Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Uh no you click on the "print this recipe" button and it will print just the recipe but you do you and get heated about a very common household and office electronic. I'll be over here leafing through my binder of printed and laminated recipes with no long rambling stories attached :smug:

My printer stopped working because the ink cartages became 'out of date'. I probably could have found some kind of flash over-ride for that problem, but honestly, what was I printing? Sheet music? That I can read perfectly well on my monitor? Its a muti though so, in case I ever need to scan or fax something I can probably still do that. Do you need an active phone line for a fax? Probably, so never mind. If you have a non-ripoff printer that you like to use, good for you but like 90% of printers are a waste of time and money.

Although, to be fair, you can print to an xps file and use that as a regular document for viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the only time ive ever hit the "print" button in windows is when im trying to click save as. i've got nothing against printers, my family owns a print shop, I work at a print shop, I've done printed things before, but motherfuck the print button in windows. I don't even have a goddamn printer in this house and i never will!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Haha goons are weird. Yes, I am the strange one for owning a printer and using it on occasion. I also read physical books and even own a few blu rays, it's like I'm living in 2010 over here!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Haha goons are weird. Yes, I am the strange one for owning a printer and using it on occasion. I also read physical books and even own a few blu rays, it's like I'm living in 2010 over here!

The first step is to admit you have a problem.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
PSA: Dirty Work is streaming on HBO Max if you wanna pay tribute.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I print very rarely, and it was infuriating that the one time a year I needed to use it I'd have to buy a new ink cartridge because it had dried out. I saw a Dell laser printer for $80 and decided to give it a try and I can't believe I waited that long. I've had it like 7 years and replaced the toner exactly once

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/samfishell/status/1437861579874177026?s=21

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Medullah posted:

I print very rarely, and it was infuriating that the one time a year I needed to use it I'd have to buy a new ink cartridge because it had dried out. I saw a Dell laser printer for $80 and decided to give it a try and I can't believe I waited that long. I've had it like 7 years and replaced the toner exactly once

I think a LOT of people get their printers because they're like a free or super cheap option on their dell/hp/alienware etc order, not realizing that those super cheap printers are the ink cartage monsters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if they got a bigger budget or are just smarter with using what they have but the final season of Lucifer has much better fx work than previous seasons.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

swickles posted:

PSA: Dirty Work is streaming on HBO Max if you wanna pay tribute.
Oh hell yeah, I know what I'm watching tonight.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Goons have always had a contentious relationship with printers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I had to get a printer recently and I hate it, get this monster out of my house before it murders me in my sleep

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

muscles like this! posted:

I don't know if they got a bigger budget or are just smarter with using what they have but the final season of Lucifer has much better fx work than previous seasons.

Amenadiel's reaction to the description of Rory's wings was one of the best parts of the season.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

XboxPants posted:

Amenadiel's reaction to the description of Rory's wings was one of the best parts of the season.

D. B. Woodside's acting is one of the things that keeps that show from really flying off the handles. One part audience participation, one part status quo mindset, one part comic relief. And yes, I believe that since Lucifer is actually a big hit for netflix after having picked it up from broadcast cancelation, they gave it some extra budget for the final season. Its a silly concept that might have well have been "God Cop" from 30 rock but they did it their own way; I know its based off a comic book but apparently they diverged so much from that it became it's own thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, other than some really basic set up it is absolutely nothing like the comic.

It is funny how it took until the final season for them to completely break away from the procedural format (although they still have time to solve a couple of murders.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Norm was never not amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

[as] changed up their schedule at the last minute to play Mike Tyson Mysteries episodes that heavily feature Pigeon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anything that requires you to need a printer in 2021 is a monstrosity

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It warms my heart a bit to see the outpouring of love for Norm, I always thought of him as more of a niche comedian.

Escobarbarian posted:

Anything that requires you to need a printer in 2021 is a monstrosity

I live in a city that manufactures printers so you can get print/copy/scanners for $30 at pretty much every store. :shrug:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It warms my heart a bit to see the outpouring of love for Norm, I always thought of him as more of a niche comedian.
I know plenty of people who don't think he's funny but they all respected his hustle and are respecting his passing as well.

