Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mix. posted:

But they hotfixed that poo poo.

lol, just, gently caress dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mix. posted:

sometimes your killer instinct just doesnt work right.)

Not that I don't believe you, but I know sometimes people miss the fact that Killer Instinct during frenzy only works in your terror radius, so it doesn't hurt oblivious people.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 14, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

rydiafan posted:

Not that I don't believe you, but I know sometimes people miss the fact that Killer Instinct during frenzy only works in your your radius, so it doesn't hurt oblivious people.

no no, i know that, i mean that sometimes the highlight just vanishes entirely without you smacking the person or gets hung up even after you smack someone with frenzy

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I assume I got 500K free bloodpoints because I was doing the lines out loud while playing Pinhead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

All those points and it got my Bubba up to about level 30. The grind in this game is ridiculous

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

1000k blood points takes you up to about level 35 - 40

Takes about 1.3 to 1.5 to get to 50

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

Olewithmilk posted:

Played both killer and survivor games today and been compeltely hosed each time. i hate myself, the game, other players, and myself.

Bad killer games are infinitely more tilting for me than survivor. I feel like after playing this game I can only root for the killer in any horror film.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is Myers a reasonable character to start playing on? He's so fun, and his gameplay loops seems simple enough.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sure, he's not the most powerful killer out there but he's mechanically pretty simple.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just got my first win on myers, definitely sticking with him, so drat fun.

I think best for last and play with your food are decent perks for a starter build as well, and once I get bbq and chili I just need one more decent perk off the blood web and I should be good to go.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Just got my first win on myers, definitely sticking with him, so drat fun.

I think best for last and play with your food are decent perks for a starter build as well, and once I get bbq and chili I just need one more decent perk off the blood web and I should be good to go.

If you have doctor, monitor & abuse is fun on him because it shrinks his Evil Within II terror radius to almost nothing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Michael can run a lot of silly gimmicks that are surprisingly effective. Infinite Tier 3 and one of the addons that boosts your stalk rate is funny. So is taking Scratched Mirror (the addon that lets you see through walls in exchange for always being tier 1) and sending the match to Lery's

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, videos of the infinite tier 3 tombstone myers and the mirror builds definitely influenced my choice of killer.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

tithin posted:

1000k blood points takes you up to about level 35 - 40

Takes about 1.3 to 1.5 to get to 50

and takes about 3 million to see rank 1 of BBQ and chili

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I really dislike the way hooks work in this game. Had a match where it came down to two people, a Jake and a Steve who was being a clicky clicky trash fire. Steve gets the gate to three bars, I take him out on the hook closest to the gate. Close the nearby hatch, run into Jake lurking and down him too. Pick him up and there are no hooks I can get him to with the one Steve broke. So I drop him and start smacking the broken hook as if to indicate "Don't look at me, I physically can't hook you without you beating me to the gate and I'm not going to give you a free win just because Steve died where he did." Jake crawls away from any hooks and bleeds out

Yellow Moris should really be a default option just for situations like that, but it'll never happen

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Okay... who was it?

quote:

A lawyer dressed as a horror movie character on a Texas beach said his eccentric actions were just a prank to make people smile.

But it also led to the arrest of Mark Metzger, the Galveston attorney some people saw roaming a local beach in a Michael Myers costume. He was cited for disorderly conduct and released by Galveston police, KTRK reported.

Police received a call Monday about a masked man holding what appeared to be a bloody knife while walking on the beach ahead of Tropical Storm Nicholas, according to The Daily News in Galveston.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-dressed-michael-myers-arrested-125824512.html

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 14, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RPD and Dead Dawg Saloon are re-enabled.

Also they fixed the FOV being gone for Legion finally :woop: Apparently it wasn't working for ANYTHING that increased FOV, including stuff like monitor and abuse

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Plaything + Retribution is a crazy combination on Trapper. Only problem is that you can't run Ruin with that build, so I have to make do with something like Surge or Pop.

