Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Happy birthday stux, hope it goes off with quite a “bang”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

When the Stadia thread is not about Stux he becomes confused and scared and needs to break the page. Please be understanding and gentle, people.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

commando in tophat posted:

Please visit a psychiatrist
This seems like an overreaction at best and kind of gross at worst.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

stux's boner crime spree is out of control!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
eh I've seen longer

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Stux posted:

ok, so now we're just letting absolutely anyone come in here and slap me around the ears, just because i think the stadia is funny? Alright. guess we live in hellword then. Jesus loving Christ its 2021 people. Do. Better. really making me facepalm with all the sealions in here JAQing off everywhere.

<cryingclown.jpg>

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
stux is the proud owner of two stadia

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Is this thread gonna be about anything other than the same five people endlessly, practically bragging about how they took so much bait that they now have a small hook protruding through their cheek?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Kins posted:

Is this thread gonna be about anything other than the same five people endlessly, practically bragging about how they took so much bait that they now have a small hook protruding through their cheek?

Six people :smuggo:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Kins posted:

surely the one thing stux doesn't want is attention

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Man I'm the fuckin president of the HA fanclub

No man I'm the fuckin president of the HA fanclub

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
But who is fuckin the president of the HA fanclub?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

limaCAT posted:

But who is fuckin the president of the HA fanclub?

Larry Page

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Stux posted:

ok let me get this straight, you really think people should be hung drawn and quartered just for disliking stadia? OK. guess thats the world we live in now of days. all i can say is yikes. meanwhile stadia marches on pwning me daily and sleeping with my wife and yall do nothing. mods knew.

lol alright this one was pretty funny, i liked it

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Larry Page
HA joined Google hoping someone would sexually harass him but no luck so far

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

yep. this. glad someone finally said it. that fail brained stadiot would do exaclty something like this, probably due to his brain not working thanks to liking the stadia if i had to guess

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
drat this sounds really neat OP, hope I can get one on sale.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

what is wrong with you

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Freedom Trails posted:

stux is the proud owner of two stadia

I thought the plural of stadia was 'failures'
Also I love that google keyboard doesn't even recognize stadia as a thing.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Does anyone else refer to it as Google Stadiums and when someone corrects it to "Stadia" you tell them you were only ironically misnomering it and they have, in fact, been epicly pwned by your clever ruse

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Get hyped boys, Stadia is saved with VR!

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...US&ceid=US%3Aen

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good god, VR lagging during loading screens already sucks tremendously, I can't imagine streaming it under less than perfect conditions.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Teratrain posted:

Does anyone else refer to it as Google Stadiums and when someone corrects it to "Stadia" you tell them you were only ironically misnomering it and they have, in fact, been epicly pwned by your clever ruse

no but in my friend group i am known as a 'clever fella' and 'a real laugh riot' and sometimes they even tell me that I should quite my day job and be a comedian. so i'll definitely have to try this one out

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

My understanding of Stadia/streaming VR approaches, is it essentially feeds a 180/360 video (or at least much wider than your FOV) and all the head-tracking and anything which might cause motion sickness is done locally against that video. It's not the stupidest idea in concept.
Of course, VR is a niche, so this is a niche of a niche so I imagine exactly 3 people will ever use it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

lots of people want to try VR the hardware is too expensive, and not just to run it the headset too.

PSVR is the best cheap option for VR. (a used PS4 to run it isn't adding much as this point)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

PSVR is in it's death throes. The Quest is the primary entry point now, at least for those who can stomach Facebook.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SCheeseman posted:

PSVR is in it's death throes. The Quest is the primary entry point now, at least for those who can stomach Facebook.

yeah hoping there's a new psvr for the PS5, I deleted my facebook account years ago (having a pretty common name makes the algorithm bonkers I guess) and gently caress diving back into that ever again lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oculus requiring facebook is the dumbest decision in gaming, and that's saying something considering this is in the stadia thread

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It got a few people I know to at least set up stub Facebook accounts (including me lol). I'm not sure how much the requirement actually matters in terms of hindering adoption, the Quest has sold quite well and has the greatest attachment rate of any VR headset.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was exaggerating, but it is a massive turnoff. I already have my email and phone number tied up in facebook and I have no interest in my friends and family knowing what I'm playing, why would I bother looking up how to make a spoof account when I could just get a headset that doesn't require that.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Cost. Quest 2 is $299 and has no external hardware requirement (but can also connect to a PC). An Index costs $1k and requires a PC, PSVR is aging and the rest are kind of junk.

Not that I don't agree the account requirement is exploitative bullshit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I got a dumb Windows headset for the cheaper price and it works with a little effort without having to do any social media bullshit. Anyways, Stadia!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

go away dont stadia

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SCheeseman posted:

It got a few people I know to at least set up stub Facebook accounts (including me lol). I'm not sure how much the requirement actually matters in terms of hindering adoption, the Quest has sold quite well and has the greatest attachment rate of any VR headset.

yeah but then it's less funny when you see phishing emails

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

edit: snipped out the longest joker

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wonder how pissed those watching the mod queue will get if someone reports that?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Is this one of those funny Stux posts I keep hearing about? Asking for a friend

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is this one of those funny Stux posts I keep hearing about? Asking for a friend

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeasinbeer