Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Send Unormal & co the save so they can pick at it for bugs! It's not guaranteed, but if you contribute to a hotfix, it might rescue your borked save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Ya, send the save to support@freeholdgames.com

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as someone who helped inspire a bugfix to keep shade injector clones from endless duplicating themselves i can attest that things tend to get fixed

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That's a very wholesome interpretation of "I posted casually about my exploit I thought everyone knew about and the dev nuked it within the day"

edit: My apologies, I seem to have you confused with someone else. Something about Sphynx salt injectors and unlimited precog.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 14, 2021

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Serephina posted:

That's a very wholesome interpretation of "I posted casually about my exploit I thought everyone knew about and the dev nuked it within the day"

no it was very explicitly a snapjaw unique injecting themselves with a shade injector and then that somehow ending up with an endless cascade of clones spawning that choked the screen, filling every tile, and made my file literally unplayable because i genuinely couldn't kill things fast enough before they just kept occupying every newly empty tile

i mean if someone finds the thought of their game getting effectively bricked because of an enemy randomly spawning with something like that to be fun then more power to them, but, it kind of sucked

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 14, 2021

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I've been too busy to play but did they ever get the digging up/down with claws out of the preview mode? Wanted to see how long I could last just going straight down.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

edit: My apologies, I seem to have you confused with someone else. Something about Sphynx salt injectors and unlimited precog.

Not sure what the problem is with finding and messing around with loopholes, exploits, and unintended functionality in a pre-release single player game?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Adenoid Dan posted:

Not sure what the problem is with finding and messing around with loopholes, exploits, and unintended functionality in a pre-release single player game?

i think it's kind of funny and okay to tease someone about openly talking about an exploit in a thread the dev follows and then it winds up being patched as a result, that just wasn't this case haha

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

specifically there was a person who had a meltdown about fishing for specific mutations with precognition being taken out with an update and ranting about it culling the fun from the game even though there are dozens of ways to entirely break it over your knee that can't just be summed up as 'whoops we forgot to cover this insanely easy loophole that only uses one very basic thing and no actual thought to it'

but in my scenario it was posting specifically about a very weird and particular bug that hosed up my game and the very active devs handling it pretty quickly

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Pladdicus posted:

i think it's kind of funny and okay to tease someone about openly talking about an exploit in a thread the dev follows and then it winds up being patched as a result, that just wasn't this case haha

That was me but it's not like I was trying to hide it, just having fun testing the limits of the game.

He fixed a map generation problem I asked about in about 6 hours iirc.

Edit ok maybe there was someone else before I started reading this thread?

Edit: not to continue this but Jesus Christ this was also not me just for absolute clarity :eek:

quote:

IIRC that was also someone who loved to talk about making friends with the Putus Templar and killing "muties", so maybe not the best example of humanity

Adenoid Dan fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 14, 2021

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Serephina posted:

I've posted ITT/elsewhere about a few bugs and weird mechanical interactions (the most egregious being item dupe exploits) and those exploits mostly got patched afterward, and then I'd find a new edge case and report it. Is that what you're thinking of?

Coincidentally [remove all equipment and put a chest (full of stuff) in your Thrown Weapon equipment slot; then overdose on Shade Oil to spawn hostile clones, who will then throw duplicate chests (full of stuff) at you] still seems to work as of the current beta. :v:

edit:

Johnny Joestar posted:

specifically there was a person who had a meltdown about fishing for specific mutations with precognition being taken out with an update and ranting about it culling the fun from the game even though there are dozens of ways to entirely break it over your knee that can't just be summed up as 'whoops we forgot to cover this insanely easy loophole that only uses one very basic thing and no actual thought to it'

Oh yeah, that was an amazing meltdown.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
IIRC that was also someone who loved to talk about making friends with the Putus Templar and killing "muties", so maybe not the best example of humanity

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Wait Motherfucker is a Putus apologist? What the hell, I don't remember that

e: what the gently caress is Sunslag and why is it as expensive as neutron flux? I bought it, because what the hell else am I gonna spend my endgame loot on, but I can't cook with it and am afraid to try drinking it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea guys sorry my post was supposed to be light-hearted ribbing, mea culpa if it came off wrong.

