Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Deathloop is fun but there's apparently no aim assist? Should've gotten it on PC. I got these bad sausage fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

must... not... say it
?

It's nice that Sony isn't forcing a proprietary solution. But it's definitely not usef friendly for 75% of the people who own the console.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Gutcruncher posted:

How does the 3D audio sound if I move out of the spot directly in front of the tv? Does it sound like poo poo any time I shift around?

I've been messing with it, and what i've tested it with ranged from 'not really noticeable' to 'somewhat noticeable, but also noticeably worse', and I've tried setting it up several times to try to fix any issues I had, but it didn't change anything (all you do is hold up your Dualsense in front of your face and let the two test tones play, one from the left channel and one from the right, then it quickly makes a profile for the room that you're in. Maybe it's just my room/I set it up weird, but it sounds somewhat tinny and possibly distorted, like certain frequency bands were being phase cancelled or something. It was particularly noticeable in Returnal, which has more dramatic and emphasized 3D, and there's almost always several layers of sound effects playing at once, and it's mostly sustained tones or noises, which I would assume would be more likely to cause phase cancellation, or if you just slightly moved your head away from the spot that you held the Dualsense. In Demons Souls, which has a more minimal sound design, with lots of discrete sounds playing in a specific spot in the stereo field, the 3D was easier to notice, and also didn't have the same tinny/distorted sound that Returnal did, but again it wasn't really noticeable.

Maybe it's just the shape of my room, or the size, but I can't imagine it being dramatically different than what I heard, and in general you want 3D audio, I'd just wear headphones because it's really well done and designed for headphones.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Imagine a joke about slots and insertion... likely involving a mom. Maybe even Bust Rodd's mom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the joke actually was that xbox stays whining

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I love that the Xbox brought back the easily swappable “huge memory card” like the 360 hard drives were, but yeah I’m sure my thoughts on that will change after gen4 m.2s get way cheap in a couple years and Xbox expansion cards stay expensive.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

I think the leak hunting is pretty cool, it's the "spoil everything for myself ever by reading every leaked script and watching every leaked video" thing that boggles my mind. Don't you ever want to experience a game by playing it instead of reading the entire plot a year before it comes out?

i agree with this but sometimes its funny to read what you think is clearly fanfiction scripts some nerd wrote and then you see the trailer for something and you go oh wait what :eyepop: and its too late then. but still.

anyway, AMA about spider-man.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
havent even watched the whole video yet but check this poo poo out, you CAN MOVE THE POWER BUTTON yesssssssssssssssss. it is now worth owning a playstation 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcpCjXiA47I

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Does Deathloop have mouse+keyboard support on PS5?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

havent even watched the whole video yet but check this poo poo out, you CAN MOVE THE POWER BUTTON yesssssssssssssssss. it is now worth owning a playstation 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcpCjXiA47I

Thought you meant the hardware button and was mega confused

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Cowards, not allowing us to switch the tap/hold functions of the home button.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the hardware button? :confused:

theres the ps button on your controller that boots it up and then you shut off the system via that on screen power icon. and eject a disc via pressing options on a game icon.

dunno what those two ridges are near the usb port tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hahaha same

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Anyone have any suggestions for good m.2 ssd's for this?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

SilkyP posted:

I grabbed one of these. Includes a heatsink and fits just fine. It’s in fact the model some Sony guy specifically told everyone is compatible so I figured it’s the best and safest bet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWFTP9N/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm... what could they be

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Look at this guy who's never milked his Playstation.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

SilkyP posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-best-ssds-for-ps5

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Deathloop rules.

VideoGames posted:

I have decided my next game after FFVIIoriginal is going to be Deathloop. I hope all of you who own it take advantage of this fact when I start playing it and invade my stream and mess me up and do not tell me until the end.

Knock knock VG

https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyRelievedNuggetsGrammarKing-8I5B_hTROAsKiayq

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
You had better invade me when I get round to playing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

VideoGames posted:

You had better invade me when I get round to playing.

You can set invasions to Friends Only if you only want goons kicking your poo poo in

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yo what the heck Deathloop is buggy as gently caress :(

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Frankston posted:

Yo what the heck Deathloop is buggy as gently caress :(

buying a game day one is being a free tester these-days, which sounds horribly smug but it really does end up feeling that way a lot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arkane and bad console ports, hand in hand

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't run into any glitches fwiw. It seems like a decent port.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The job of an actual video game tester is pretty grueling and not generally about engaging with the game in a fun and relaxing way at all, so "free tester" is probably not an appropriate description. Some games have Early Access to get the bugs out early but then people complain about that too, so basically don't buy a game until it's been out for six months to a year if you want a fully polished experience.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arkane and bad console ports, hand in hand

By accounts the PC version isn't great either

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony need to get the VRR firmware update out ASAP

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Gutcruncher posted:

I grabbed one of these. Includes a heatsink and fits just fine. It’s in fact the model some Sony guy specifically told everyone is compatible so I figured it’s the best and safest bet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWFTP9N/

Nice! Thanks!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I had a softlock on a tutorial screen for alarms and alerts in the library, occasional lighting artifacts, but other than that no issues. game seems good so far, very curious how linear it is going to end up being after the introductory bits.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve noticed a couple of small graphical glitches and one time I got a piece of information out of nowhere when I wasn’t doing anything or near anyone but that’s it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh also Veeg and LVG are live It Takes Two-ing!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does this Day 1 patch I'm downloading for the disc version seem to make any difference in the bugs or it is probably fine to boot up and at least check out the tutorial while it downloads (bad internet, about 2+ hours to go)?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Since we're never getting a GTA 6 now is the perfect time to reboot State of Emergency

Keep the announcer from the old game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
State of Emergency is the joint worst ps2 game i ever owned along with some really buggy GTA style game set in London. I thought it was called Gangsters of London but that apparently doesn't exist

Weedle
May 31, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

State of Emergency is the joint worst ps2 game i ever owned along with some really buggy GTA style game set in London. I thought it was called Gangsters of London but that apparently doesn't exist

the getaway?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gangs of London exists !

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

As a good tv show :hehe:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the getaway was kinda fun - really good graphics anyway lol - until this level in a police station that was basically impossible cause i was poo poo at games and I never beat it. driving around london really was great in that game though

edit: wait lmfao this is NOT what I remember this game looking like hahahaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iP4TjJkk7o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Weedle posted:

the getaway?

It must have been this based on googling " Games set in London". Could have sworn blind it mentioned gangsters though