Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

Also Echi if you're looking for elevation data I've used the SRTM dataset before I think it would be good for generating something like these maps: https://www.usgs.gov/centers/eros/s..._center_objects

If I could find a print shop to make a really high quality poster print I think I would, anyone know of something like that in Seattle? (and also: this is of Seattle/Puget Sound)

Imgur wouldn't let me post a SVG so I exported it to a PNG, but I'd provide the SVG to a print shop

thanks man

I have found data in the past but never luck with it, I’ll look into this one, thanks

Sagebrush posted:

pizza hut is fine. it's nothing special but it isn't literal garbage like many other pizza chains. but sometimes i get a nostalgic craving for it. take me back to being 8 years old on the road home from grandma's

the best thing about it is the perfect combo of greasy carbs, melted cheese and gently caress loads of sauce

you used to be able to order double sauce but then they moved out of town and got replaced by dominoes hmwhich is much worse but good for me coz i used to consumer two pizza hut pepperonis on a friday night and once i started an ep of the simpsons and had finished both - approx 1.8 days worth of calories - before the 22nin episode finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Video Nasty posted:

This and the legacy salad bar that they used to have was the best thing ever.

e: man why did all the fast food restaurants have kickass salad bars but now they don't?

the fast food equivalent of "value engineering". it's also why absolutely nothing is made in-house any more at the chains

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

yeah theres somethin bout that crust that i always remember being great but is never actually that good

source: worked at pizza hut

all depended on time of day. start of each shift we'd load up the deep pans with the dough bits and - this is the key - just straight vegetable oil out of a big pump tank. it's deep fried pizza. i'm not hating. the longer it was since it was panned the better it was. end of day pans were standard 'oh darn somebody ordered this and never picked it up im taking it home' fare.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

gently caress yeah book-it

hell yeah

Video Nasty posted:

This and the legacy salad bar that they used to have was the best thing ever.

e: man why did all the fast food restaurants have kickass salad bars but now they don't?

i used to pillage the superbar as a kid.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

all depended on time of day. start of each shift we'd load up the deep pans with the dough bits and - this is the key - just straight vegetable oil out of a big pump tank. it's deep fried pizza. i'm not hating. the longer it was since it was panned the better it was. end of day pans were standard 'oh darn somebody ordered this and never picked it up im taking it home' fare.

oh yeah im totally aware its fried bread and that fuckin rules, but i havent had it be as good as ive had in the past. i wonder if the addition of warming ovens means they get it out of the pan and into the box faster than before and it doesnt get the time it really needs to sit and crisp

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

little caesars has started just straight up folding here. meanwhile dominos has improved dramatically in quality at the price point and panago exists so there’s not much reason to go anywhere else for relatively inexpensive pizza

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

I worked in the Pizza-Hut-inside-a-Target and all we made were the personal pan pizzas.
They proofed all the dough that would be used for the day overnight in a huge walk-in proofing oven, using a five-shelf cart on wheels.
All the dough was thawed for the next day during the morning shift and eventually moved into the proofing oven. All the proofed dough would sit in the "refrigerator" before being smooshed into the pans and cranked into pizzas.
The "cheese" we had was plastic to the touch and did not resemble the smell of any cheese I've ever sliced at my job at the deli.
The sauce was always spun onto the pizza in a simple spoon method. More than one spoonful was over-using the portions for your shift.
The pepperoni were maybe the only thing on the pizza qualifying as "food" because they were all-pork to my recollection.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

good tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i clearly remember sticking to the pepperoni and the sausage. the chicken was eww.

The sauce was hosed up. bags of concentrate you mixed with water. i guess efficient to ship but stillllllll

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

supreme personal pan, a red glass full of the coldest soda on the planet, ms. pac machine in the corner. Life was simple and good.

the wood booths and stained glass. the one thing that sticks out to me is that they fuckin sound-engineered pizza huts or something. pizza huts were like a chamber or a den, everyone else was muffled from your booth but you could still hear your tablemates and the jukebox just fine

it felt soft and smelled good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
imagine spending money to do things well?

the mind boggles.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

gently caress yeah book-it

:hmmyes:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gently caress now I’m ordering a ‘za

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah i clearly remember sticking to the pepperoni and the sausage. the chicken was eww.

The sauce was hosed up. bags of concentrate you mixed with water. i guess efficient to ship but stillllllll

efficient to pump into my veins plz

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

stoped at 2 seconds in to place my bet that this is going to be worth listneing to just judign by how the bass is riding

also ill trade you this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNv9nz8d7c

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

holy poo poo how far away are we from high school jazz band turning into whatevcer this is

all the kids are doing stellar but the drummer kid is really stealing the show for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah. o'keefe is blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqecr1nU5X8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnVFyvyjB8

jonathan davis has an awful voice anyways so the little kid who's not quite there yet is perfect

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

there’s also that eleven year old who blasted foo fighters so hard on the drums that Dave Grohl invited her to play live with the band

I just look at my absolutely no talent rear end with way more guitar kit than I need and then at kids doing giga tier math metal and poo poo and wonder what I’m doing with my life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder the same but on the other hand gently caress it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no ones ever going to remember me or give a poo poo when I die so might as well something maybe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you ever wish someone would shake up your day with an armed robbery

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no, not especially

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qycerkXVHR1qg39ew_720.mp4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

you ever had a person point a gun in your face at such distance you can see the rifling in the barrel

it is not fun.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qpemv24gDi1qg39ew_480.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im not looking for a good time

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm an old so I have no strong feelings about pizza hut because it wasn't around when I was a kid.

Fukkin Round Table Pizza though, that was my goddamned jam. Also SHAKEY'S. Shakey's was the place you went for serious birthday pizza party happenings.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

look at mr fancy round table water

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

im not looking for a good time

maybe find a club and have a dance battle

take it outside find out

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

EAT YOUR OWN STUFF

PENETRATION TESTS
Dec 26, 2011

built upon dope and vice

FMguru posted:

5001 junipero serra blvs is just a howling void, a three dimensional standing wave of white noise, a perfect nullity, the exact opposite of borges' aleph

well it is in the middle of famed necropolis Colma, surrounded by cemeteries

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

you ever had a person point a gun in your face at such distance you can see the rifling in the barrel

it is not fun.
The last time it was a shotgun so no rifling but I still had nightmares for a few weeks

Like I get depression and ennui, but you don't wanna put ptsd on top of it. Try a rock climbing gym or axe throwing or some poo poo if you wanna get your blood going.

If that's too physical but you still wanna live life on the edge, wash down a couple seroquel with some nyquil and see if you can beat off before you fall asleep.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

i've been shot at and let me tell you even behind armor glass it's absolutely no loving fun.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lyjBIjwhDs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AChillGhost/status/1437285093790437377

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

If that's too physical but you still wanna live life on the edge, wash down a couple seroquel with some nyquil and see if you can beat off before you fall asleep.

l m b o

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The last time it was a shotgun so no rifling but I still had nightmares for a few weeks

Like I get depression and ennui, but you don't wanna put ptsd on top of it. Try a rock climbing gym or axe throwing or some poo poo if you wanna get your blood going.

i learned a new word today “ennui” and it’s not just an echi based insult

yeah maybe hoping for an armed robbery isn’t the best solution to my problems

maybe having a stroke will tho lol.

*tapping head meme* can’t hate your job if you can’t hold one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i used to help a former university professor who had a really bad stroke. it was the saddest most pathetic thing imaginable, so good luck with that, or, you know, go see a doctor.