Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

repiv posted:

Looking through Rtings it looks like basically everything has terrible latency over the SBC codec the Switch is stuck with

Sony XM4s for example do 38ms to iOS over AAC or 60ms to Android over LDAC, but SBC is 212ms

It's pretty much why Microsoft went with proprietary wifi sixteen years ago.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I use those Bluetooth airbuds every ody on YouTube has paid promotion for, don't remember their name. I've never noticed audio lag on the on my phone. But then again how would I notice audio lag on a podcast. Only game I play on here is final fantasy

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Tested it just now with airpods pro and it worked pretty well. Was actually prepared for it to be laggy and annoying. if it was delayed it wouldn’t be enough to make anything unplayable (Mario kart was fine, don’t know about twitchy platformers)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

ps4 and 5 controllers have headphone jacks in them so the need for bt headphones is mitigated but even so if it’s something you need you can just buy compatible ones. not sure it’s something to get smug about

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

ps4 and 5 controllers have headphone jacks in them so the need for bt headphones is mitigated but even so if it’s something you need you can just buy compatible ones. not sure it’s something to get smug about

Mmyes, because the already inferior battery life and non-existent dac of their controllers will have no issue driving your sick full size akgs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If you are playing a switch handheld it has a headphone jack as well, but wireless is better

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I got two controllers

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Mister Facetious posted:

Mmyes, because the already inferior battery life and non-existent dac of their controllers will have no issue driving your sick full size akgs

___/

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you are playing a switch handheld it has a headphone jack as well, but wireless is better

the switch is a handheld?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Barely

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m testing my Bluetooth sennheiser something or other over ear set with Sonic Mania and it seems fine. I forgot how good Sonic Mania is hopefully sequel soon.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The fun part of Bluetooth audio is launching Pokemon Sword/Shield will disconnect your headphones since it automatically goes into local connection mode.

If you turn on internet connectivity, go back to settings and reconnect your headphones it works after that, until the network connection drops out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I know the Switch Lite is cheaper, but the normal one has a bigger screen. :cmon:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If you're strong enough you can carry your television anywhere.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

youre the one at fault here for using those for gaming

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MechaSeinfeld posted:

switch lite is the real switch. the other one is a pstv switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

youre the one at fault here for using those for gaming

I haven't used wired headphones since Obama was president

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Putting on my wired headphones and crankstarting my jalopy to head down to the pharmacist to have a phosphate

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Wired headphones are for people who do kissless virgin stuff like playing and recording music

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You know the Pixel 5a has a headphone jack

Very epikc

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SeANMcBAY posted:

Popping in to say Crusi’n Blast kicks rear end. A must if you like arcade racers.

Ugh, I kinda do like arcade racers. But I have too many unopened games.

They got any kind of drip-feed unlocks for playing single player?

I don't think I've even played all the courses on MK8 'cause while it's a very solid game the fact that almost everything was there from the get-go kinda deprioritized it for me.

Spellman posted:

You know the Pixel 5a has a headphone jack

Wait, a proper 1/8" analog jack?

'cause I've got some beef with everything-over-USB-C combined with not-all-USB-Cs-are-created-equal.

I miss when the compatibility of devices was determined by whether or not things physically fit.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Hammer Bro. posted:

'cause I've got some beef with everything-over-USB-C combined with not-all-USB-Cs-are-created-equal.

I miss when the compatibility of devices was determined by whether or not things physically fit.

Yes. And if you can find a 4a 5g for cheap, get that since the 5a is literally the 4a 5g with a tiny battery increase

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

switch lite is the real switch. the other one is a pstv switch.

The pstv ftw....

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FybA0SaL0nI

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Holy cow this month has been incredible for the switch, NMH3, Eastward, Cruisin Blast, Warioware, an utter smorgasbord

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I don't think I've even played all the courses on MK8 'cause while it's a very solid game the fact that almost everything was there from the get-go kinda deprioritized it for me.

Yes, there’s lots of “cars” to unlock and then even stuff to unlock for each car through level ups. Get it.:getin:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I paired my soundcore life p2 whatever earbuds to my switch and there was noticeable lag in Zelda. But apparently they suck for latency in general, so whatever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TheScott2K posted:

Wired headphones are for people who do kissless virgin stuff like playing and recording music

The only person I know who owns wired headphones is a bass player who hasn't gotten laid in like 8 years so, yes, you are pretty much correct.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can’t tell which of these wired headphone burns are real and which are an exaggerated bit.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
lol if you think you don't need to be hardwired to your Nintendo because you don't need optimal lossless audio direct feed undelayed to maximize enjoyment of Mario Tennis Aces

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

The only person I know who owns wired headphones is a bass player who hasn't gotten laid in like 8 years so, yes, you are pretty much correct.

interesting. why did you decide to play bass?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat RIP Genki

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I believe Nintendo is like a dog and just does things arbitrarily.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

MechaSeinfeld posted:

interesting. why did you decide to play bass?

Learning to count to six is hard when you never have more than one hand free.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I believe Nintendo is like a dog and just does things arbitrarily.

also theyrr just chasing that car. wouldnt know what tod o withit if they caught it however

The Postman
May 12, 2007

nintendo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Nintendoge + Nyantencats

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hammer Bro. posted:

Every course has hidden keys in it and you can collect and spend those to unlock more vehicles. And racing with any vehicle earns experience for customization and enhancement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I’ll never trust headphones you have to charge.