It's actually really good to discuss loopholes, exploits, and balance/build concerns here (and where else would you?) as it's really visible and Unormal and co have shown some really creative and subtle adjustments in fixing things rather than just hitting stuff with a nerf mallet. Like I imagine someone years from now looking at the mechanics of eater's injectors rerolling your next mutation draw and thinking "What an oddly specific thing?" never knowing the horrors of stupid OP EA stuff.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i don't think it was JUST me, both because it was a pretty obvious avenue for duping and also because there have been like 12 different versions of this bug over the years, but i'm pretty sure i'm responsible for at least one of the many Temporal Fugue bugfix/nerfs :v:

also shout-outs to Treebeard on the Qud discord, the guy who routinely made me go "jesus christ that's way too much emphasis on late-game optimization" and discovered or at least popularized a lot of movement speed-based exploits

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Breaking the game is part of the fun.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

Yea guys sorry my post was supposed to be light-hearted ribbing, mea culpa if it came off wrong.

It's actually really good to discuss loopholes, exploits, and balance/build concerns here (and where else would you?) as it's really visible and Unormal and co have shown some really creative and subtle adjustments in fixing things rather than just hitting stuff with a nerf mallet. Like I imagine someone years from now looking at the mechanics of eater's injectors rerolling your next mutation draw and thinking "What an oddly specific thing?" never knowing the horrors of stupid OP EA stuff.

No problem, I was a bit thin skinned.

I imagine it's pretty difficult balancing a game with effects like that and will inevitably end up a patchwork. Not that I think balance as such is the main goal, probably more about preventing unfun mechanics from being optimal, i.e. any sort of scumming.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait Motherfucker is a Putus apologist? What the hell, I don't remember that

I think it was him. I definitely remember there being some pretty :yikes: takes in this thread awhile back, well before the whole Sseth business. But I admit I don't remember for certain, and I honestly don't feel like going digging through the thread to look for evidence, so take that accusation with a large grain of salt.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I definitely remember someone posting about the noble Putus cleansing the horrible mutants, I don't think it was Motherfucker though. I may be mistaken but I think the fash poster was some time before Motherfucker started playing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I achieve success by fulfilling my objectives, overcoming obstacles, and defeating enemies.

*devs patch these exploits*

Finally, Caves of IVAN!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Feature request: a bootlacquer who plies their trade at the Stilt. They just lacquer your boots. That's all they do. It's kinda expensive (moreso for high tier/modded boots) but ridiculously worth it if you can't tinker or don't have the Lacquered schematic, because it means that simply existing on the same map as a spitting slug is no longer an endless nightmare of washing all your items every 3 turns

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The whole "everything you own constantly gets covered in every liquid you pass" system is right below NPC sleep cycles and getting lost on the list of mechanics I would remove in a heartbeat. I get the idea and it's kinda cool in some ways, but having the names of everything you wear get longer and uglier is just frustrating to read. Not to mention how liquids getting tracked back and forth adds a lot of visual noise to the screen

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I like getting lost and having my gear covered in blood, honey, oil and who knows what else before passing through some water and rinsing off. It makes it more immersive and visually interesting.

Does having wet equipment make it more likely to break or anything like that? Or if your armor is wet, does electricity do more damage but fire doesn't raise your temperature quite as much? I think it's just visual, but I'm not sure.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: what the gently caress is Sunslag and why is it as expensive as neutron flux? I bought it, because what the hell else am I gonna spend my endgame loot on, but I can't cook with it and am afraid to try drinking it.

When I poured it on myself, I didn’t blow up or visibly get hurt? I became “radiant” so I assume it had a light-emitting effect.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
You can drink sunslag for permanent +1 quickness.

I'm pretty sure something bad happens if you drink too much, but I've never found enough to trigger it, so :shrug:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
  • Added a new kind of fauna: bop sponge.
  • Added new butcherable and harvestable consumables: bop cheek and tongue twist.
  • Added three new cooking effect domains: rubber-based, powerful rubber-based, and tongue-based.
  • Added three new ingredients: congealed rubbergum, sliced bop cheek, and fermented tongue.
  • The Yd Freehold now has a signature dish: Tongue and Cheek.
  • Svardym no longer rain down on the Yd Freehold.
  • Added a prerelease input manager binding for "move to point of interest".
  • Added new descriptions for the following creatures: twinning lamprey, trining lamprey, reef hermit, junk dollar, enigma snail, and plasma jelly.
  • Having the equipment rack cybernetic implant no longer prevents you from receiving a certain achievement.
  • You no longer receive a certain achievement earlier than is appropriate just by being repeatedly dismembered.
  • Billowing conch of the Aji can no longer produce plasma.
  • You can no longer use the following items and abilities on the worldmap: hologram bracelet, Force Wall, Light Manipulation, Time Dilation, gas generation, and Spinnerets.
  • Generated villages now interact more robustly with their surrounding terrain.
  • The trip back from [redacted] now works more consistently.
  • Fixed an error when a creature with no back grew wings.
  • Fixed the worldmap tip displaying too soon (during world generation).
  • Fixed incorrect pronouns in the description of sultan crocs.
  • Fixed a zonegen error in the Yd Freehold.
  • Fixed a rare exception that prevented the ability manager from opening.
  • Fixed an issue causing "BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size." spam in the message log.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent [redacted] from carving murals if interruped by a serialization cycle.
  • [modding] Fixed populations being replaced instead of merged.