Not letting go of corrupt, that thing is permanently in my Trapper perk set.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Well it seems like if you get stunned while using Pinhead's hook gate, the sound just craps all over itself, nearly everything becomes silent.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm surprised it doesn't spaghetti code into Pinhead getting his voice lines back

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing now that flashlights are way more effective which I'm not sure is a good idea

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

'If you wanna play killer, gently caress you'

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If survivors want to spend their time close to me not doing gens then more power to them. I get so many kills thanks to flashlight brain.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Watching Otz play twins and the Spectator survivor cam bug that has Gen popping noises happening every time you change camera perspective now seems to trigger when you switch between Victor and Charlotte, so that's fun.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Played against a Pinhead today and I just wasn't having fun. The character and concept is just annoying as poo poo to me. Maybe it's something to get used to but the mechanics are just painful to me. It's a slog that ends in either a win or a loss there is really no enjoyment in the match, or close calls, or anything wacky.

It's like being told you get to ride on a rollercoaster but it's just a straight section that goes for a mile at a snails pace.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Comfortador posted:

Played against a Pinhead today and I just wasn't having fun.

It's like being told you get to ride on a rollercoaster but it's just a straight section that goes for a mile at a snails pace.

I agree with these bits, but I feel bad for the Pinheads mostly. Solving the cube in a structure typically makes it pretty safe, the teleport is a double edged sword that hurts pinhead more than the survivors the more experience they have against him.

He seems to me, possibly more than any of the other new killers, immensely weak to the hold W meta. Against good survivors missing your chain in a chase means you've lost the chase, period. Even so, the chains are not as guaranteed as they seem at first glance due to geometry and self breakage, they're not even guaranteed to give a hit on some medium safe loops. The cube just doesn't slow the game down enough.

Like the trickster before feeling like a worse Huntress, the cenobite feels like a worse deathslinger, unless you're using the damage iri for the chain which is a gamechanger and makes it a legitimate threat.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
8 streak on Myers, really loving these new player lobbies.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I've played 5 games recently, starting right after the rank reset / 500k bonus (my first games in a couple of months). Mediocre loss, bad loss, game where I kill everyone before they got a single gen within Tinkerer range, insanely bad loss where every survivor was doing clip-through-the-wall-grade hugging on loops, insanely bad loss where everyone was running some perk where the gens blew up and blinded me when I kicked them.

Kinda feels like they somehow made matchmaking worse, because not only were none of these remotely close or enjoyable, 4 of the 5 games took like 10 minutes to matchmake each (as killer). Not great!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I've played 5 games recently, starting right after the rank reset / 500k bonus (my first games in a couple of months). Mediocre loss, bad loss, game where I kill everyone before they got a single gen within Tinkerer range, insanely bad loss where every survivor was doing clip-through-the-wall-grade hugging on loops, insanely bad loss where everyone was running some perk where the gens blew up and blinded me when I kicked them.

Kinda feels like they somehow made matchmaking worse, because not only were none of these remotely close or enjoyable, 4 of the 5 games took like 10 minutes to matchmake each (as killer). Not great!

My first several games with SBMM were really bad, then it seemed to calibrate itself and started giving me consistently decent matches.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm really getting sick of dead hard. It's so much better than the other exhaustion perks to the point you should just expect everyone to have it at a certain point, and be pleasantly surprised if they don't. I'm not really sure how to fix it, maybe reduce the length of the dash and make it just a dodge move that just lets you gain a little distance instead of prolonging the chase another 15 seconds or so.

I swear a big dead hard nerf and a small decisive strike nerf (make the protection wear off more quickly) would tilt the balance so far in the right direction.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

blast mine was a lot more common when the RE dlc was new but you barely see it anymore

i'm glad those survivors were having fun with a different perk

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like Sprint Burst and Lithe better than Dead Hard, but I know that's a controversial statement.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aurora posted:

i'm glad those survivors were having fun with a different perk
I'm not.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Make regular server ping 100+ and dead hard usage will drop right down. (can confirm this from regular SWFing across the Atlantic)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i bestow upon you dead hard decisive strike borrowed time iron will gamers until the end of time. begone!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Aurora posted:

i bestow upon you dead hard decisive strike borrowed time iron will gamers until the end of time. begone!

I see more Unbreakable than Borrowed Time tbh. Or Adrenaline.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah it's probably up there with those two. unbreakable is also probably more annoying

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

There’s only ever 1 or 2 Unbreakables and Decisives in the lobby but you have to play as if all 4 have them or you risk getting completely blown out. And that’s the real power, it benefits even the survivors who don’t run it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPfwB1WBPM

Saw this on r/leaksbydbd. This data miner is saying the MMR rating is ONLY based on number of kills and length of match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wouldn't be surprised whatsoever that BHVR took another whack at obfuscating stats like they wanted to before, while implementing an even poorer system with it.