Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

What are all the ways to increase your hex dc? Ember used to be my MVP but near the end of act 3 everyone has such high saves that it's pretty rare she can get anything to stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DourCricket posted:

I got to level 11 with my Warpriest before I realized I could use fervor to swift cast buffs on myself.

I am not a smart man.

Oops. I am level 14.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Act 2 so far has been quite high on the "if this was DM'd by a person, you would punch them" moments. In rapid succession (early Act2 encounter spoilers)

• Had to chase an uncatchable, unhittable quasit around cause you can't just nuke it. Scripted ininterruptable cutscene where NPCs act between themselves, then the party is ambushed by 6-7 Babaus. Cavalier MC force-dismounted during the cutscene (and bugged so he can't mount again). Party is surprised so several Babaus get a few 20-30dmg sneak attack on your backline.
  • Kill the Babau, heal to full. Mmm this tent is funky...surprised by 3 fireball demons that have not taken part in the fight that just concluded 20ft away, all 3 fireball your whole party as an opening salvo.
  • Kill the fireball demons, heal up again, running short on stuff now...not too bad, the camp seems to have moved up along the road, guess I can rest there.
  • It's not our warcamp (even if it has the same icon)! It's a drow ambush.
  • I call it out since it's clearly suspicious and while fighting I discover that there were several archers hidden on top of a hill nearby. I send someone to deal with them by climbing the slope, although it's not a slope, it's inpassable terrain that looks like a slope!
  • Nevermind, my MC is a cavalier and he can charge-explode these archers that are standing close together, so the MC goes on a long march around the slope, positioning himself for a charge next round. This de-stealths approximately 10 more drows that were also hidden, specifically along the path to the archers.

Then you wonder why people spam selective Stinking Cloud in situations like these.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

FuzzySlippers posted:

What are all the ways to increase your hex dc? Ember used to be my MVP but near the end of act 3 everyone has such high saves that it's pretty rare she can get anything to stick

IIRC, there's a shirt you can find that increases the DCs of hexes slightly (it might be a different equipment slot, like a necklace or something), but the DC scaling is pretty bad for hexes; you're probably better off using the more support-oriented options.

By the way, out of curiosity, does the Green Faith have a favored weapon? Camellia is capable of reclassing to Cleric, Warpriest, etc., but there's no weapon listed in the Green Faith's tooltip, so it's got me wondering. Same goes for the Lich MC's personal deity option, I'm wondering if you're able to pick out a favored weapon, or if it's just "no favored weapon".

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

That Italian Guy posted:

Then you wonder why people spam selective Stinking Cloud in situations like these.

Better I think to just have a priest cast mass slow poison on the party. It lasts forever. I've never been sure if being in the stinking cloud gives concealment though.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Infinity Gaia posted:

Trickster is supposedly fine in crusade mode. In fact Trickster seems to be one of the least buggy mythic paths right now. From my understanding, in terms of bugginess, Angel, Trickster and Azata are largely fine, Lich and Aeon have crusade issues and Demon has problems in Act 5. The extra paths, Legend is perfectly fine, Gold Dragon has some pretty bad issues and Swarm is absolutely hosed.

The phrasing on the patch implies to me that Gold Dragon's issues have been fixed now so I suppose we'll see

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Are there any good fauchards in this game or is it glaives all the way for reach weapons

I'm close to the end of act 3 and I don't recall seeing a unique fauchard yet. Finnean makes a good anything after the upgrade though.

Also, such a nice little town. Little critters playfully scampering over the rooftops.

Mordecai fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 15, 2021

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Jespass posted:

Whelp can't progress from act 4, the cutscene isn't triggering. Guess I'll have a look at Kingmaker instead.

Act 4 is turbofucked right now due to some missing NPCs. Hope they throw a hotfix soon.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

Ember is MVP even if she does nothing except put up Protective Luck on your tank imo. What a ridiculous ability in a game where you can pretty reliably make enemies attack who you want. It would be much more difficult without her. Though that aside, at least Evil Eye still does its thing for a round if enemies make their save and you can keep it going with cackle. I mostly just do those two things in combat and use her spells for heals/buffs, and feel that she's one of my most useful party members.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
"A goat, a lizard, and a human walk into a tavern. 'What'll it be, Lann?' the bartender asks."

:cheeky:

Edit: I also can't stop reading "Movanic Deva" as "Moronic Diva", so I'm having lots of fun.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 15, 2021

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I was having some awful screen tearing issues today. After looking into it, it seems like the patch capped FPS at 60, even with v-sync turned off, which my FreeSync setup did not like at all. I assume this was them trying to fix the GPU melting issue. Currently playing with v-sync on since I couldn't figure out a way to uncap FPS.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I couldn't find anyone talking about this on the steam or gog forums.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Better I think to just have a priest cast mass slow poison on the party. It lasts forever. I've never been sure if being in the stinking cloud gives concealment though.

It does in Tabletop but not in these games. It's a big reason why (Heightened) Stinking Cloud was so OP in Kingmaker, though it's a lot worse in Wrath.

FuzzySlippers posted:

There's a few pieces of gear that boost hex DCs. There's an amulet that you can get in Act 1 (iirc) and a robe that you can buy in Act 4, maybe some other stuff I missed or haven't seen yet. But they can't otherwise be boosted other than increasing CHA or more Witch levels. Just don't forget that Ember is also a full caster, even if the Witch spell list isn't incredible.

Mordecai posted:

I'm close to the end of act 3 and I don't recall seeing a unique fauchard yet. Finnean makes a good anything after the upgrade though.

There's a unique +2 Holy Fauchard I got somewhere in Act 3, but I can't remember where I got it. There's also a generic +3 sold by one of the merchants in Drezen that is good enough until you find that or upgrade Finnean or whatever.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Vargs posted:

Ember is MVP even if she does nothing except put up Protective Luck on your tank imo. What a ridiculous ability in a game where you can pretty reliably make enemies attack who you want. It would be much more difficult without her. Though that aside, at least Evil Eye still does its thing for a round if enemies make their save and you can keep it going with cackle. I mostly just do those two things in combat and use her spells for heals/buffs, and feel that she's one of my most useful party members.

Echoing this. Slumber is useful early game, but mid and late game Ember can do basically nothing in hard fights but use Luck hexes, Evil Eye, and Cackle and still be queen poo poo of gently caress mountain.

In easier fights she can use Stormlord Bracers, ascendant element lightning, and the Red Salamander Ring to blow up the battlefield.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Mordecai posted:

I'm close to the end of act 3 and I don't recall seeing a unique fauchard yet.

Since I keep every single unique item or weapon/armor with special enchantments in my personal storage (and thanks to infinite money from Toy Box, I have pretty much everything), I can help with this. There is a single unique fauchard I have found, and I've been fairly thorough. It's called Mighty Blow of Good. Sadly, the storage strips off the provenance metadata, so I'm unsure where it came from, but I believe it was storebought, possibly from the skeleton merchant's exotic weapon inventory. Additionally, I don't recall what other forms various relics could take, so one of them may have been capable of becoming a fauchard, as well. It does appear that fauchards have the fewest unique weapons, though (I've even found a few unique tongi, with names and everything), so Finnean may be the way to go.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Demons are all immune to poison effects, which includes stinking cloud. :engleft:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

EclecticTastes posted:

Since I keep every single unique item or weapon/armor with special enchantments in my personal storage (and thanks to infinite money from Toy Box, I have pretty much everything), I can help with this. There is a single unique fauchard I have found, and I've been fairly thorough. It's called Mighty Blow of Good. Sadly, the storage strips off the provenance metadata, so I'm unsure where it came from, but I believe it was storebought, possibly from the skeleton merchant's exotic weapon inventory. Additionally, I don't recall what other forms various relics could take, so one of them may have been capable of becoming a fauchard, as well. It does appear that fauchards have the fewest unique weapons, though (I've even found a few unique tongi, with names and everything), so Finnean may be the way to go.

Thanks, appreciate it. Thinking of a crit fishing cleavespam skald build since "uses two handers" is the obvious gap none of the companions fill well (except sosiel but it's better to give him casting feats I think).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Thanks, appreciate it. Thinking of a crit fishing cleavespam skald build since "uses two handers" is the obvious gap none of the companions fill well (except sosiel but it's better to give him casting feats I think).

I noticed that, myself, as I was staring wistfully at my pile of dope-rear end greatswords, greataxes, and earth breakers. That was the main reason I was looking forward to Trever, but t'was not meant to be.

You know, it's weird that Temple of Elemental Evil and Neverwinter Nights 2 (possibly just Storm of Zehir?) had manual weapon crafting a decade and a half ago, but the Pathfinder games don't, despite clearly having all the enchantment keywords programmed in (well, most of them; I don't think some of the more esoteric ones like Sizing or Impact made the cut). Like, they do make sure to make at least a couple cool weapons for each weapon type, but there's always some pretty clear favoritism towards certain weapons, and it'd be nice if fans of more niche weapons could just make their own :krad: endgame gear.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I think Finnean is a nod towards that, but yeah you really should be able to build your own weapon, even if you could only have the simpler enchantments on it.

vvvvv I usually just sort by price, descending. That mostly puts the newer stuff at the top since it's higher level and thus more expensive.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I never even nothing checking vendor inventory past chapter 2 because it's such a loving tedious chore trying to find something specific I'd rather wait for a lucky loot item to replace current equipment.

I definitely feel like their inventory changes and updates based on the player level but my god some sort of search function is necessary when you're stacking hundreds and hundreds of items.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pentyne posted:

I never even nothing checking vendor inventory past chapter 2 because it's such a loving tedious chore trying to find something specific I'd rather wait for a lucky loot item to replace current equipment.

I definitely feel like their inventory changes and updates based on the player level but my god some sort of search function is necessary when you're stacking hundreds and hundreds of items.

You can sort them by price which puts everything worth a drat at the top.

And some of them have some really good stuff.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Pretty sure vendor inventories just update each chapter (some update more than others). As soon as Act 3 started, for instance, skeleton merchant and the shared scroll shop (Arsinoe and Kyado share their inventory) had new stuff.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I got stuck and was really worried about a bricked save for an hour. Kinda obvious spoilers about Camellia in this thread, but PSA: avoid looting her amulet if she should permanently die, for now.

A patch introducing new game-breaking bugs - WotR now has truly become Kingmaker's successor.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
What about bardiches? Any good bardiches?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

I've only found one unique one.

The only reach weapon I've seen a good variety of unique ones is Glaives tbh

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Are there any good fauchards in this game or is it glaives all the way for reach weapons

Worse comes to worse, you always have Finnean who gets really quite good when upgraded. I don't sweat niche builds around extremely specific / exotic weapons near as much in this game because of it. Starknife mains rejoice.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

There's quite a few unique bardiches, including one relic bardiche enchantment option that gives Int to attack and damage, which would be pretty handy for a Sword Saint magus if it weren't for the fact that it would disable spell combat but I'm sure there's some sort of gimmick build that would love it.

EDIT: Having loaded up my save to investigate, two of the three unique bardiches I have are actually just +1s with special effects. However, that one relic bardiche can result in any one of three significantly different weapons, and is basically guaranteed to be a solid midgame alternative to Finnean.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 15, 2021

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm not sure how I get Bag of Tricks working for Kingmaker. I installed the Unity Mod Manager, I installed Bag of Tricks into it, I loaded up the game, and ctrl-f10 just brings up a blank UMM menu.

What am I missing? The logs and settings tabs have stuff in them, but nothing helpful.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

22 Round battle with a pair of level 16 (party is lvl 6) Will o' Wisps, Kalikke managed to miss 20 times in a row.

(party wiped)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

DeathSandwich posted:

Worse comes to worse, you always have Finnean who gets really quite good when upgraded. I don't sweat niche builds around extremely specific / exotic weapons near as much in this game because of it. Starknife mains rejoice.

I think what I'll do is just save the exotic weapon / weapon focus feats for later game and early game just take the cleave tree first and play around with other toys and end on Finnean if I don't find anything better. What's Finnean finally upgrade to?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

I think what I'll do is just save the exotic weapon / weapon focus feats for later game and early game just take the cleave tree first and play around with other toys and end on Finnean if I don't find anything better. What's Finnean finally upgrade to?

+5 Brilliant Energy Heartseeker Cold Iron iirc is the final upgrade in Act 5.

It starts at +1 Ghost-touch Cold Iron and gets bumped to +3 Ghost Touch, Heartseeker Cold Iron rather unceremoniously after a random encounter in Act 3.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EclecticTastes posted:

By the way, out of curiosity, does the Green Faith have a favored weapon? Camellia is capable of reclassing to Cleric, Warpriest, etc., but there's no weapon listed in the Green Faith's tooltip, so it's got me wondering. Same goes for the Lich MC's personal deity option, I'm wondering if you're able to pick out a favored weapon, or if it's just "no favored weapon".

In tabletop PF the Green Faith has no clerics (it has druids) so it does not have a favoured weapon. You could follow it as an oracle, but you still don't get one.

As for the spoiler, I don't know what deity the lich follows, if any, so I can't answer that one. If you name them I can check, unless they're literally a personal deity and have no other followers.

Prism fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 15, 2021

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Node posted:

I'm not sure how I get Bag of Tricks working for Kingmaker. I installed the Unity Mod Manager, I installed Bag of Tricks into it, I loaded up the game, and ctrl-f10 just brings up a blank UMM menu

What am I missing? The logs and settings tabs have stuff in them, but nothing helpful.

Delete 0harmony12 from Managed in Kingmaker_Data

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Perfect Potato posted:

Delete 0harmony12 from Managed in Kingmaker_Data

I tried that, restarted the UMM and the game, but the menu is still empty.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Prism posted:

In tabletop PF the Green Faith has no clerics (it has druids) so it does not have a favoured weapon. You could follow it as an oracle, but you still don't get one.

As for the spoiler, I don't know what deity the lich follows, if any, so I can't answer that one. If you name them I can check, unless they're literally a personal deity and have no other followers.

Oh, sorry for not being clear, one of the Lich's abilities is that they become a deity choice for undead companions, providing access to death, war, strength, and destruction domains, but with no listed favored weapon. I was wondering if that came with a favored weapon.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Can confirm Angel doesn't really dominate the storyline so much. Its fine. I couldn't abide my original choice of azata because I hate all the lol random poo poo that came with it but its probably mechanically stronger than Angel. I have a second playthrough going that I dip into every so often where the guy is a vivisectionist, mostly. I default to arcane caster in every crpg but that guy is probably more op. The high BAB and sneak attacks every second level is nuts. I feel like demon or trickster will synergise better for him. I kind of underestimated owlcat on one level and was right on another. They seem to have rocky launches so I picked good partially through preference and partially through its what's going to be most tested. Where I underestimated them is playing evil isn't self gimping like in a lot of rpgs. You get some money upfront and then go into a downward spiral because you get less xp is what I expected. And to be fair that doesn't seem to be the case.

E: Camellia I underestimated a few days ago but she's turned into an insanely strong party member. Air Doman and greater enduring spells means she walks around at 55 AC. She's almost unhittable, immune to crits and immune to ability damage and she does insane buffs for the rest of the party. On paper she's doing not great damage but not too dissimilar to Seelah at this point and Seelah really faded off the last 3 levels. Anyway when you get to level 15 I think Camellia just on capacity to tank and buff is a mandatory party member even if you hate her schtick.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 15, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EclecticTastes posted:

Oh, sorry for not being clear, one of the Lich's abilities is that they become a deity choice for undead companions, providing access to death, war, strength, and destruction domains, but with no listed favored weapon. I was wondering if that came with a favored weapon.

drat, that's cool. One day I'll be able to do a lich run.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My main problem with Azata in the late game is now I have these big rear end fairy wings on my fox I can't turn off and I'm already fighting an uphill battle to not look like the tackiest motherfucker.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Node posted:

I'm not sure how I get Bag of Tricks working for Kingmaker. I installed the Unity Mod Manager, I installed Bag of Tricks into it, I loaded up the game, and ctrl-f10 just brings up a blank UMM menu.

You have to manually copy the bag of tricks mod from its zip folder to the mod folder in Kingmaker and then click install in the mod manager. I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way but that's what I had to do to get it to work

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Caidin posted:

My main problem with Azata in the late game is now I have these big rear end fairy wings on my fox I can't turn off and I'm already fighting an uphill battle to not look like the tackiest motherfucker.

Embrace it. Glitterdust *everything*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zore posted:

+5 Brilliant Energy Heartseeker Cold Iron iirc is the final upgrade in Act 5.

It starts at +1 Ghost-touch Cold Iron and gets bumped to +3 Ghost Touch, Heartseeker Cold Iron rather unceremoniously after a random encounter in Act 3.

I think at +3 and up it also does +1d6 force damage on hit.

Heartseeker is really good though, it basically ignores concealment on creatures that have a heart (so not critters like like oozes, elementals, ect).

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 15, 2021