Pecked To Death
Jun 27, 2004

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
After the patch it seems random starting villages don't have any quests.

Edit: Checked a few other villages using the villagereveal wish on a new game and there weren't quests at any of the random villages

Pecked To Death fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 18, 2021

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Are there any new quests for the new town? I got the message about the main quest being over I assumed something would send me over to the new area but nothing did. Did I miss something?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bop

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

Are there any new quests for the new town? I got the message about the main quest being over I assumed something would send me over to the new area but nothing did. Did I miss something?

Transition quest isn't in yet. Current reef work is laying the groundwork for the penultumate set of quests.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
Wait, is the Yd Freehold going to be post-Tombs, or is it going to replace an earlier step in the questline? I get the impression from the end of the Tombs that the only thing left to do is scale the Needle.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I'm betting you'll need to find a good source of exotic parts and materials from the Reef in order to actually make that happen. Such as palladium, for instance :v: Maybe seek out skilled workers and artisans from the Freehold, too. The Barathrumites have Pax Klanq to help them design the climber, but they haven't built it yet!

It'd be really cool to see a quest focused on organizing and supporting a huge community project like that. Especially if we can play with the faction systems a little more - imagine having your buddies from different factions all cooperate to build an elevator to space. That would be a pretty badass way to bring everything together near the end of the questline, and to reward thoroughness in making friends and doing side quests.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my and all my best friends -- Dogs, Unshelled Reptiles, Vines, and Newly Sentient Beings -- come together to build something amazing

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

eke out posted:

my and all my best friends -- Dogs, Unshelled Reptiles, Vines, and Newly Sentient Beings -- come together to build something amazing

:hmmyes:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
BRB, gonna go spray a brain on The Needle

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I blasted my own face and left arm off because I didn't realize the EMP effect wore off and it's reflection came back on. The nanon fingers and nanon modded gun is a lot of fun until you manage to shoot yourself.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!

Unormal posted:

• The Yd Freehold now has a signature dish: Tongue and Cheek.

Achievement unlocked: Chagrinned Bemusement.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Firing a flamethrower into a room full of webs and spiders feels real good. Also this is my first time using burgeoning - it seems like the allegiance of my summoned plants goes to hostile if I leave the map and come back to it?
lol: The flaming turret rolls itself on the ground!

DebonaireD fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 21, 2021

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
202.82 - 'beta' branch
  • Flawless crysteel gear is now a bit rarer.
  • Zetachrome gear is now much rarer.
  • Added new creature descriptions: giant clam, ixlthyxl, tongue tyrant, star kraken, and galgal.
  • Added new item descriptions: thermo cask, high-energy thermo cask, and psychic meridian.
  • Gorged growths now dehydrate and crumble apart after a while.
  • Updated Burgeoning plant-summoning tables to be better distributed and include more plants, particularly late-game plants.
  • Added some polish to the Hydropon.
  • Warden Une now has appropriate equipment.
  • Palladium struts are no longer takeable.
  • Made several enhancements to [redacted].
  • Irritable Genome's message now includes the mutation that was affected.
  • Eater's flesh and luminous hoarshroom now counts as mushrooms for the purposes of triggering cooking effects.
  • Fixed a bug that caused pits and chasms to drop you into solid walls.
  • Fixed a bug that caused objects to be placed on top of pits, leading to excessive build times as multiple zones were built.
  • Fixed a bug that caused zone transitions to happen rapidly every time an object was swallowed by a vortex.
  • Fixed a bug that caused gas generation to continue after transitioning to the world map.
  • Fixed a bug that caused visual effects like torches to sometimes persist after teleporting to another zone.
  • Fixed a bug that caused geomagnetic disc to sometimes bounce to neutral and friendly creatures.
  • Fixed a bug that caused villages or village outskirts to build over Pax Klanq's hut.
  • Fixed a bug that caused villages to use the wrong liquid type when building pools and rivers
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "Seek the Heart of the Rainbow" quest step not to complete upon reaching the correct zone.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the minimap to share the message logs opacity setting
  • Fixed a bug that caused subtype tile detail colors to not be properly set
  • Fixed the pluralization of pneumatic pistons, anchor spikes, palladium electrodeposits, and tibular hydrojets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Unormal posted:

• Fixed a bug that caused the "Seek the Heart of the Rainbow" quest step not to complete upon reaching the correct zone.

Well that explains a lot :v: