Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
So I just finished Drezen:

Killed Staunton and Nurah, took a tour of the now not on fire city, helped Nenio get drunk, recruited and chatted with Arueshalae(I adore her so far), and had a bunch of stuff dumped onto my lap before I finished my playsession.

So, what do I do next? Like, I'm gonna go around looking for side stuff and try to do everything I can regardless, but is there time specific things I need to do/look out for, stuff I need to prioritize, etc?

Also what Act/Chapter/whatever would I currently be at? Not really sure how exactly the game breaks those down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You're now in Act 3 which is pretty freeform. You can do things more or less however you want. No real time limits either.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My buddy paused his lich run at the start of act 2 after hearing there were bugs, I think he made the right choice. He's toying with a few more build ideas for now, sticking to the shield maze and early act 1 to try various things out.

I'm at the start of act 3 with my azata but I think I might pause too. I picked up Arushalae early and was going to romance her this run but I heard her act 3 quest may not be completable because I killed the zealous templar guy back in the market square in act 1.

Also anyone who wants to recruit Aru early and has read the internet guides, note that the intended path to that part of the area Lost Chapel SE quadrant with the Desna shrine and a bunch of bullshit fights doesn't show up until you beat the story boss of the area. You can glitch down there by clicking on the cave from above it as mentioned in all the internet guides, but the athletics paths down are apparently intended to not show up until the story bit is done.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

definitely have had blinded babaus make sneak attacks on me. probably spaghetti code w/ see invisibility.

Your Computer posted:

i'm just playing the first game for the first time and i have a couple of magus questions:

1) i thought spellstrike casts did not provoke attacks of opportunity but they seem to be doing it anyway?

is it because i have spell combat enabled? if so, why does enabling spell combat suddenly make spellstrike stop working

2) what exactly does spell combat even do? it says "make an attack with -2 penalty". -2 penalty to what? to the attack roll? to the damage roll? how does it actually interact with spellstrike? does it apply the penalty to everything you do always or does it only apply the penalty when you are using it as a full-round action? i am so confused about this button

Any "make an attack with" statement is talking about an attack roll; attack rolls are explicitly always the d20 rolled to determine if you've hit something. Damage isn't an attack roll. Pathfinder uses language like this loving everywhere and assumes you know it.

Spellstrike should be integrated into spell combat if they're both turned on. With just spellstrike, you can cast a spell that has a touch component and make a swing instead of the touch. Spell combat is specifically a full-round only action that allows you to make a full attack action with your main hand weapon -- potentially several attacks -- while casting a spell as a part of that action. It can be a touch spell and thus benefit from spellstrike, but it doesn't need to be.

Spell combat does not give you guaranteed concentration checks. You still have to make a concentration check to "cast defensively" to avoid attacks of opportunity, although it does give you a bonus that gets better. Early on you can have problems with casting defensively being difficult, but it becomes easier at higher levels.

3: oh eldritch scion apparently can only spell combat under certain conditions based on their arcane pool. spellstrike is supposed to be for magus spells only. Even if you gain spells via another means, only magus spells can be used with spellstrike. Bloodline abilities are not magus spells, unfortunately.

all above is based on what i'd expect it to be but might be different in the pc games.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

That Italian Guy posted:

Doing a lot of silly stuff, like giving Woljif a 2 level dip in Sword Saint so that he can multistab using Finnean in dagger form instead of needing 2 good daggers. It also come with added AC and "free" +1atk/damage buff (and two non scaling slots for Mage Armor and Shield or Enlarge). So far I've enjoyed this more than Kingmaker, although I may have suffered a bit by following inEffect guide to the letter...having an invincible tank and a bunch of reach damage dealers and crowd controller got tiresome quick).

Correction: with the Dip in Sword Saint, Abundant Casting is giving me 4 extra slots per caster type :v:

So I get all the Mage Armor/Shield/Enlarge Person I may want from Saint and I can use the Rogue slots for spells that need scaling (like touch attacks for Spell Combat).

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kobal2 posted:

That's still all true if you go THF 3/Rogue 1 though, with the caveat that if you go all in on STR you don't get to make *that* many AoOs (although 3 from 16 dex, plus however many from belts of perfection isn't anything to sneeze at, and there's a mythic ability that gives 2 more I believe). Losing the flat +7 from myffic weapon spec does hurt a bit though.

