Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The Walrus posted:

edit: wait lmfao this is NOT what I remember this game looking like hahahaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iP4TjJkk7o

lol it happens. for many years i was immensely impressed with the graphical fidelity of mafia 1 for pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I sort of miss The Getaway, it being more cinematic and having no on-screen HUD for a lot of the game made it a lot cooler to watch. It seemed so revolutionary at the time to not have a mini-map or a giant arrow telling you where to go, rather looking at the turn signals to determine what turns to make to your objective. It seems like a franchise that if it came a generation or two later would still be around today as some oft-seen Sony mid-generation revival thing but now it's just gone forever.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sitting cackling to myself thinking if there are any other mediocre games that don't have the ps stans rushing to defend them

Lol but seriously please don't tell me someone in here has an xsquad tattoo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PS2/GC/Xbox gen has a ton of potential for game remasters. Lots of games from that era just never got ported to anything and it was before a PC port was the norm.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sitting cackling to myself thinking if there are any other mediocre games that don't have the ps stans rushing to defend them

The entire PS3 library baby :cheers:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
State of Emergency is the perfect candidate for a remake precisely because of its many flaws that wouldn't exist with modern games.

Give me a thousand NPCs running around as I bLoW uP bUiLdiNgS fOr a BoNuS sCoRe

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

drat :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the joke actually was that xbox stays whining

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I know literally nothing about dying light 2. Is it a game ppl are really looking forward to?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

I know literally nothing about dying light 2. Is it a game ppl are really looking forward to?

The first one is one of the best online co-op games on ps4

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm not following DL2 closely yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I have very fond memories of DL1. The single player campaign is good, parkour feels right, the difficulty curve makes the world challenging to navigate at the start and the player character feel cathartically powerful by the end. The day/night cycle helps keep the world feeling hostile as you power up. And yeah the co-op rules, dropkicking zombies with your buds is good stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

first game had an incredibly satisfying dropkick, good first-person bow action and (DLC) a buggy with spikes and electric bumpers you could run over zombies with

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I like first person platformers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dying Light 1 also has a ludicrous amount of developer support, they're still putting out little DLC packs and patches for it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I like first person platformers

I am struggling to place that above or below first person stealth games as the absolute worst mechanical premise for a game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Found the Mirror’s Edge hater

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh. That one stings a bit. Pretty much the only game I was looking forward to for the rest of this year other than battlefield. Which I’m not 100% sure on.

Plus February is already so over saturated with big releases.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I am struggling to place that above or below first person stealth games as the absolute worst mechanical premise for a game

here, i'll whisper my reasons into your ear when i shiv you in a minute

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Found the Mirror’s Edge hater

Yeah I tried it and it didnt gel with me. I just dont get on well with games that are mostly about precise character placement/movement while having a severely restricted view of your surroundings

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

here, i'll whisper my reasons into your ear when i shiv you in a minute

I'm looking forward to it :pervert:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

State of Emergency + The Getaway is an absurdly powerful nostalgia package wow lol. Thanks for mentioning those.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I never played either of those. Did they make it to the PS2 on PS4 initiative?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

I never played either of those. Did they make it to the PS2 on PS4 initiative?

They did not, unfortunately. I remember seeing my uncle play The Getaway on PS2 and I thought it was the most realistic looking thing I'd ever seen at the time!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

While it's been teased for some months now Sony just jumped the gun and announced the Destroy All Humans 2 remake on Twitter then deleted it soon after. I really enjoyed the first remake so I'm pretty stoked to see the sequel getting that treatment.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I decided to watch TLOUsday rather than play this week and it was a lot of fun. fridge went HAM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fridge's Revenge™

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I think I still owe you for a few shivvings bp ;)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tlousday was wonderful. It takes two was wonderful. A very successful gaming Tuesday :3:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

beanpole ptsd

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I feel slightly bad for what I did to Snacky... or more accurately, what he did to himself...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

oof it was a hard day :suicide:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Those games made me legitimately exhausted.

I’m sorry for booting LVG in the face 3 times in a row :smith:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They did not, unfortunately. I remember seeing my uncle play The Getaway on PS2 and I thought it was the most realistic looking thing I'd ever seen at the time!

I remember booting it up and thinking god drat… we’re here… this is a real movie I can control, nothing will top this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

While it's been teased for some months now Sony just jumped the gun and announced the Destroy All Humans 2 remake on Twitter then deleted it soon after. I really enjoyed the first remake so I'm pretty stoked to see the sequel getting that treatment.

Is the script less annoying than 1?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving finally, I can stop crying like a bitch rear end about the SSD situation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol this game doesn't really exist.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I thought the tempest audio update was gonna support surround sound as well, not just TV speakers :mad:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

acksplode posted:

I thought the tempest audio update was gonna support surround sound as well, not just TV speakers :mad:

Yeah I have one of those two channel Sony bars that can do Atmos. Wish the ps5 would let it be special.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

deathloop got some swank rear end sound design holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so do i need a bethesda account in order to have invasions?