Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

this game (BF 2200 or whatever) is going to be garbage

Played almost every Battlefield game on PC since the 1942 Wake Island demo, and I have a pretty good stinkdar. 2042 looks to be one of the better ones, if not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The fact that 2042 is going to have Jeep Stuff™ in it means it’s going to be one of the best installments in the series

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I will believe jeep stuff is back when I pull the c4 trigger with my own hands

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Game will be fun. Then game will be bad. We’ll proclaim never to get sucked into BF hype again. The next game trailer drops. The cycle continues.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

Game will be fun. Then game will be bad. We’ll proclaim never to get sucked into BF hype again. The next game trailer drops. The cycle continues.

dont forget people will start saying bfv was actually good

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

George H.W. oval office posted:

TTK will be changed at least once based on "data" and player count bleed which only accelerates players leaving until :dice: panics and half reverts the change

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
On the fence about pre-ordering. Guess I'll wait till the beta drops to see how I feel about it. The stupid "1 week early access" is a trend that needs to die though. I know it gives you season 1 (year 1 as they call it) content. Has there been any word on the pricing of season/year content yet? An extra $30 to play a week early and have the gaas content seems a bit much tbh. I just wanna play a fun BF game again.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Preordering seems pointless these days. I just wait for post release reviews after all the garbage in the past few years from EA

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it's just a battlepass now isn't it? preordering ultimate goes from pointless to actual waste if the game is bad and you don't end up playing the first seasons

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
more like bad-llefield, amirite?

I'm just glad I'll finally have a BF game to play here in the land of Second Quarantine.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Looking forward to the traditional DICE weapon balancing when battle pass guns drop and they’re golden-gun-from-goldeneye level powerful and completely poo poo up matches until a week-late hotfix nerfs them but also inexplicably breaks vehicle physics.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The one and only possible justification for pre-ordering is if you are willing to pay money to play the game early. BFV deluxe didn't even come with the content it promised it would and by the time they delivered it, it was basically obsolete. An actual scam, intentional or not.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Any indication how long the beta will be? Scheduled to be out of town so I may preorder (knowing I can get a refund) for early access

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

The one and only possible justification for pre-ordering is if you are willing to pay money to play the game early. BFV deluxe didn't even come with the content it promised it would and by the time they delivered it, it was basically obsolete. An actual scam, intentional or not.

You also get early access with EA play pro and all of the deluxe edition cosmetics (at least you did for V). A refundable $15 if the early access sucks, and if it doesn't then you have a month to pick up the game at a discount.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

ethanol posted:

dont forget people will start saying bfv was actually good
outpost mode was the actually good mode of BFV and if the entire game had been built around it like the bad companies were built around rush and codename eagle was built around capture the flag then it would have been one of the best battlefields, even after getting updates cut off because of covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9pi1qMlxgg

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I thought they stopped updating 5 because somebody took a look at the project and decided not to throw good money after bad.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Pacific "expansion" was best/last thing to happen to bfv

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Pacific "expansion" was best/last thing to happen to bfv

Was the best but not the last. They added one more map and a bunch of weapons sometime in 2020 before bailing completely

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

Which was basically "here's all the poo poo we've got left, gently caress it" in update form, granted im a sucker and this was great to have a buncha new guns to level.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Blue Raider posted:

I thought they stopped updating 5 because somebody took a look at the project and decided not to throw good money after bad.
Probably but covid was the official reason given. They also stopped updating Battlefront 2 at the same time so I figure they made a decision to pull all teams off updating old games and put them all in on 2042 ASAP because they didn't know how much of a hit collaboration and productivity would take from the pandemic.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

BFV also didn't have Premium so it was the first BF in a long time without an obligation to make a certain amount of DLC. A lack of premium also made hacking seem more prevalent. There wasn't less hacking in BF1 but it was all mostly confined to vanilla map servers since most hackers were not going to waste another $60 just to cheat on a different map.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sparticle posted:

BFV also didn't have Premium so it was the first BF in a long time without an obligation to make a certain amount of DLC. A lack of premium also made hacking seem more prevalent. There wasn't less hacking in BF1 but it was all mostly confined to vanilla map servers since most hackers were not going to waste another $60 just to cheat on a different map.

The lack of actually having community/rental servers with mods and admins around to ban hackers from the server is what made hacking seem more prevalent

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

The lack of actually having community/rental servers with mods and admins around to ban hackers from the server is what made hacking seem more prevalent

I wouldn't know since I usually got kicked off those servers for killing the admin with a shotgun too many times. Also BFV did get community servers eventually but they all sucked since they always included Metro in the rotation.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

anybody in the squad can revive in bfv, is that in 2042 i hope not

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

ethanol posted:

I liked the ability for anyone to revive but having it take twice as long. It made you choose if it was worth it or not.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

ethanol posted:

It is you pull out defibs, no more random patting and giving a thumbs up to rez

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It is and it’s good.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

its bad but ill put up with it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ethanol posted:

I think the tradeoff is that only one character gets a rez that works out of squad, so it's not like half the team is running paddles and then on top of that everyone else can squad revive

and you're giving up like a grappling hook / auto turret / whatever to do the out-of-squad rez

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ethanol posted:

It is but it's not as fast and not a full health revive

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In fairness it was pretty ridiculous to pop a smoke and revive 10 dudes in 10 seconds in a trench in BF1.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ridiculous? Yes. Amazing? YES.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I wanna give my squad mates a smooch on the lips to revive them

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Target Practice posted:

I liked the ability for anyone to revive but having it take twice as long. It made you choose if it was worth it or not.

It was always worth it.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

toggle posted:

It was always worth it.

Lol yeah never not go for the revive.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

The secret handshake and a quick check to confirm they're actually alright was a fun way to do it though

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1437915359487488003

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well drat, and here I was excited because Renewal looked like Caspian Border Mk3. Getting actual Caspian Border as well? Hells to the yeah.