Well yeah I guess saying you 'lose' those things wasn't 100% right, but the point is more the difference between attacking once (vital strike) and attacking X times (your normal attacks + haste attack + gore attack from demon mythic thingy, which is I think 7 attacks at level 20?), and each one of those attacks potentially triggering all the things in the breakdown I posted.

I have definitely been torn about dropping the whole elven curve blade dex focus thing and just going full str. What tipped it over for me was the two mounted feats (rolling your mobility to prevent an attack from hitting your dog, and also doing a save on the dog's behalf with mobility). You're probably looking at about a 7 or more point swing in those rolls if you go with STR instead of DEX, and I think it's probably worth it. As it stands, chances are your dog already has the highest AC of anyone in your party right now, and if some hit sneaks by, being able to say NOPE to it is pretty drat nice. Similarly the main (imo) weakness of a mounted fighter is the fact that your dumb mount very likely has almost no will save whatsoever so turning that +3 into a +28 mobility check is very strongk.

The problem, of course, is that this costs you some feats (one of them mythic, if you go THF) for dex to damage. I'm not sure 100% if it's too huge a deal, as the feats you want are pretty obviously earmarked (mounted feats/teamwork feats/crit feats) and outside of that it's mostly gravy.

You could sacrifice the survivability of the mounted feats and gain reach with a fauchard and go with cleave feats but I think the main *benefit* of being mounted (making your fighter essentially invincible) would be lost for some more killing power, which you already excel at.

Kaedric fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 14, 2021

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Trip report : charges still get randomly eaten post patch that fixes charges getting eaten randomly.

Kaedric posted:

Well yeah I guess saying you 'lose' those things wasn't 100% right, but the point is more the difference between attacking once (vital strike) and attacking X times (your normal attacks + haste attack + gore attack from demon mythic thingy, which is I think 7 attacks at level 20?), and each one of those attacks potentially triggering all the things in the breakdown I posted.

I have definitely been torn about dropping the whole elven curve blade dex focus thing and just going full str. What tipped it over for me was the two mounted feats (rolling your mobility to prevent an attack from hitting your dog, and also doing a save on the dog's behalf with mobility). You're probably looking at about a 7 or more point swing in those rolls if you go with STR instead of DEX, and I think it's probably worth it. As it stands, chances are your dog already has the highest AC of anyone in your party right now, and if some hit sneaks by, being able to say NOPE to it is pretty drat nice. Similarly the main (imo) weakness of a mounted fighter is the fact that your dumb mount very likely has almost no will save whatsoever so turning that +3 into a +28 mobility check is very strongk.

The problem, of course, is that this costs you some feats (one of them mythic, if you go THF) for dex to damage. I'm not sure 100% if it's too huge a deal, as the feats you want are pretty obviously earmarked (mounted feats/teamwork feats/crit feats) and outside of that it's mostly gravy.

You could sacrifice the survivability of the mounted feats and gain reach with a fauchard and go with cleave feats but I think the main *benefit* of being mounted (making your fighter essentially invincible) would be lost for some more killing power, which you already excel at.

All true and fair points.
I'm taking a page from your book for my new run (Lich and Aeon being on hold, I figure *at least* Demon shouldn't be too bugged since it's a main path) and going STR Motherless with a Falchion. Dunno whether I'll do the VS thing in the end, we'll see when that comes up. What I lose on mobility from not going 19 DEX, I get back (some) by being Motherless and picking a background that has Mobility as a bonus class skill. Plus, that bite to go with the demon horns.

