Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Woof, not a peep about Brawl. So we can expect no changes to the mode or queue for at least until the next one of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bust Rodd posted:

Woof, not a peep about Brawl. So we can expect no changes to the mode or queue for at least until the next one of these?

Were you looking for a ban announcement or something else?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

Were you looking for a ban announcement or something else?

Probably a Golos ban since they just banned it in EDH

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they're probably going to wait a little more on historic brawl bans given that it's only _just_ become an actual format followed by a massive infusion of cards + now another set drops in two days. i imagine golos and baral will be back on the chopping block easily though

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think the state of the game posts have just become advertisements and anything potentially unpleasant like a ban will be in a different announcement.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Typically, bans are their own separate announcement.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
ParcelMyr – Our recent backend changes have been a bumpy road. Here's a parcel of presents to thank you for your patience!

ScaleUp – Midweek Magic code to receive the 3,000 XP advertised in the event.

These expire tomorrow, so if you haven't used them yet got them in.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And Tyler Too! posted:

So when the new mastery comes out, say I got 30 levels in the free route and then shelled out for the actual pass, would I retroactively get all the rewards up to that point? I've been scooping up some free gems from throwing myself at drafts & such. Still iffy about whether or not I want to actually spend $$$ on this game.

Yes you would retroactively get the incentives you've accrued.

Every mastery pass has given out roughly the same incentives over the entire track, mostly only with changes to what level they're acquired at. E.g. one mastery pass gave gems out piecemeal once ever ten levels, while another gave two big dumps of them at levels 70 and 80. So whether it's "worth it" is entirely context-dependent.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bugsy posted:

ParcelMyr – Our recent backend changes have been a bumpy road. Here's a parcel of presents to thank you for your patience!

These expire tomorrow, so if you haven't used them yet got them in.

Did actually they say PARCELMYR would expire before innistrad comes out?

E: yeah it was in the announcement. Rip

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 14, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yes, they say it right in the state of the game post that both of those expire before maintenance

quote:

In case you missed these codes from our recent weekly blog announcement and on @MTG_Arena, here are some codes to address some of the dust from our not-quite-behind-the-scenes housekeeping and cleaning:

Both codes expire on Thursday, September 15 at 8 a.m. PT, so be sure to redeem them before the start of maintenance if you wish to receive the rewards. And as our legal team is constantly reminding us to remind you: limit one (1) per MTG Arena account, void where prohibited

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you're doing the thing where you draft and don't open your packs until you can guarantee a complete set of rares, you probably want to wait on buying the mastery pass, too. What with the mythic ICRs in it which you could use to fill in gaps in your collection.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man I wish Tinkerer's Cube had like half the entry cost and half the rewards across the board because I'd play the poo poo out of it. Hard to justify at the cost though, especially with it not giving points towards limited rank. One thing I really like about Legends of Runeterra's limited mode is that once you've done 3 paid entries in a week you can do it as much as you want for free until the next week (with no rewards outside of the standard XP stuff).

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sinteres posted:

That would suck if it's not an unintentional change.

Here's a State of the Game update. The card sleeve at level 31 on the free track for rotation rewards looks cool.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-state-game-innistrad-midnight-hunt-2021-09-14

Those sleeves are pretty nice. And the in-game graphics for transition between Day/Night seem pretty solid as well - distinct without being garrish or annoying.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mat Cauthon posted:

Those sleeves are pretty nice. And the in-game graphics for transition between Day/Night seem pretty solid as well - distinct without being garrish or annoying.

Garish aside, I hope there's rooster and wolf sounds for day/night transitions.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Man I wish Tinkerer's Cube had like half the entry cost and half the rewards across the board because I'd play the poo poo out of it. Hard to justify at the cost though, especially with it not giving points towards limited rank. One thing I really like about Legends of Runeterra's limited mode is that once you've done 3 paid entries in a week you can do it as much as you want for free until the next week (with no rewards outside of the standard XP stuff).

Yeah it’s too much of an investment considering all you get are some gold and a few ICRs

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Is the paper Golos ban even Wizards? I thought it was just the rando gatekeepers of commander.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it was from the rules committee, yeah, though they mention that they were talking to wizards about not repeating the golos mistake in the post + there's been some people jumping to weird conclusions about that

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

kinda disappointed with the day/night cycle indicator. I was hoping that the battlefield would have different lighting and effects, not just an icon that flashes on screen.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it’s too much of an investment considering all you get are some gold and a few ICRs

I pulled off a really good one here that I'm 4-0 on so far. Luminous Broodmoth is a stupid card, was it a powerhouse in standard?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

Luminous Broodmoth is a stupid card, was it a powerhouse in standard?

Too slow and easy to kill.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

goferchan posted:

I pulled off a really good one here that I'm 4-0 on so far. Luminous Broodmoth is a stupid card, was it a powerhouse in standard?

no it was basically unplayable in the face of companions, adventures, ultimatums, etc

though even without all the those it'd be pretty mediocre.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I had fun with it in a dimir flash deck in the play queue when the set first came out, which imo is the most fun time to play any set, but especially that one since companions locked it down so hard once people realized how busted they were.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It was a cute combo with solemnity and kroxa for a while in historic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did they take down the midweek singleton event? I don't see it

EDIT: They sure did lol

https://twitter.com/Wizards_Help/status/1437818146795098112

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Remember when they used to brag about how Arena was coded to be easier to maintain than MODO?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sinteres posted:

Remember when they used to brag about how Arena was coded to be easier to maintain than MODO?

people say this sort of thing a lot and all it really shows is how little they know about how busted modo is and has been

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

no it was basically unplayable in the face of companions, adventures, ultimatums, etc

though even without all the those it'd be pretty mediocre.

Makes sense, I guess it's a lot better in the cube where removal's at such a premium

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

flatluigi posted:

people say this sort of thing a lot and all it really shows is how little they know about how busted modo is and has been

I'm sure it is better in a lot of ways, and I certainly prefer to play here over MODO despite the economy being way worse in most ways (unless you're strictly f2p I guess). They've had a LOT of problems over the last month though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
imo they were fairly upfront with 'hey we need to do a huge backend update and poo poo's gonna be rocky for a while but there isn't a better time to fit it in' and it sure turns out they were right

i suspect the last several lingering issues are rolled into the innistrad release patch

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Lone Goat posted:

Garish aside, I hope there's rooster and wolf sounds for day/night transitions.
They should reuse the slobbering wolf noises from the pet

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sinteres posted:

I'm sure it is better in a lot of ways, and I certainly prefer to play here over MODO despite the economy being way worse in most ways (unless you're strictly f2p I guess). They've had a LOT of problems over the last month though.

Leagues on modo didn't work for what, a decade?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Some Reanimation shenanigans for people who bought HA5

https://twitter.com/urlichmtg/status/1437394955165704193?s=19

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

izzet phoenix has been treating me all right, doing well against control and terribly against aggro

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

Some Reanimation shenanigans for people who bought HA5

https://twitter.com/urlichmtg/status/1437394955165704193?s=19

Unearthing Priest to bring back Emissary naming instant against their hand with 3 Drown in the Loch, two Memory Lapse, two Archmage Charm was Very Fun.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Midweek event is back but you can only play 3 times?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bugsy posted:

It sucks so bad if that part is actually intentional because they didn't want to give out guaranteed free rares anymore, but that's what it looks like to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bugsy posted:

I dunno I think it's just hosed up right now

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Just had a game where my GW lifegain was playing GB, motherfucker drew three lolths and professor onyx and i still won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I'm kinda bleh on MTGA recently, I think all the metas feel kinda boring and now people are decklisting the "for fun" modes and events too, sorry for the constant whining, but I'm hoping I'm more excited for Innistrad limited. There are some cool Clerics for my Orah deck IRL and in Arena too!