Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chrono Cross Remaster? Be still my beating heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll believe it when I see a trailer, tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

RareAcumen, famous anime hater

It's true, ask me about Kingdom Hearts!

Except don't, because I'll stab your hand with a steak knife if you mention anime near me!

Now to replay good non anime game Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon and watch Fast and Furious 7.

Looper posted:

what the gently caress

The Colonel posted:

sonic is also good

I think Sonic games could be better. Like how the music and cutscenes are pretty much solid ever since , what, Unleashed? Last ones I remember people saying we're good are Colors, Mania and Generations. But all did all my Sonic gaming on the GameCube and haven't been grabbed by anything lately. I saw the movie since I'm already paying for Hulu and it was already on there but that's about it aside from Smash Ultimate.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 14, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Fast and the Furious franchise needs an Onsen scene

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Barudak posted:

The Fast and the Furious franchise needs an Onsen scene

and a beach episode

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Fast and the Furious but it's set at a high school

the movie ends after ten minutes because none of the main characters have a car or a driver's license

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

and a beach episode

That was the Brazil one, especially if you think of a Bank Vault as a really big Watermelon

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Snooze Cruise posted:

doing litmus tests on how anime a japanese property is while crunchyroll and touhou are getting mention in the newspaper funny pages
we have already been left behind

elaborate

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

The Fast and the Furious but it's set at a high school

That was basically Tokyo Drift

Barudak posted:

That was the Brazil one, especially if you think of a Bank Vault as a really big Watermelon

Hm...I'll allow it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Leraika posted:

elaborate

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pretty Cure is a good anime.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

the main problem with Arise is that you start finding fishing spots before you even fight the first boss but you don't unlock the fishing minigame until like 20 hours in

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Crowetron posted:

the main problem with Arise is that you start finding fishing spots before you even fight the first boss but you don't unlock the fishing minigame until like 20 hours in

It's a horrible tease.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

thanks for elaborate

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you don't think half of the subs for Fast and the Furious franchise aren't just "Nakama" you're living in a fantasy world.

And I really want a Fast and the Furious RPG

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Barudak posted:

If you don't think half of the subs for Fast and the Furious franchise aren't just "Nakama" you're living in a fantasy world.

And I really want a Fast and the Furious RPG

Racing Lagoon but with Vin Diesel

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

frankly i have to think that vin diesel would jump headfirst into just about any rpg role you threw at him

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jazerus posted:

frankly i have to think that vin diesel would jump headfirst into just about any rpg role you threw at him

Considering he played D&D with Judi Dench and made that (bad) movie about his character with his own funding, yeah, yeah he would

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

sonic is also good

Consider seeing your doctor for a possible brain tumor.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

Chrono Cross Remaster? Be still my beating heart

Please be reallllll

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Racing Lagoon but with Vin Diesel

I was thinking like, Digital Devil Saga but you turn into cars

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Do you like anything

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Erg posted:

Do you like anything

Yes. Good games.
Also rats. Rats are cool.

EDIT:
To stay on topic here's some RPGs I really liked.
Tales of Berseria
Nier Automata
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dragon's Dogma

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 14, 2021

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Levantine posted:

I found a trick with Poison cubes and Taboo Drops. Basically I made Poison Cube with +3 Quantity and Crystal Elements with +3 Spread Effect. I make Taboo Drops using one black water, one crystal and shove the rest of the cubes into it until it's done. It makes 26 drops which you can disassemble for about 120k gems each go round. Duping cubes is only 2500 each so you can easily max out your count and do a few rounds for half a million gems in about a minute.

I love finding ways to break the game.

What do you recommend on weapons and armor btw? I haven't really messed with traits for any reason yet because I haven't had to.

I used that Special Essence that gives you +1 item to add each time you recipe morph, I believe, then repeated my strategy from Ryza 1: Start from the most basic base version, and shove in as many +ATK ingots as possible.
I ended up with very, very broken weapons - the Bonuses from Ingots were, I believe, higher than the actual attack value of the weapon. For traits, I think I stuck with basic +ATK + SPD - the high +ATK traits, and the +ATK +SPD trait, I believe. I'll boot it up when I'm home and check.
I think there's an equivalent to Avidya Attack in this game? But tbh I've never really mucked about with those special traits, even back in Sophie.