And yeah, no on the fauchard because horns+bite+wolfie bites. Reach is for landlubbers. There might be some benefit to going scimitar/falcata+shield (TWF & bashing finish) to be able to give your shield bonus to the doggo in passing, but eh. More of a ranger/gendarme thing, the whole thing is very feat hungry.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
The latest patch finally broke the game entirely. It's impossible to progress in Act 4 because all the stuff that happens in Nocticula's palace just doesn't trigger. Neither of the important NPCs spawn in anywhere, you can't even spot the hidden creche where a certain extremely important plot item is stored. Just a complete, inert dead end.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

jinx, the hex falchion appears to deal its bonus weapon damage if hexes fail — even if the hexes don't have an effect on failure, like misfortune. That might be a turn-based only thing, it might be some other timing thing, idk.

it's also weird that "weapon damage" isn't weapon damage but instead full damage with all bonuses except crit. Guessing Wide Sweep is hilarious too

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

Trip report : charges still get randomly eaten post patch that fixes charges getting eaten randomly.
:negative:

Charges with pounce would be so good if they worked. My charge gets eaten more often than not in turn based, even if the path looks completely clear of obstacles, friendlies and enemies.

kaleedity posted:

it's also weird that "weapon damage" isn't weapon damage but instead full damage with all bonuses except crit. Guessing Wide Sweep is hilarious too
Wide sweep is great but it only works on enemies that are right next to each other so it's not stupidly powerful.

Mercrom fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 14, 2021

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

charge is just crazy. I don't remember having a third of the problems charging in kingmaker with the turnbased mod that this poo poo has.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Do the undead companions from the lich rout have personalities?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

Any "make an attack with" statement is talking about an attack roll; attack rolls are explicitly always the d20 rolled to determine if you've hit something. Damage isn't an attack roll. Pathfinder uses language like this loving everywhere and assumes you know it.

Spellstrike should be integrated into spell combat if they're both turned on. With just spellstrike, you can cast a spell that has a touch component and make a swing instead of the touch. Spell combat is specifically a full-round only action that allows you to make a full attack action with your main hand weapon -- potentially several attacks -- while casting a spell as a part of that action. It can be a touch spell and thus benefit from spellstrike, but it doesn't need to be.

Spell combat does not give you guaranteed concentration checks. You still have to make a concentration check to "cast defensively" to avoid attacks of opportunity, although it does give you a bonus that gets better. Early on you can have problems with casting defensively being difficult, but it becomes easier at higher levels.

3: oh eldritch scion apparently can only spell combat under certain conditions based on their arcane pool. spellstrike is supposed to be for magus spells only. Even if you gain spells via another means, only magus spells can be used with spellstrike. Bloodline abilities are not magus spells, unfortunately.

all above is based on what i'd expect it to be but might be different in the pc games.
thanks! usually the game is better about specifying whether something is an attack roll or a damage roll but the specific phrasing confused me her (making no mentions of any rolls)

if i'm understanding it correctly touch spells actually have two parts, then? those being "casting the spell" and "applying the spell" where the first part is what incurs attacks of opportunity? i'm still a little confused since the magus will always be in melee range, so unless it's the first move at the start of combat i'm almost guaranteed to be casting in melee range. i know there's a "combat casting" feat that makes it less likely to happen, but i guess it's always gonna be a roll then?

as for the third question, i discovered that right after posting it :v: this one's on me, the tooltip actually specifically states that you can use spellstrike on any touch spell from the magus spell list so yeah, stuff from other sources just don't work.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Your Computer posted:

i'm just playing the first game for the first time and i have a couple of magus questions:

1) i thought spellstrike casts did not provoke attacks of opportunity but they seem to be doing it anyway?

is it because i have spell combat enabled? if so, why does enabling spell combat suddenly make spellstrike stop working

2) what exactly does spell combat even do? it says "make an attack with -2 penalty". -2 penalty to what? to the attack roll? to the damage roll? how does it actually interact with spellstrike? does it apply the penalty to everything you do always or does it only apply the penalty when you are using it as a full-round action? i am so confused about this button

3) does it not actually work with all touch magic like it says? i went with fey bloodline and the laughing attack does not seem to work with spellstrike

So when you try to cast and are threatened you automatically cast defensively, which is a concentration check. If you pass the check there is no AoO.

A good way to think of spell combat is like dual wielding, but you're using a spell instead of an off-hand weapon. There are some caveats, like the spell needs to be a casting time of "standard action" (this is why spontaneous metamagic doesn't work, because those increase the casting time to full round). You use a full round action, which normally with dual wielding would be 2 attacks at a -2 to-hit penalty (plus your extra attacks from high base attack bonus), but instead of a second off-hand attack you cast a spell. If the spell has an attack component it takes the -2 to-hit penalty, but you can also use non-offensive spells if you want.

