Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hmm. two hard crashes, one where the controller became unresponsive, in my short time playing deathloop. no saving mid-level either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao I think I’m about to buy Deathloop because it’s the last loving game coming out for PS5 in 2021

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao I think I’m about to buy Deathloop because it’s the last loving game coming out for PS5 in 2021

The gently caress you talking about?

quote:

Aragami 2 – September 17 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - September 21 (PS5, PC, PS4)
Diablo 2 Resurrected - September 23 (PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
Lost Judgment – September 24 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
Death Stranding: Director's Cut – September 24 (PS5)
Ghostrunner – September 28 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
Lemnis Gate - September 28 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One)
In Sound Mind – September 28 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
Hot Wheels Unleashed – September 30 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Astria Ascending - September 30 (Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Switch, PS4, PS5)
FIFA 22 – October 1 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Alan Wake Remastered - October 5 (PC, PS5, PS4)
Jett: The Far Shore – October 5 (PC, PS5, PS4)
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - October 5 (Switch, PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One)
Far Cry 6 - October 7 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Stadia)
Back 4 Blood - October 12 (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC)
Crysis Remastered Trilogy – October 15 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One)
Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles - October 15 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC_)
Battlefield 2042 - October 22 - (Xbox Series X, PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One)
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes – October 22 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - October 26 (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Solar Ash - October 26 (PC, PS5, PS4)
Riders Republic - October 28 (PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
Stray - October TBC 2021 (PS5, PC)
Call of Duty: Vanguard – November 5 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One)
Jurassic World Evolution 2 – November 9 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One)
Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker – November 23 (PS5, PS4, PC)
Beyond a Steel Sky – November 30 (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Kid A Mnesia Exhibition - November 2021 (PS5)
eFootball – Fall 2021 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One)
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl – Fall 2021 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Abandoned – Q4 2021 (PS5)
Vampire The Masquerade: Blood Hunt - TBC 2021 (PC, PS5)
Call of Duty: Warzone – TBC 2021 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach - TBC 2021 (PS5, PS4, PC)
Chorus - TBC 2021 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Stadia)
Dustborn - TBC 2021 (PS5, PS4, PC)

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 15, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What else is coming out this year? Battlefield (Blah-Turd-Field!)? All the big titles are 2022 and beyond. Oh I guess I’ll buy Jett when it comes out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Judgement 2 in 10 days

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Shammypants posted:

I think you've made his point for him.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can't wait to get Death Stranding Director's Cut. More rope from based Kojima hell yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Stray got pushed back to 2022. Not a whole lot else I'm looking forward to this year besides Kena and uh... Solar Ash maybe?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bust Rodd posted:

What else is coming out this year? Battlefield (Blah-Turd-Field!)? All the big titles are 2022 and beyond. Oh I guess I’ll buy Jett when it comes out.

My very negative battlefield goon buddy from playing way too many hours of 2/3 together has been playing the beta and he's selling the poo poo out of it to me. I'm concerned that new battlefield is extremely good and I'm going to end up back on that bullshit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
FC6 for those that still play those games. (I do, but not at full price)

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bust Rodd posted:

Baddlefield

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

I can't wait to get Death Stranding Director's Cut. More rope from based Kojima hell yes

I want to play that but maybe next year. Its too busy for the foreseeable with new poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO yea that list is totally dire. Can’t wait for… Radiohead in November

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From promo videos I wouldn't describe Deathloop as being a really standout game graphically, but it looks really good in person. This gen really makes it harder to judge stuff by watching youtube videos. You really gotta see it in person, because the generation leap feels much more distinct when you are looking at the actual games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deathpoop

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Super Monkey Ball baby

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Policenaut posted:

I'm super excited for a replay with the PS5 upgraded features. Maybe even make it my first platinum.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

withoutclass posted:

I'm super excited for a replay with the PS5 upgraded features. Maybe even make it my first platinum.
I stopped playing around Chapter 5 exactly when the pandemic took off and will love an excuse to start over fresh and actually finish it this time

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Is it just me or does the PS5 not actually download updates in rest mode? On the PS4 I'd often wake it up to find things had updated, on the PS5 things start downloading when I wake it up. I have the relevant settings turned on.

Or at least it won't start downloads in rest mode, it will continue downloading things that have started.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
nah my PS5 downloaded and updated while in Rest Mode no problem

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

SilkyP posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for good m.2 ssd's for this?

