Just checking in to note that I am reading this thread, and I have also read the PMs sent to me about Stux and Stadia, but I'm taking some time before I reply for a couple reasons:

1. I have a gut feeling on the situation but I want to actually think it through before I go posting something that ends up being inflammatory, confusing, or contradictory. I've been there before. In this very thread. Probably multiple times in the last few pages!

2. [b]I'm starting to feel weird being the only Games mod weighing in on stuff like this and I'm wary that it seems like I'm speaking for the whole moderation team[b], which I can't and don't intend to. I'd like to see if VG and/or Nikkolas have thoughts before I go monologuing at length about what I think.

Not gonna close the thread and I'll keep reading it, just wanted to let you know why I haven't responded yet and might not for a little bit.

You are, and it's appreciated that you're weighing in, and I get it feeling weird.

But, like, why aren't they weighing in? This all comes back around to my comments about mod and admin inaction - this isn't a paying job, so if someone isn't going to step up, why bother even being in that position at all? Let someone do it who will actually do it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Maybe I’m the weirdo but I feel like if someone has 50+ 6ers on their rap sheet, maybe they should just be banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Looper posted:

what is KM?
Koala's March which I assumed was the cabal being referred to shutting down FYAD.