The way touch spells work is you get a 'free' touch attack. With spellstrike you make exchange that with a weapon attack. So you're getting weapon bonus and can get crits off your spell in exchange for having to hit with your weapon swing. Something that isn't clear and isn't shown clearly is that if you miss, you don't "lose" your spell. It stays "charged" until you hit with a swing, which can lead to confusing turns.

So combined you can cast, say, touch of fatigue with spell combat. I'm not sure if the spell or attacks go first, but I think it should be first swing->spell->rest of swings. So you'd get an attack with -2 to hit, then you'd do a concentration check to avoid triggering an attack of opportunity, cast touch of fatigue, and then make another swing with -2 to hit to deliver that touch attack. If that hits you deal damage and then your spell checks spell resistence and they get their fort save against that spell.

Eldritch scion modifies all this in a couple ways. Mainly, "An eldritch scion can only use spell combat while in a state of mystic focus (see eldritch pool, above). At 8th level, an eldritch scion can use spell combat at any time." So until then you need to use a charge of that to be able to do spell combat (the full round do-hicky). You can still cast and deliver the spell through spellstrike.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Infinity Gaia posted:

You're now in Act 3 which is pretty freeform. You can do things more or less however you want. No real time limits either.

Learn from my mistakes though and avoid the Wintersun and Blackwater areas for awhile.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

EclecticTastes posted:

If you apply metamagic to any of those spells, those versions will stay in your spellbook even after you remove the ring/bracers, in case you wanted to just have several additional spells known, including a bunch of impossible ones. And yeah, this would usually mean always casting them at a higher level, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you happen to go Trickster, you can get Completely Normal Spell, which is good enough on its own (-1 spell level), but is also bugged so that if you create a Normal Spell version of a spell, then apply additional metamagic to that, you get an additional -1 level, which means you can create an Empowered spell that's exactly the same level as the original.

Sometimes when the game is broken to poo poo, it works out in ways that make it more fun.

Pathfinder CRPG: it works out in ways that make it more fun

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Your Computer posted:

thanks! usually the game is better about specifying whether something is an attack roll or a damage roll but the specific phrasing confused me her (making no mentions of any rolls)

if i'm understanding it correctly touch spells actually have two parts, then? those being "casting the spell" and "applying the spell" where the first part is what incurs attacks of opportunity? i'm still a little confused since the magus will always be in melee range, so unless it's the first move at the start of combat i'm almost guaranteed to be casting in melee range. i know there's a "combat casting" feat that makes it less likely to happen, but i guess it's always gonna be a roll then?

as for the third question, i discovered that right after posting it :v: this one's on me, the tooltip actually specifically states that you can use spellstrike on any touch spell from the magus spell list so yeah, stuff from other sources just don't work.

Your thinking is correct and yeah there's a lot of moving parts. You get several bonuses to concentration and there's really great low level spells for it so those rolls end up being unfailable a lot of the time later.

There should be a way to cast a touch spell out of range into move action into spellstrike; this is how you'd expect to do it pnp early levels and I assume there's a series of clicks that you'd do but I haven't tried magus yet here.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

The latest patch finally broke the game entirely. It's impossible to progress in Act 4 because all the stuff that happens in Nocticula's palace just doesn't trigger. Neither of the important NPCs spawn in anywhere, you can't even spot the hidden creche where a certain extremely important plot item is stored. Just a complete, inert dead end.

Also have to go through hoops for leveling characters. Froze a couple times.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

JamMasterJim posted:

Also have to go through hoops for leveling characters. Froze a couple times.

Turns out when I decided not to quit playing the game, the game decided to quit playing the game.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah when I level up sometimes I have to hit escape to make menus reappear

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

Turns out when I decided not to quit playing the game, the game decided to quit playing the game.

You're constantly furious and screaming in this thread. Why don't you take a break.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
anyone know why i can't leave a location? i'm in the shrine of sacrilege but uhh when i click on "outside" nothing happens :(

edit: tried making a campfire and couldn't interact with it either :(

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 14, 2021

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You're constantly furious and screaming in this thread. Why don't you take a break.