Also, prediction: Atelier Ryza 3 is Ryza going into the Underworld to revitalise it and/or find Fi.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Sep 14, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What nagging trends does Arise discard to make it more palatable to a new audience?
combat that isnt clunky and offputting, not looking like it was made in 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

this is an extremely offputting joke to make because someone said they liked a video game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sonic is good.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Lunar Suite posted:

I used that Special Essence that gives you +1 item to add each time you recipe morph, I believe, then repeated my strategy from Ryza 1: Start from the most basic base version, and shove in as many +ATK ingots as possible.
I ended up with very, very broken weapons - the Bonuses from Ingots were, I believe, higher than the actual attack value of the weapon. For traits, I think I stuck with basic +ATK + SPD - the high +ATK traits, and the +ATK +SPD trait, I believe. I'll boot it up when I'm home and check.
I think there's an equivalent to Avidya Attack in this game? But tbh I've never really mucked about with those special traits, even back in Sophie.

Also, prediction: Atelier Ryza 3 is Ryza going into the Underworld to revitalise it and/or find Fi.

I never ended up using any special traits because I didn't see any worth using, really. On weapons I did Attack++, Skill Charge++ and whatever for the third. The weapons you can create (especially with the DLC weapons) is absolutely absurd. I used the essences to up the "Synth stat X" traits on all my ingots and did the recipe morph chain. I didn't realize there was an essence that raised item amounts with morph or I could have made even more broken ones. When I beat the game everyone had like 900HP, 1100+ ATK and I had items that could easily do 50k as soon as battle started (N/A + Apocalypse w/ Testament Meteor for a total of 5 CC).

I did play with the Evolution effects on accessories and weapons and you can create some cool stuff there. A Goddess Cup on a weapon will give you lifesteal, for example. An Elixir will boost item damage. I really appreciate the game gives you so many easy ways to experiment with this stuff. Once you can create some good Neutralizers you can create some good Crystal Elements and Arc en Ciels. And don't get me started on the 10 element Ancient Philosophers stones that do element spread +4 and hit 3 of 4 element types (you can just make the other element type too if you want).

I hope you're right with Ryza 3 and I hope it's a decent time skip again. One thing I really appreciate about the characters in the game is (minor spoilers for two games endings) how independent they are. They all have lives and tasks and them going their separate ways after each game is bittersweet but it shows so much individual growth as characters. I think that sets it apart for me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Please be reallllll

that leak also mentioned a final fantasy remaster (boring) and a final fantasy 9 remake (what in gods name)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would play the FF9 remake and the Chrono Cross remaster

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

babypolis posted:

that leak also mentioned a final fantasy remaster (boring) and a final fantasy 9 remake (what in gods name)

Aren’t FF 1-6 already announced to be remastered?

Edit: 7 already remastered in addition to remade.

8 already remastered.

10 and 10-2 remastered

12 remastered

13 - 13-3 ???

I may be the only person who wants all the 13s on switch, so definitely worth doing it in my opinion.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 14, 2021

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it came out in july iirc. i probably ought to know since I bought it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

1-3 anyway, 4 came out last week and 5 and 6 are tbd

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

babypolis posted:

And a Final Fantasy Tactics remaster. I’d be content with War of the Lions with the slowdown/sound issues fixed and added trophy support, but I’d love to see even more effort spent.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

yeah i forgot to put the tactics part in my post

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Chrono Cross is easily the most exciting prospect because it's the one that has by far the most problems. FF9 with the moguri mod is still an excellent game, as is War of the Lions. Not that I don't like CC but it hasn't been updated at all yet

Although if 9 were an actual remake and.not a remaster then, well well well

Anyway I'm sure none of them will ever really exist

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

people are at worst apathetic to anime they just respond poorly to the stuff that puts you on an fbi watchlist when you open the steam page

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
final fantasy x-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Have we heard more about 7remake part 2