Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

anyhow looking forward to having my future cancer misdiagnosed as athlete's foot by scanbot 9000 that HCA paid some wiz-kids to make to replace the scores of burnt out and/or dead medical professionals, and then having my malpractice suit tossed because the lawfirm's bot based their arguments on maritime case law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

captainbananas posted:

anyhow looking forward to having my future cancer misdiagnosed as athlete's foot by scanbot 9000 that HCA paid some wiz-kids to make to replace the scores of burnt out and/or dead medical professionals, and then having my malpractice suit tossed because the lawfirm's bot based their arguments on maritime case law.

That trial was rigged, the Jurybot was tampered with!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

just because they can't actually successfully automate away your job doesn't mean they won't destroy it in the process of trying to do so

god i loving hope so. i'm so tired.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

captainbananas posted:

The robot's gold fringe means it can only be sued in an admiralty court.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dow is down 300 points today and 1,000 points for the past month.

Suppose it really isn't anything worth of note until we see thousand points a day.

I miss the early 2020's :(

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That trial was rigged, the Jurybot was tampered with!

man, people buying their way out of jury duty service by paying for some lovely ensemble ML program to sit in for them would be something to see

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nice and hot piss posted:

Suppose it really isn't anything worth of note until we see thousand points a day.

all that red

it sure was fun

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

the dress got them spooked

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
who made number sad today

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

just because they can't actually successfully automate away your job doesn't mean they won't destroy it in the process of trying to do so

That's NPM, the intent was always to be able to easily swap in the robots later.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I looked at my retirement accounts and September is barely a blip on number's triumphant rise since March 2020.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Testvan posted:

who made number sad today

I don't know but DIS better get it's poo poo together or I'm gonna write an angry email.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is how crashes and corrections begin. Slow and steady trickle of blood.

Will be up 3k points tomorrow

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I look back nostalgically on the -3000 day

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
wake me up when it's a -34,000 day

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my mcdonalds isnt selling cheeseburgers or mcdoubles................... hahahahahahahah

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you can only buy the stuff that has massive markups like quarter pounders and poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i am 100% convinced our nation is ending now. good run yall.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

my mcdonalds isnt selling cheeseburgers or mcdoubles................... hahahahahahahah

mcdouble is just gone? welp thats it america is over folks. its everyone for themselves now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good. Nationalism is a terrible ideology

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
whatever, i'll just get wendy's instead

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

euphronius posted:

how can you have been alive for the past 10 years and think “AI” is anything other than garbage buzzwords for idiots

ibm's doing some interesting stuff for aggressively mundane ends in this space. Otherwise, yeah, it's p much bunk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rutibex posted:

mcdouble is just gone? welp thats it america is over folks. its everyone for themselves now

Learn to read

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

I'll go eat a mcdouble at my mcd's for you. Just pm me your address

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Cold on a Cob posted:

whatever, i'll just get wendy's instead

Posting before the Jr bacon cheeseburger disappointment

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I got one today. The square patty is still safe.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

pancake rabbit posted:

i applaud your commitment but also how have you managed to not set foot inside a grocery store for a year and a half, instacart is expensive af

Yeah, if you are in a place with reliable curbside or were willing to pay a slight premium for Shipt this was incredibly doable. I didnt go into a store from feb 2020 til about April 2021 and then it was only into a Home Depot because of a repair emergency. At this point I still only go into Home Depot/Lowes and nowhere else.

Cold on a Cob posted:

god i loving hope so. i'm so tired.

The best thing that could happen to me right now, for my mental and physical health, is a layoff.

This

anime was right posted:

And this

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

net work error posted:

the last recession shrank the jbcb like 30% at least

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

net work error posted:

Turns out the square is the strongest shape

Suck a gently caress, triangles

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

anime was right posted:

When I think back over the last 5 or so years I can clearly see that I went through a stage of denial, followed by anger, then bargaining, and a long period of depression, but I'm finally starting to hit acceptance. And I can see now that the loss I was grieving was the loss of my country, of my future, of my dreams. It sucks so much but honestly I'm glad I went through it. At least I can now face the inevitable reality of what's coming. I feel for the people who are still waiting for everything to go back to normal, but everyone is gonna have to go through the 5 stages at some point now.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

As long as the spicy chicken sandwich bogo deal stays strong, the nation will hold. :911:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Turns out the square is the strongest shape

Suck a gently caress, triangles

Not sure if I posted it already but I am firmly convinced that the future will be determined by the battle of cube vs orb.

E: maybe I first heard about it in a current affairs podcast episode. Will need to verify.

net work error has issued a correction as of 22:38 on Sep 14, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Number remains mighty!

DOW 50K

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

What a great financial analysis - banking will die because fintech is replacing it. Google the difference between fintech & banking? Why, I'm a financial expert and need no such things.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

GEMorris posted:

The best thing that could happen to me right now, for my mental and physical health, is a layoff.

hell yeah

me too :shobon:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Get. To. Work!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The factory has decided that instead of laying me off due to lack of work that my time is better spent spending days sweeping the factory. A number of other employees are in the same boat and the idea behind it is if we are laid off we might get a different job and the factory is having problems getting people to work for $9.25 starting.

Tiaer
Oct 6, 2020
https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1437748940494020614

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

What a great financial analysis - banking will die because fintech is replacing it. Google the difference between fintech & banking? Why, I'm a financial expert and need no such things.

Real Estate broker is obsolete because you can't visit the home before a sale is complete anyway. No need for a tour guide if there's no tour because the only way to get a house is frantically grabbing on to whatever is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Nonsense posted:

Get. To. Work!