Best value right now is this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093DP3X4H?tag=eurgam-df-us-20

It's fast, it has reviewed well, it advertises PS5 compatibility, and it's just $150 for 1TB, $300 for 2TB. From what I'm seeing, that's the PS5 drive to get right now. Popular, much more expensive high-end drives like the WD SN850 and Samsung 980 Pro won't give you any better performance in a PS5 than this.

edit: removed all the rambling that was here before. Most of that info was irrelevant.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 15, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Best value right now is this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093DP3X4H?tag=eurgam-df-us-20

It's fast, it has reviewed well, it advertises PS5 compatibility, and it's just $150 for 1TB, $300 for 2TB. From what I'm seeing, that's the PS5 drive to get right now. Popular, much more expensive high-end drives like the WD SN850 and Samsung 980 Pro won't give you any better performance in a PS5 than this.

edit: removed all the rambling that was here before. Most of that info was irrelevant.

Will that built in heat spreader suffice or do I need an additional heat sink?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Shammypants posted:

Beyond a steel sky? That a sequel to beneath a steel sky?

Oh. Just looked it up, it is... sorta. A port of a mobile game though. :(

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Will that built in heat spreader suffice or do I need an additional heat sink?

Honestly, I have no idea. It would be fine in a PC, but maybe the PS5 will tax it more. In the marketing pictures on amazon, they show it being used in a PS5 with the heat spreader, so it seems like they intend for it to be used the way it ships. Whether that's actually sufficient or not will have to be tested to know for sure. There are compatible drives out there for $150 that come with bigger heatsinks, but they're actually too big for the PS5's SSD compartment—the cover won't fit over them. That one also isn't as fast, but I think the difference there will be quite small in practice.

Sony really should've just included their own heat spreader/heat sink that's perfectly sized for the limited space they give you like modern PC motherboards do. It can't add more than a buck to the manufacturing cost.

edit: This aftermarket heatsink is the most you'd need should you get a drive that ships without one or with an inadequate one.

edit 2: according to this other review of the Blade, the included heat spreader doesn't come attached and is optional, despite what the amazon page says about it being unremovable (that appears to be carried over from the version with a bigger PS5-incompatible heatsink). The review finds that the heat spreader is inadequate at preventing thermal throttling, but it also finds that it only affects performance a little bit. The throttling also only occurs during big write operations, which you'll only see when copying or installing games on a PS5. Perhaps the PS5's ability to read game data much more quickly than PCs can will cause higher temps than those thermal tests, but even then this thing comes with so much performance headroom that it'll be fine, I reckon. You could always be better safe than sorry and install a better heatsink though.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 15, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna stream Deathloop in a little bit, if you want to come invade my poo poo add me as a friend - Blockade83

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Real hurthling! posted:

Judgement 2 in 10 days

Lol ive been thinking it was the 21st and i just realized thats the early deluxe access bullshit :negative:

Maybe ill get the disc super early again...

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 15, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

I'm gonna stream Deathloop in a little bit, if you want to come invade my poo poo add me as a friend - Blockade83

i'll send you a friend request, i've always wanted an aussie friend :3:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so do i need a bethesda account in order to have invasions?

I dont have deathloop but im gonna yeah 100% they have that for all their online stuff, even in 1993 doom and quake now :negative:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Infinitum posted:

oohh. I won’t be able to play for a bit (work sucks) but it’ll be nice to have a psn friend in the same time zone.

anyone else reading come shoot my stupid guy: OlDirtyChandler

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So Deathloop starts off pretty slowly and I wasn't sure why it was getting such high praise but I'm about 4-5 hours in and it's getting really awesome. Still don't think it's a 10/10 but then I'm not getting a paycheck from Arkane. Probably more like 8/10 so far.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Shammypants posted:

Lost judgment, death stranding dc replay/plat, alan wake cos its super cheap and uhh. Metroid dread for 5 hours i guess.

Backlog time basically until elden ring. Or go out and meet new people time.

Oh wait

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m looking forward to murdering lots of bananas as Kiryu in Super Monkey Ball

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Warming up by invading nerds in Deathloop, then story later.

https://twitch.tv/infinitumsa

If you want to invade later add me - Blockade83

https://i.imgur.com/1OiAaR4.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sooooooo matchmaking is complete arse and I have been sitting here for 10min not doing anything.

Pivoting to story mode.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Btw can someone tell me how I actually save in Deathloop? I'm not seeing an option for it anywhere.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It’s auto saves only it seems. between each ‘run’. If your game crashes you gotta start from the beginning of the level. Not sure what happens if you quit mid-run though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m looking forward to murdering lots of bananas as Kiryu in Super Monkey Ball

:same:

Been wanting to get into the series for a long time really

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Ugh. That one stings a bit. Pretty much the only game I was looking forward to for the rest of this year other than battlefield. Which I’m not 100% sure on.

Plus February is already so over saturated with big releases.

I wouldn’t worry too much about February being loaded. If you actually think Dying Light 2 is going to make this new release date, I have an Idris to sell you.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I bought Deathloop and I am disappointed

in myself

I don't have time for this.

Judgement is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putting my PS5 in test mode today hoping to receive the update while I'm at work 🙏