Do you think everyone who tries to phrase their annoyance in a humorous or entertaining fashion is either screaming or furious? I find it's best not to make wild assumptions about a person's emotional state based on text, as it's easy to misconstrue tone and come off like a presumptuous busybody. But, I guess gently caress me for engaging in wordplay in response to a game-breaking bug?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
After this patch, if my first action in a new combat is to hit someone with a sword, the game crashes. If I use a spell first it’s fine; I can hit people with swords until the end of combat without issue.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

EclecticTastes posted:

Do you think everyone who tries to phrase their annoyance in a humorous or entertaining fashion is either screaming or furious? I find it's best not to make wild assumptions about a person's emotional state based on text, as it's easy to misconstrue tone and come off like a presumptuous busybody. But, I guess gently caress me for engaging in wordplay in response to a game-breaking bug?

You have no one to blame but yourself and your post history for coming across this way lol

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kobal2 posted:

All true and fair points.
I'm taking a page from your book for my new run (Lich and Aeon being on hold, I figure *at least* Demon shouldn't be too bugged since it's a main path) and going STR Motherless with a Falchion. Dunno whether I'll do the VS thing in the end, we'll see when that comes up. What I lose on mobility from not going 19 DEX, I get back (some) by being Motherless and picking a background that has Mobility as a bonus class skill. Plus, that bite to go with the demon horns.

And yeah, no on the fauchard because horns+bite+wolfie bites. Reach is for landlubbers. There might be some benefit to going scimitar/falcata+shield (TWF & bashing finish) to be able to give your shield bonus to the doggo in passing, but eh. More of a ranger/gendarme thing, the whole thing is very feat hungry.

Good call on the reach... I didn't actually think about that, and that's one less feat for losing exotic wep prof. Getting an extra attack through an additional bite is pretty big mojo. Hmm. Oof that's tough.

I think it's probably worth the trade but I'll have a hard time doing it because if your mount gets held monstered or greased or whatever it may be by failing a save that'd be sad times. drat that's tempting though

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Couple of questions;

1. Is it possible and valid to have a party with every member having a pet?

2. Is Drezen meant to feel like such a slog? Scared of resting

3. Talking of resting; is there a strict time limit like kingmaker? Been avoiding resting unless absolutely necessary

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

Okay so apparently the reason enemies have so much spell resist is because there's a bonkers amount of gear to help you overcome spell resist. But now that I got a bunch of it, Nenio is slinging around instadeath spells to everything that's not immune to death

:feelsgood:

I've seen a bunch of items like a ring that does extra fire damage also has extra spell penetration but I wasn't sure if that only applied to fire damage spells. Do these apply to all spells?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ash Crimson posted:

Couple of questions;

3. Talking of resting; is there a strict time limit like kingmaker? Been avoiding resting unless absolutely necessary

1. Yes, though you're going to have a hard time in real-time combat with that many extra bodies.

2. It's intended that you feel pressure, yes, but there are safe resting spots after every major push forward. Make use of them if you need to.

3. Chapter 1 (running around in Kenabres) has a time limit where the attack on the tavern triggers at a fixed time, and after that a couple of events in the city will be different. The super secret ending also has a very strict time requirement (like, you have to finish the game in a specific in-game week). Chapter 3 has demon armies constantly spawning and attacking. Other than those, there's really no time pressure.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

You have no one to blame but yourself and your post history for coming across this way lol

Too bad there’s no “Like Post” feature on this forum.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Incidentally, I encountered a bug but I'm not sure if it's with the base game or Toy Box. If you play a Kitsune Kinetic Knight (alliteration ho!) and toggle into your human form, you can't use your kinetic blast. Everything else still works, just KB and all the associated gadgets (infusions, gather power, etc) grey out and don't respond when clicked. I reported it last night, hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I want to be able to use Master Shapeshifter, haha.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ash Crimson posted:

Couple of questions;

1) Yeah. By default only Seelah gets a pet in her base class but its completely trivial to get Sosiel Impossible Domain: Animals as a Mythic feat to get him one as well.

After that you're looking into some reclassing but you get a lot of people at low enough levels you can still have a fully powered pet. Lann and Wenduag both have really popular/powerful builds that can easily slot a pet in by having them multiclass to Inquisitor or Cleric. There's also an item you can pick up in Act 2 that gives whoever its equipped on a free Triceratops companion at character level -4 which is still pretty solid if you want to use some of the late joiners and still give them a worthwhile pet.

Also if you go Azata or Lich you get another free pet on top of any existing pets in the party. A Dragon or Zombie respectively.

If you do any of this you will want to play mostly/exclusively in turn based because holy gently caress is pathfinding bad and in turn based allied characters can path through each other.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ash Crimson posted:

Couple of questions;

Maximum pets is kind of annoying because there isn't enough room in melee for them a lot of the time, but it is very strong. Some companions are more suited for it than others though. Not a great idea to multiclass towards pets on someone who's a full caster or who already has 5+ levels in a non-pet class (since Boon Companion will only give you +4). Lann/Wenduag/Camellia/Seelah all start at level 1 so it's easy to shift them to a pet class if you want, and Seelah even gets one by default if you continue down paladin. You could do it just fine with Woljif if you want. Sosiel can get a pet via mythic Impossible Domain. The rest I'd suggest against.

Drezen is indeed insanely long, although I think they give you plenty of rests. I still had like 3 leftover when I finished it.

No strict time limit, although demon armies do get sent at your cities occasionally that you need to be capable of dealing with in crusade mode.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 14, 2021

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

How does a +3 and a +5 on the same weapon work?

EDIT: lol this glaive is nice but uhhh I guess I gotta put protection from sonic on my party and keep it up now.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 14, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ash Crimson posted:

Couple of questions;

Yes

Crusader supplies are all over Drezen and let you do a full rest like you were in a city, no corruption buildup etc. also the crusader supplies after the big boss fight (before you go into the castle) are infinite and you can exit the castle and use them whenever you want.

There’s no time rush in Drezen so use it liberally if you need to.
After act 2 I haven’t run into time based stuff yet though I know of at least one the dragon hunt but I have no idea when it pops. I’m generally really stingy with my rests just as a self imposed difficulty thing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

You managed to be more irritating with this post than I thought you would. Chill out lol

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

The super secret ending time limit week seems rather far out if the one I found was correct. I finished the game at least a half a year ahead of that.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Zore posted:

1) Yeah. By default only Seelah gets a pet in her base class but its completely trivial to get Sosiel Impossible Domain: Animals as a Mythic feat to get him one as well.

After that you're looking into some reclassing

Well, let's not be too hasty, I think we can get a few more animal buddies without reclassing:

-Seelah and Sosiel: As mentioned above.

-Regill: Impossible Domain (Animals) after taking Pentamic Faith once.

-Camellia: Second Spirit (Nature), though there's a bit of a wait since she doesn't get it until level 16.

-Daeran: Second Mystery (Nature) along with the Bonded Mount revelation unlocked thereby.

I think that's all of them (some of the path-specific companions can use these same methods to get animal companions, as well, I believe), which is enough to deploy a full party of animal companions without straying from their companions' default classes if one so chooses. And of course the triceratops statue is something of a wild card since it can be applied to anyone (and at present, it even fulfilled the Animal Companion prerequisite for feats and abilities that require it; I'm not sure whether that's a bug or not but it's probably pretty handy for anyone that likes have lots of animals around), but it also has some limitations (it only scales to level -4 and it randomly unequips all its gear). I wouldn't be surprised if there were other methods to cheese animal companions onto even more characters; I'll be sure to point out if I discover any, I love fiddly interactions like that.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 14, 2021

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

kaleedity posted:

charge is just crazy. I don't remember having a third of the problems charging in kingmaker with the turnbased mod that this poo poo has.

I don't remember all that well; what I do remember is that when the turn based mod came out, all of a sudden charge and a few other things actually worked.

I haven't played more than about an hour with the current patch, but I haven't seen a charge glitch yet. It's still wonky, but so far all I've seen is the pathfinding issue: "there is no clear path" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I do think its funny how clearly TBM was rebuilt from the ground up here from Kingmaker and has its own idiosyncrasies. Like in Kingmaker units couldn't normally path through other allied units even in turn based which made melee a lot harder to use. However, they could charge through allied units which ironically made charging a lot easier than normally running up to hit someone. This is entirely reversed in WotR,