Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

wake up to find one of our cats trapped on top of the wall-mounted AC unit that apparently my boyfriend didn't notice on his way off to work. okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

fridge corn posted:

gently caress that is such a good game

Needs a good 2d spiritual successor in my opinion!!

Kicking around in the starting area for a ton of time and then going north through many empty systems to suddenly realize there were entirely different - and vast - alien civilizations to explore remains one of the great holy poo poo moments of my young gaming brain.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

External Organs posted:

We made one once but it's not on the app store any more :/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

what was it?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

haveblue posted:

No poo poo!! That's wild. I guess there's a crowd funded override revamp but I never really trust those things until they're released

I used to love the ambrosia forums. I think the company is dead now?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

many great memories of playing ambrosia's centipede clone "apeiron" on my uncle's power mac

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

EV Nova was what made me convince my dad to upgrade our G3 tower to OS X, because it came in a .dmg that I couldn't do anything with.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

External Organs posted:

Kicking around in the starting area for a ton of time and then going north through many empty systems to suddenly realize there were entirely different - and vast - alien civilizations to explore remains one of the great holy poo poo moments of my young gaming brain.

Insanely agreed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mix. posted:

wake up to find one of our cats trapped on top of the wall-mounted AC unit that apparently my boyfriend didn't notice on his way off to work. okay.

:( Hope the kitty is ok

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

FirstAidKite posted:

:( Hope the kitty is ok

oh she's fine, she's just pissed i grabbed her because she was having fun being able to stretch up and touch the ceiling whenever she wanted

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Force Unleashed:

I just got eaten and shat out by a Sarlacc :stonk:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

what was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAXCeMeDlk

We didn't have a relationship with Ambrosia, but we really wanted a spiritual successor to EV too and were able to convince the studio heads to make one. It was available for the early-mid 2010s, then our studio got eaten and digested by a much larger one and now its IP is locked in a vault somewhere. All the games were delisted when Apple made a compatibility-breaking OS update and no one was in a position to resubmit them.

Weedle posted:

many great memories of playing ambrosia's centipede clone "apeiron" on my uncle's power mac

Yeah, Ambrosia was the other good Mac-focused game company (after Bungie) and they had a ton of great 2D titles in the 90s

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Really gotta play this soon, I'm just glad to see CC2 make more stuff in their funny furry setting instead of being stuck in the anime game hole

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nina posted:

Really gotta play this soon, I'm just glad to see CC2 make more stuff in their funny furry setting instead of being stuck in the anime game hole

it's really fun. the one thing i'd mention as a caveat is that the game is much less story-heavy that it might seem based on the marketing but the actual turn-based combat/base-building loop is really good, especially for a portable game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAXCeMeDlk

We didn't have a relationship with Ambrosia, but we really wanted a spiritual successor to EV too and were able to convince the studio heads to make one. It was available for the early-mid 2010s, then our studio got eaten and digested by a much larger one and now its IP is locked in a vault somewhere. All the games were delisted when Apple made a compatibility-breaking OS update and no one was in a position to resubmit them.

i thought this might be what it was. i played a lot of that game and it was super fun. thanks for making it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
After chasing down several weird control bugs/crashes in Amazing Cultivation Simulator last night I think I am finally ready to learn a bunch of earthly transformations or beat up the Heavens or whatever it is you do in this game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

i thought this might be what it was. i played a lot of that game and it was super fun. thanks for making it

:tipshat: we had fun too

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1437774556400431109

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But is it creepy?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
good news everyone! my ds still works, i found warioware twisted, and the save data hasn't been lost to the ether yet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Looper posted:

good news everyone! my ds still works, i found warioware twisted, and the save data hasn't been lost to the ether yet

:toot:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think Twisted used EEPROM for saves so it should be good to go for a while, though I could definitely be wrong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

But is it creepy?

:v:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bad news everyone. the ds lite's battery is visibly swelling

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Swelling with love that you're using your DS again

...also gas

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

is the water nice though

https://twitter.com/badmiiversepost/status/469556540656340992?lang=en

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Those are good Miiverse posts though?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
well is he wrong

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I'm more curious if there is any water he DOESN'T like. Or does he just love every manifestation of water in video games?

Looper posted:

bad news everyone. the ds lite's battery is visibly swelling

I'm sorry I know this is hard. Go ahead out back, you know what to do. I'll explain to the kids

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Water > Dogs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the best video game where your character gets visibly wet and drip water from their clothing?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What is the best video game where your character gets visibly wet and drip water from their clothing?

monster hunter world

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

Bloodborne except instead of water its blood

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Uncharted games have your clothes slowly dry after you get out of water

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Fired up Star Wars: Squadrons again on a whim, and I was pleasantly surprised that i could find multiplayer matches. Game is still a lot of fun and now that I have a new hard drive, I don't need to keep on uninstalling it to make room for other stuff. I definitely want to get back into it more.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

i'm always dazzled by water droplets on your visor in metroid prime

Play posted:

I'm more curious if there is any water he DOESN'T like. Or does he just love every manifestation of water in video games?

I'm sorry I know this is hard. Go ahead out back, you know what to do. I'll explain to the kids

yeah... one of these days we should probably start keeping the extras inside though...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the later Tomb Raider reboot games Lara will wring out her ponytail when you come out of water

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

haveblue posted:

In the later Tomb Raider reboot games Lara will wring out her ponytail when you come out of water

Before she got into the tank, you see girls 'pretend' to pull their hair into ponytails, but they don't. That's what she did.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are they still going to offer the PS5 upgrade for free if you have the PS4 version? Cause :laffo: I might do that while every copy is $20 aud :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah there's no way to walk that back without (another) major poo poo storm

Keep in mind though that they still don't have even a vague timeframe for the PS5 release, so I'm not buying a cheap version until they do.