Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

NienNunb posted:

I’ve been thinking and I think one of the stables on the Matrix AEW show should be a Blade team

An Underworld stable would be good for Matrix Dark, but would always job on the main Matrix AEW show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Darby is way more over than Cage has ever been

Cage's ceiling is "drat that muscle freak does have sick matches." Getting him out of this feud'll help but it doesn't change that he's got 0 juice as a face. The best thing you could do for him is have him as a regularly featured wrestler on TV, but that'd probably mean protecting him way less than you have to this point, so it's a give-and-take situation

Okay this was totally on purpose.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope Punk does a match at Grand Slam. I know All Out was last Sunday but my brain feels like it was three weeks ago.

imo the Grand Slam card should be something like

AEW Women's World Championship: Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. (c) vs. Ruby Soho
Malakai Black vs. Cody
MJF vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
The Elite (Omega, Bucks, Cole) vs. Jurassic Express, Christian Cage and Bryan Danielson
CM Punk vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston vs. Minoru Suzuki and Lance Archer

Dynamite usually only does 5 matches, they only do 6 when one is really short but MJF/Pillman can be all it needs to in like 4 minutes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cage is too roided up to be a babyface. Imo

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

imo the Grand Slam card should be something like
man that's a good card, here's hoping

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Seams posted:

Cage is too roided up to be a babyface. Imo

but john cena is the ultimate babyface

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also as long as I'm fantasy booking, Miro lays out Eddie and puts him in the Game Over after the Suzuki-gun match, then they do Eddie vs. Miro 2 on Rampage and God's Favorite Champion eats that DDT and stares up at the lights, brother.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That Cage promo would probably be good in the hands of someone who can deliver it well, varies their speaking speed, and who takes breaths every now and then.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Matt Hardy: Wife guy

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1437529513173393411

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I want Queen Aminata on every show

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Go loving watch Lee Moriarty vs Daniel Garcia

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1437560546870575106

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
We had Cole Watch, currently we have Kevin Watch and Sami Watch, but now.....

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1437559538488680448?s=19

:siren: WE HAVE GARGANO WATCH! :siren:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gargano staring at his hands and doing 8 million kickouts kinda ruined NXT for me, but I guess he'd probably be pretty good in AEW? I guess?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

He can stay or go to roh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1437559227644514304

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

Gargano staring at his hands and doing 8 million kickouts kinda ruined NXT for me, but I guess he'd probably be pretty good in AEW? I guess?
He'd be a fun midcard heel but I'm not sure he'd be happy with that.

If you look at the deals coming up around then he's the bottom of the list...

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Legit dope af.

Hook vs Punk Let’s loving go!!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

We had Cole Watch, currently we have Kevin Watch and Sami Watch, but now.....

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1437559538488680448?s=19

:siren: WE HAVE GARGANO WATCH! :siren:

i'm all for the Best Friends getting even bigger, now if only they could free Drew Gulak

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think Gargano is the last remaining NXT guy I'd be interested in AEW poaching? I know people link him to NXT style becoming a parody of itself, but I wasn't around for the era where his poo poo got beat into the ground and he's still an incredibly talented wrestler who does good character work

(I think he's a better get than Cole, personally)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1437558190237962245

:eyepop:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Aye Doc posted:

but john cena is the ultimate babyface

Cage's roid-gut is bigger than Cena's pecs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope this is just them working with small frustrations and blowing them up for the audience

OTOH I really, really wanna see what Cage shooting in a match would look like. :stare:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
as good as this match was, eddie's commentary, including his immaculate running down of bryce that had been building up throughout the night, may have been better

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I was trying to think on this earlier and really struggled to come up with an answer I liked.

If it was your job to "fix" Cage and get him over, at least to some degree, and you know that promos are his big weakness:

Who are some examples of guys who you could maybe point to and try and model his approach to them? Sid was the guy that popped into my head, but I'm not sure he (currently) could pull off that sort of manic energy.
Like, I could see Brian saying the words regarding being the "Master of the Universe", but with Sid...I didn't believe it, but I believed he believed it. Brian often seems way too much like he's just reading lines.

If they felt like poking some fun, they could put him with Cole as his "Keith Lee" for a little bit.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cage would be fine with the Brock template of coming in, wrecking dudes, and having someone do all of his talking for him. As a heel. Never a face.

Gargano in AEW does nothing for me right now. Lots of good memories of him in NXT but he, as others have said, became kind of a parody of himself and NXT to the point of souring on him all together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cage had an opportunity before all the big names came in to blow people away. He had some drat good matches, but he did not blow people away. AEW just added another show, they're smack dab in a reorganization as this new talent comes in, it just seems wild to me that he'd choose now to act like this assuming he's shooting. You can get lost in the shuffle or you can stand out like a sore thumb, and typically only one of those risks burning bridges.

I dunno, I kinda get why he's frustrated but this ain't the way to air it out.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Brian has that himbo energy that the bodybuilder dudes seemed cursed by, maybe it's just his image with the buzzcut and square jaw that he can't escape but he's also not bucking it very hard

it sucks because the guy can absolutely go and seems like he loves the business. maybe he should just be a masked monster that does enigmatic, chaotic poo poo, like a force that seeks to level out the landscape even when it includes really bizarre team ups or betrayals.

letting Ricky beat him out of Team Taz seemed like a mistake but maybe based on his promos during and after he didn't even really want to roll with that group? which is weird because they're consistently involved with upper card poo poo and are one of the better units in the promotion so :shrug:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cage and Hobbs also kinda serve the same role in Team Taz but Hobbs is a fresh talent who is continually improving and has more personality than Cage

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Make him Matt Leblanc in Friends. Or any other Matt Leblanc thing I guess.

Just a big dumb strong meat man with a couple people to hang around him to feed him lines to make funny reactions to.

Then he gets in the ring and gets his poo poo in.

He has the physical charisma and non-verbal stuff down fine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I would deffo lean with Cage being a gentle, sexy giant. Pair him with... *throws darts* you know what? pair him with the Martin brothers as their third. Big, dumb, himbo dad. When the kids are down because they didn't win a big match, he cuts a stale, lame promo... about how they should be powerbombing Nick Comoroto while Dante and Darius look at each other's noodle arms. HFO starts messing with his boys? He'll slam TH2 into each other.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wholesome wrestle dad with a tag team to babysit might actually be a really good role for him

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

stop trying to book Brian Cage as a face and sign Shane Mercer

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Brian Cage should be a Vicious Vixen

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sticky Nate posted:

Fine.

Green body paint.

He's the hulk now.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

OTOH I really, really wanna see what Cage shooting in a match would look like. :stare:

it's cage turning in slow, angry circles as someone walks around him until he gets tired because his arms can't reach you if you're at anything more than a 90 degree angle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Brian Cage shouldn't wrestle, but should be interfering in matches, and the other competitors have to team up to bury him in tables and barricades around the ring and poo poo

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MorningMoon posted:

I would deffo lean with Cage being a gentle, sexy giant. Pair him with... *throws darts* you know what? pair him with the Martin brothers as their third. Big, dumb, himbo dad. When the kids are down because they didn't win a big match, he cuts a stale, lame promo... about how they should be powerbombing Nick Comoroto while Dante and Darius look at each other's noodle arms. HFO starts messing with his boys? He'll slam TH2 into each other.

Welp that's going into my TEW game.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
brian cage should Shut The H*ll Up and prove he's better than people think he is, which is decent overall, generally

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

hell loving yes, i wanna see how much air dante martin can get after the iron demon tosses him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
he should do this by fighting Wardlow in a Loser Leaves Town match