Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those who got to play how do you like the new Sheila? seemed decent as a quickswap 3rd weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

repiv posted:

Which lines are we talking about? The ones played by the vending machines sound bad on purpose, like they're coming from a lovely speaker in-world

the ones that play when you buy the special gold guns in the event arena, which I now realize are probably the same as the vending machines and that's why they sound that way. mystery solved

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Game is completely broken right now. Ranked arena wins are counting as BR wins and season 10 BR wins. All arena Weekly’s and dailies only complete when playing BR. All BR weekly and daily’s are counting up when you win ranked arena and also showing season 10 wins and total wins lol. Awesome. 😂

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
And thats IF you can log in

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
See last night I just did BR for the event and dailies and now I feel like I missed out on some easy stat scumming.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Goddamn the free track weapons are really nice looking, a slick Triple Take and a chunky-rear end Wingman

Yeah it's a skin for a gun you'll never see and a gun you already have 50000 legendary skins for but I'm always happy to see free players get cool stuff

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

free the triple take

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For those who got to play how do you like the new Sheila? seemed decent as a quickswap 3rd weapon.

if you are aiming down sights with a fast weapon, like the alternator, and you press z, for some reason it bypasses the spinup. this will be fixed soon!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Imagine the gun with a x2 bruiser

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Chard posted:

free the triple take

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Chard posted:

free the triple take

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
used to be one of my favourite hotdrop weapons :smith:

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I don't think it's an isolated issue, but has anyone else had some MAJOR issues actually getting into a server/match since the new update dropped? It's my own dumb fault for continuing to try Ranked games but everything will seem to be working fine but, as soon as the game 'starts', prior to selecting legends, poo poo grinds to a halt and I get booted off. I try to rejoin and it tries to load me back in but then I continue to get error messages. Then, after all that, I get hit with an abandonment penalty which is definitely salt in the wound.

EDIT: Per Respawn, appears I'm not the only one:

quote:

We're still seeing an unusual amount of @playapex
players timing out when attempting to connect to matches—our team will keep working until we've got things back to normal.

We'll keep you posted.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pretty much everyone on the discord has had it happening to them as well in unranked BR and (un)ranked Arenas alike.

You're a brave, brave soul for trying to play Ranked on patch day and any subsequent days.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Evil Kit posted:

Pretty much everyone on the discord has had it happening to them as well in unranked BR and (un)ranked Arenas alike.

You're a brave, brave soul for trying to play Ranked on patch day and any subsequent days.

I was sniffing Platinum for the first time yes I'm trash and with only a few days left I was trying to make a push. The ~100 RP I've lost from abandonment penalties certainly don't help... :(

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

TracerBullet posted:

I don't think it's an isolated issue, but has anyone else had some MAJOR issues actually getting into a server/match since the new update dropped? It's my own dumb fault for continuing to try Ranked games but everything will seem to be working fine but, as soon as the game 'starts', prior to selecting legends, poo poo grinds to a halt and I get booted off. I try to rejoin and it tries to load me back in but then I continue to get error messages. Then, after all that, I get hit with an abandonment penalty which is definitely salt in the wound.
It's usual to exaggerate when talking about connection issues, so some hard numbers: of the ten trios games that I have played today, I was DCed on entering the game three times, and of the other seven games, two had a single other member of our team DC at start, and three had both other players DCed at start. This is the London servers, something is heavily borked. Even in-game, there's weird audio lag and rubberbanding half the time.

If I hadn't made diamond the hour before the patch dropped, I'd be cross.

On an unrelated note, Crypto is amazing for solo-queue plat Ranked, and I wish I'd known that sooner. Hardlocked Plat IV teammate splits off from jump master to drop in Fragment? Drop a little way away and grab their banner. Team runs at enemies on high-ground while hipfiring randomly? Crypto ult might not save them, but it's got a good chance of making the enemy take cover instead of mowing them down, until they close the gap. If my normal plat RP outcome was a normal curve, he's eliminated the entire lower two-thirds - never climbed to diamond so fast, ever.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Yeah none of the Twitch pros are playing ranked anymore. A lot of ppl been having the rubber banding issue including myself and I imagine it’s gotten worse based on what I’m hearing.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
servers are pretty much broken, and when you do get in (took me 10+ tries sometimes and sometimes i just gave up) the majority of teams have a quick spin rampart. it's quite oppressive lol

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Did 5 games, only 1 where it froze and somehow counted.

One such actual game I came across a duo who probably froze. I punched them out for the kills.

And used my last 700 coins on a lootbox. I got the new Bang skin, which is pretty loving awesome, and one of the two I want (Pathfinder).

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Have they announced anything about what's going on? Did one game and repeated crashes to the splash screen.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

let me play your stupid game respawn

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

err posted:

Have they announced anything about what's going on? Did one game and repeated crashes to the splash screen.

Just that they’re aware and working on it. They really need to invest in their infrastructure it’s beyond embarrassing at this point.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it would be helpful if all you arena nerds would update me on what guns are meta now that they've cowarded out of allowing mozambique l star every round

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mozambique + whatever you can aim well with.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ive seen more people die to the ring in the one match i got into than any other.

Literally everyone was crashed out.

Still only got second because i completely forgot Olympus and threw myself off an inopportune ledge

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
saw a game where four seperate squads either had all dropped people or at least the jump master all auto jump, fan out exactly to four points and synchronized dive straight down into the water. this patch is really good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game i got into I actually crashed out of but was able to hop back in after a relogin. I knew something was up when i saw that i was still alive at the estates after being AFK / crashed for something like 4 minutes.

Edit: Those paintball guns look fun sure would be great to be able to PLAY THE GAME.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 16, 2021

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I tried to play last night with some friends and after 2 dropped matches decided to just go and play Splitgate instead

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

CoolCab posted:

it would be helpful if all you arena nerds would update me on what guns are meta now that they've cowarded out of allowing mozambique l star every round

My buddy is D1 in ranked arenas and he usually goes 2020/Mozam and then grabs whatever is on the drop. I'm sure this is a fine loadout that will work for everyone out there.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I got a PS4 game today with 5 total people in it, 1 person in each squad. I got 4th :(

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
I just queued into a trios BR that had 21 squads at start. What?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Cefte posted:

I just queued into a trios BR that had 21 squads at start. What?

That's normal if people are doing solo squads.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah it aims for 60 players in a game, not 20/30 squads

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Regrettable posted:

That's normal if people are doing solo squads.
Well, I learn every day!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just had an arena which ended up being 1v1 when it was time to load in. I was laughing and getting psyched for some deathmatch when my two mystery teammates joined seconds before the gate opened, on the enemy's side of the map.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They should probably think about extending the event as things are in a pretty bad state.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are the servers still hosed?

And or has the event been extended?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Servers still hosed, no word on whether the event is getting extended.

They've already tweeted it'll probably take the weekend to figure out the issue and get the patch out.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

more like apex LAGends amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I almost made a post yesterday about not seeing the server issues everyone is talking about but I did encounter some last night. It still only amounted to one crash (reconnected just fine), a few AFK teammates, and a couple of free kills on AFK enemies.

Definitely a problem that needs fixing, but not unplayable for me. Possibly just lucky.