Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

there's a special place in hell for four person all red rank swfs who all bring purple flashlights with iri bulb and purple lens with the express purpose of gen rushing while 1-2 of them constantly blind the killer the moment they down anyone or attempt to chase them off a gen

yes this is very specific and yes i am a little mad that SBMM decided that was a fair matchup on a killer i've barely used and didnt even have any tier 3 perks on yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm still convinced that they didn't actually put an MMR system in and just used this as an excuse to hide ranks.

Yeah its in. Every single "Rank 1" match I have now is try hard without exception. I miss having one or two games chill before going back into the swf killsquads.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Mix. posted:

there's a special place in hell for four person all red rank swfs who all bring purple flashlights with iri bulb and purple lens with the express purpose of gen rushing while 1-2 of them constantly blind the killer the moment they down anyone or attempt to chase them off a gen

Running lightborn when I see 2+ flashlights has become a routine of mine. Works wonders at making them waste their time for the first attempts.

Bonus points if they resort to body blocking and I have mad grit on.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Franklin's is funnier since they'll just keep doubling back for their goddamn flashlight until they die from it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
franklins should be baseline :getin:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I always run it if I got it. Even if you lose, you win.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

While franklin's is a funny one to bring, it feels more worth it when there are more flashlights than medkits or toolkits. Or do both, with a green hand offering, just to tell the survivors that they're playing your game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

French Accent posted:

While franklin's is a funny one to bring, it feels more worth it when there are more flashlights than medkits or toolkits. Or do both, with a green hand offering, just to tell the survivors that they're playing your game.

Running Franklin's for toolboxes depends on whether I'm thinking they brought a lot of Brand New Parts.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The problem with Franklin's vs toolboxes is that survivors will spawn on top of gens and use all their toolbox charges before you get there. It's wonderful for robbing people of their medkits though. Games go much smoother when everyone doesn't have a free health state on tap

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I've had a couple "tea bag at the gates" matches where they've lost their items because I got a hit in with Franklin's.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medkits are almost always mathed out to being exactly X health states, so even a nanosecond on the ground fucks the survivor. It's great.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yet another reason why you should just run Inner Strength and clean a bone pile for your self-heal

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

clean a bone pile

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I do kind of wonder how survivor MMR is calculated, since I just envision my typical game as survivor (do 3-4 gens on my own, get downed, get left to die through two hook stages) as the game declaring I am Bad and those other three who profited off me as Good

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Rank reset means I get to do a whole bunch of adept challenges :toot:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

French Accent posted:

Rank reset means I get to do a whole bunch of adept challenges :toot:

I mean, there's no reason why you would need to wait for reset anymore

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It's easier to get Merciless at lower ranks, since the requirements are lower, regardless of SBMM

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

wow i had no idea merciless was tied to pipping versus your emblem quality in general. what a weird function

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Killer adepts at red or whatever now are like the most joyless, awful thing ever and I'm disappointed I never thought to just do some at lower ranks lol

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Did anyone NOT get the rank rewards? Mine didn't show up. I'm not sure what I'd get on killer because I've been playing survivor mainly but I was Gold I on survivor

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Comfortador posted:

Did anyone NOT get the rank rewards? Mine didn't show up. I'm not sure what I'd get on killer because I've been playing survivor mainly but I was Gold I on survivor

Anyone who was playing at the time of reset didn't get them from what I heard.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

fool of sound posted:

Anyone who was playing at the time of reset didn't get them from what I heard.

I wasn't playing, I logged in after Medullah told me how much he got. Weird.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Would you be surprised to hear it's a bug and they are Looking Into It?

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1437400873609609216

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Excited to log in for my free 250k "sorry for the rank reset reward bug" bloodpoints even though I didn't play last month.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Would you be surprised to hear it's a bug and they are Looking Into It?

