Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sorry I lost my cool at the church. Took 30 minutes of waiting but I got my fresh za.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

18 pizzas. Four per pizza probably means 72 people…

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jingleheimer posted:

You absolutely can call in those orders, and the Costco food court employees very much prefer that you do so rather than showing up unannounced and ordering 18 pizzas.

This is excellent info to have! I never really considered it, but it looks like you can call locations directly. Hell yeah.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
That guy is also probably very lucky that they even had enough dough ready to make him 18 pizzas on the spot like that.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

That guy is also probably very lucky that they even had enough dough ready to make him 18 pizzas on the spot like that.

if there's ever a place that would its da 'co

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CaptainCrunch posted:

I went in for a flat of Coke Zero

I like the new flavor formulation.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chinatown posted:

:same:, it might even replace Pepsi Max as my favorite soda

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Chinatown posted:

I was apprehensive since usually what happens is:

Do I like it?
Yes.
Corporate entity deletes with prejudice.

This time, it’s ok. I barely noticed the change.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i wonder if the deli kiosk has a maximum order size, and if so, what is it

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Spotted in the co

:kstare:
jfc that sodium

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You're probably not meant to drink the broth.

imma do it anyway

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You're definitely supposed to drink ramen broth

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Chase with a litre of water

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gaius Marius posted:

No need to be salty about it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AKZ posted:

Spotted in the co

:kstare:
jfc that sodium

Yeah but that ramen is real fuckin' good man

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just cry a lot afterwards to balance out your sodium levels

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh drat I did not even check the label, I've been housing that stuff

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Iron Chef Morimoto was a guest on Masterchef a few weeks ago. His new hairline kinda threw me off for a minute.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That ramen is good poo poo. If you ever see the tonkotsu flavor somewhere give it a try.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

NewFatMike posted:

Oh drat I did not even check the label, I've been housing that stuff

It's fine. The data on health effects from eating lots of salt is very controversial. There are a couple particular conditions where you def need to cut down on the salt, but if you don't have those don't worry about it that much. Probably not a great idea to eat that entire box in a single day, but once in a while isn't going to hurt you.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

toplitzin posted:

It's very warehouse specific.

The shop here in North Durham is never not busy or behind. They're even often slow/busy even when swapping a battery or filling a propane tank.

That one sucks so bad for tire shop holy poo poo

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Guys, I need a dang office chair. Which of Costco's offerings do you recommend?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

This is not costco, but I bought my Steelcase Leap off of Amazon Warehouse earlier this year. As of this post, theres a Like New (so basically the box will be kinda hosed up) on amazon warehouse for 727.24.
https://www.amazon.com/Steelcase-Fabric-Chair-Black-46216179FBL/dp/B006H1QYBA

You just gotta click the New & Used button on the page for it and then keep on scrolling till you see it. Just make sure you check the details to make sure its from amazon and that it just says the packaging is damaged.
I dunno how much you wanna spend though. Steelcase chairs are pretty common office chairs so you can also check office liquidator stores or offerup/craigslit if you don't mind something more used.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

None of them. Having built and say in all of them. They're just not great, hit the Goodwill's and craigslist for office liquidations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I ate another pie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
yah office liquidation for steelcase or herman miller is what u want. Can confirm the costco chairs are not great (had one and returned it after a week)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Anyone else go nuts on the City Sour sourdough bread? I love it, slathered with some Kerrygold butter, garden tomato slices, and black pepper.

Spinz posted:

I ate another pie

Get it!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Costco chair I have is fine but creaks like a motherfucker. Not great since I work graveyard from home and it wakes the family up if I'm not careful.

How does one go about finding an office liquidation?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

LadyPictureShow posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL4...e-garden&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Rep...8&ts_id=1069154

https://www.amazon.com/Aloudy-Ergon...31657997&sr=8-5

Under $200, goon recommended value for your goon rear end.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Renegret posted:

The Costco chair I have is fine but creaks like a motherfucker. Not great since I work graveyard from home and it wakes the family up if I'm not careful.

I have the Costco mesh chair off of recommendation from this thread and hate it. Only Costco purchase I regret

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Renegret posted:

Facebook marketplace here in Chicago is great for it, you can Google for office liquidation furniture business in your area.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Google for 'office liquidators <closest major city>' and you should get a couple places. In Portland, we have two sharing the same building (but with different street addresses).

Took my kid to one last year to set up her plague office for high school. Got a ridiculous deal on a slightly used Steelcase. They also had new-in-box sitty-standy-uppy desks from a local designer, so we wound up outfitting my wife's plague office with it and a "new" chair for her. I'm still rocking my 20-year-old Aeron, now with roller-blade wheels, so I'm good to go.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Renegret posted:

the last time i did this i just looked around and found an office furniture store in my area that sells used/refurb stuff. they will have a boatload of used chairs and if they don't have stuff listed online you can call or go in to the store. it's the kind of thing where a person off the street isn't their main moneymaker but they will be happy to sell you a single used chair and you can get some real nice stuff for cheap

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you live near a decent sized city they should have office liquidator(s) somewhere around town. i got a great condition aeron from one for around 400$ at the beginning of the pandemic. they had probably 100 to choose from at least.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

It's fine. The data on health effects from eating lots of salt is very controversial. There are a couple particular conditions where you def need to cut down on the salt, but if you don't have those don't worry about it that much. Probably not a great idea to eat that entire box in a single day, but once in a while isn't going to hurt you.

It, along with eggs, were getting the blame for all diet and obesity problems for like 50 years at the backing of the sugar industry.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Tried the legendary $1.50 hot dog combo today. Shockingly large hot dog, to be honest!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Idk guys it seems like goons have had a poor record of going off script w diet and nutrition ideas so I'll probably just go easy on the salt. Thanks though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hypertension is extremely common but you probably already know if you are at risk if you ever go to a doctor

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AKZ posted:

Idk guys it seems like goons have had a poor record of going off script w diet and nutrition ideas so I'll probably just go easy on the salt. Thanks though.

Absolutely don't look into it yourself, go strictly off of goonsay even if it's in the opposite direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought one of the Office All Star chairs off Costco dot com early in the pandemic because I didn't have a second chair for my work from home set up. It gets the job done, don't really regret the purchase but will be buying one of the Steelcases or Herman Miller ones next