To me, he was, and will probably for the rest of my life be, the funniest comedian ever. I got to see him a few times front row when he was at his best. He gave me a wink when I shouted out a funny answer to a question he was, of course, asking rhetorically. I also got to see him when he was at his worst, hopped up on bennies so bad he had mush mouth. Not even the Red Bull helped that night. He did some "take a photo" stuff after a show one time and instead of doing the usual "get it over with" stuff celebrities do, he wasn't paying any attention to the guy taking our picture and just wanted to talk to me. He said I reminded him of Edward Norton. I'll always remember him as the guy who would make David Letterman, probably my second favorite comedian, laugh hard enough to choke.

Okay I didn't mean to make this a eulogy but I'm gonna miss the guy. gently caress.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Finally watched the four seasons of Better Call Saul after being burnt out on breaking bad for a bit. Good show, looking forward to the next season now that Bob is back at it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I watched Dirty Work for the first time tonight as tribute and it’s amazing how little Norm tried to actually act. He’s just doing his usual thing and it’s loving great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaius Marius posted:

Goons have always had a contentious relationship with printers.

Modern printers are so easy to carry.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I watched Dirty Work for the first time tonight as tribute and it’s amazing how little Norm tried to actually act. He’s just doing his usual thing and it’s loving great.

Same. I also read the IMDb trivia and found out that apparently it was written and shot as an R rated movie but the studio made them change it to PG-13.

#ReleaseTheNormCut

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol I just started servant and Jesus loving christ the first 15 minutes is insanely awkward

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dorium posted:

Finally watched the four seasons of Better Call Saul after being burnt out on breaking bad for a bit. Good show, looking forward to the next season now that Bob is back at it.

Good news: there’s five seasons out right now!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They cancelled Generation. :( Show was funny, moving, and felt emotionally authentic. It can't have had the viewership, but, gently caress it, it was good; and I'm glad that it had a two series order at the very least. Good on it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This week on Evil -- it's The X-Files. Which makes sense because the entire show is the Scully religious episodes of The X-Files, but this was such a direct shout out to the earlier show and was just wonderful on top of that.

Really great stuff.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The silence one was good but they didn’t explain a drat thing.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Escobarbarian posted:

Good news: there’s five seasons out right now!

oh is there? I only saw 4 on Netflix, guess I'll look for season 5.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Been a few years since I read Y The Last Man but I remember it having a much goofier tone. Just because your show is post apocalytpic doesn't mean it has to be so bleak. I mean the guy has a pet monkey.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, the reviews of the show I read all talked about the tonal shift. I loved Y in part because of its lightheartedness, and to hear that mostly gone has me dragging my feet on checking out the show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Y: The Last Man is pretty bog-standard “fine” so far

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Agent 355 is perfectly cast and basically carries the show on her shoulders.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I haven't read the source material (and only watched the first episode so far), but it strikes me that it would be difficult to do the same level of light hearted tone in live action when your story starts with every person with a Y chromosome bleeding out of their mouth and nose and then dying. There's probably an opportunity for the tone to shift as they get further away from the event in the narrative.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bull3964 posted:

I haven't read the source material (and only watched the first episode so far), but it strikes me that it would be difficult to do the same level of light hearted tone in live action when your story starts with every person with a Y chromosome bleeding out of their mouth and nose and then dying. There's probably an opportunity for the tone to shift as they get further away from the event in the narrative.

Creamerie has the same basic premise and pulls off a lighthearted tone really well (balanced with good drama). Even if Y ends up being a dud, at least Creamerie nailed it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sekhmnet posted:

D. B. Woodside's acting is one of the things that keeps that show from really flying off the handles. One part audience participation, one part status quo mindset, one part comic relief. And yes, I believe that since Lucifer is actually a big hit for netflix after having picked it up from broadcast cancelation, they gave it some extra budget for the final season. Its a silly concept that might have well have been "God Cop" from 30 rock but they did it their own way; I know its based off a comic book but apparently they diverged so much from that it became it's own thing.

Seasons 1-3 are so painfully network TV it hurts. It succeeded in no small part to its terrific cast and their chemistry.

Also it very much transcends the source material in that names aside there is no similarity. The only real link is that its the same Lucifer in the DC tv universe.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Locke and Key Season 2 Oct 22nd.

https://youtu.be/j6bsSANYz14

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Locke and Key Season 2 Oct 22nd.

https://youtu.be/j6bsSANYz14

This is for sure getting canned immediately after this season is out lol

It was alright, but clearly not something Netflix was that interested in spending a lot of money and effort on promoting. I'm frankly surprised it even got a second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It was already renewed for Season 3 in December and it started filming in May and wrapped in August.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 15, 2021