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1437400873609609216

Why can't it be like a bug where they accidentally give everyone 6 million BPs or something. IT'S ALWAYS BAD!!!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Comfortador posted:

Why can't it be like a bug where they accidentally give everyone 6 million BPs or something. IT'S ALWAYS BAD!!!

Hey the RPD bug was good because it allowed you to escape from RPD.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
no one escapes RPD if the killer knows where the basement is

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
500k SorryPoints

:discourse:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Played both killer and survivor games today and been compeltely hosed each time. i hate myself, the game, other players, and myself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So after just a little time now, multiple streamers I talk to have pretty much all said, SBMM has made survivor more fun feeling mostly, while killer feels way shittier than ever and that mostly checks out lol

One guy I watch a lot last night just got game after game after game of super sweaty last second key, toolbox etc. switching whole rooms and sounded like they wanted to die by the end of it, like good lord.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 13, 2021

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It's brought the survivor advantage at high level play into sharp focus for sure.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
i think it’s a perception thing, but it’s loving with my head how it feels like it takes forever to catch up to survivors when they run in straight lines vs. how long it takes killers to catch up with me when i’m doing the same.

i’m just now starting to play survivor after being rank 1 killer with 400 hours, thinking that i would be able to use the stuff i learned and it turns out i was so wrong.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just bought DBD, as well as the meyers, ghost face, and pyramid head dlcs which were also on sale. I'm really excited to dig into the game. I've been watching a ton of videos and I think I have a decent grasp on how to get started, but man this game seems obtuse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

Just bought DBD, as well as the meyers, ghost face, and pyramid head dlcs which were also on sale. I'm really excited to dig into the game. I've been watching a ton of videos and I think I have a decent grasp on how to get started, but man this game seems obtuse.

Buy Leatherface. He's an easy killer to use, has a perk that is beneficial to anyone else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

It's definitely a game that's been like, built vertically without ever expanding the base much. Also yeah Leatherface is a pro buy nowadays, he used to be purely a perk battery character for BBQ & Chili, but he's actually fun and usable now too.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I had a rough time as killer, never thought I would ever click with it - then I bought Leatherface a few days ago. After I done well with him I even switched to The Huntress, Spirit, Hillbilly and Pyramidhead to get some dailies and owned bones with 4 kills on all of them. I suppose part of it is the luck about which survivors you get but I don't feel like I'm being punked any more. The Spirit seems like a real tough one to get the hang of.

I want to get to Rank 70 on the archives in 29 days - currently at 30. Don't think I'll make it.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Comfortador posted:

Once there was somr unclaimed purchase notification bug that randomly handed out $10 worth of auric cells to a fuckton of players.

We even got to keep em... though likely only cause BHVRs wasn't competent enough to tell who got what & separate accidental from intended recipients.

Different, but there was also somewhat recently this wonderful graphics glitch that allowed players to mix and match their cosmetics outside of their "sets."

Naturally the fuckers worked hard & fast to fix any means of activating this awesome, harmless bug everyone prefered over the dumb, often arbitrary restrictions.

Hell, they even fixed it before addressing some major game ruining issues going on at the time. Can't remember exactly which set of major game bugs it was though. Maybe the always hitting though pallets thing?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Hell, they even fixed it before addressing some major game ruining issues going on at the time. Can't remember exactly which set of major game bugs it was though. Maybe the always hitting though pallets thing?

I thiiink that was around that time yeah, where pallet drops didn't stun a whole lot of the time and you'd just slide off them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think the outfit "good bug" had to be fixed quickly because they have pretty strict appearance contracts for their licensed characters. But that said, there's zero reason to lock outfits for their original characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Boy I sure hope they fix Legion soon playing them feels like dogshit right now because of how bugged they are

(for those not aware Frenzy accidentally had its FOV shut off so there's no illusion about how slow you actually are while in it and its just. legitimately disgusting feeling lol. Also there was apparently a bug where sometimes you'd down people with frenzy but they hotfixed that poo poo. ...also sometimes your killer instinct just doesnt work right.)