Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao someone got paid to come up with "comirnaty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

President Beep posted:

with the former, i was hoping that seeing lots of white, middle class people getting the vaccination would help assuage those fears, but it’s probably downright subconscious at this point.

the messaging split in the US between J&J and the mRNA vaccines (and the subsequent manufacturing gently caress Ups of the J&J vaccine concurrent with a reasonable pause for side-effects) seemed only to reinforce the perception by a lot of hesitant folks under the boot that they were getting a lovely vax in their neighborhood while the Man was getting the platinum-coated good poo poo. that's enough to keep hesitancy going for a while, especially when the changeover of administrations didn't lead to a meaningful expansion of community outreach or consistent guidance.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

HELL YEAH spikevax gang
you won't be so happy when it gets renamed to paramountvax

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

spikevax crew reporting in

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
comirnaty here :smith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/lizrummy/status/1438543811072962560?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

comirnaty here :smith:
same. i know this makes it worse

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer Comirnaty Light

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Dear strong bad, what is your favorite vaccine?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 16, 2021

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
comirnaty makes me think of comorbidity, lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SpikeVax is a way cooler name

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde
i'm more of a TimmyVax type of player

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SpikeVax, the vax for men featuring Doug Stanhope and secretly Joe Rogan

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it's not exactly surprising but it is pretty loving ridiculous that all the world's health authorities allowed the pharma companies and the media turn the loving vaccines into big branding exercises. they should be called, like, Covid Vaccine FD11707A1, and nobody should know which specific one they got. All it does is let people shop around and create inefficiencies like it's loving coke versus pepsi

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

so you were out getting your spikevax the other day...

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
WHICH STICKER IS YOUR FAVOURITE?????

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Truman Peyote posted:

it's not exactly surprising but it is pretty loving ridiculous that all the world's health authorities allowed the pharma companies and the media turn the loving vaccines into big branding exercises. they should be called, like, Covid Vaccine FD11707A1, and nobody should know which specific one they got. All it does is let people shop around and create inefficiencies like it's loving coke versus pepsi

it’s gonna be great when they all start advertising their special covid vaccine and the pandemic is turned into another capitalist money-making venture.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

WHICH STICKER IS YOUR FAVOURITE?????

these are all the most milksop ned flanders poo poo lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Spike vax gang checking in

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

ADINSX posted:

Spike vax gang checking in

rub it in, why don’t you. :mad:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pfizer gang was cool but this whole comurky thing or w/e is some real reversal of fortune rear end poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the four Cs of the yosgoon:

chaumas
chaumurky
chungus
comirnaty

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, and computers

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

oh, and computers

Com Puttar

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

pfizer gang was cool but this whole comurky thing or w/e is some real reversal of fortune rear end poo poo.

yeah this is the worst part of the entire pandemic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i know, right?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BLaw/status/1437958922745298944

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

it's not a loving game lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

man pfizer gang used to be king but now the spikevax crew just dunked all over us. bummer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

He's right though. If the hospital says no unvaccinated people, what is stopping them from saying no to alcoholics, large people, etc?

do you really see no difference between suffering from a life-altering and highly treatment-resistant condition like obesity or alcoholism and refusing to get a harmless free injection, or are you being deliberately stupid? just checking.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

compare: "lmao if we start letting schools require measles vaccinations, what's stopping them from banning students with diabetes??"

that's you

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i have this breaded haddock fillet. think i'll just bake it in the oven at 400, as usual

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

it is a portmanteau of COvid MRNA vacciNATion and the word "community."

it loving sucks rear end.

Shaggar posted:

Vaxzevria definitely sounds like a birth control pill though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

man pfizer gang used to be king but now the spikevax crew just dunked all over us. bummer

do you really see no difference between suffering from a life-altering and highly treatment-resistant condition like obesity or alcoholism and refusing to get a harmless free injection, or are you being deliberately stupid? just checking.

Sagebrush posted:

compare: "lmao if we start letting schools require measles vaccinations, what's stopping them from banning students with diabetes??"

that's you

It must be nice having the brain of a literal child.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If you open up a precedent for denying healthcare for X, you're opening up a situation for denying healthcare for ANY reason.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 16, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you open up denying healthcare for X, you're opening up denying healthcare for ANY reason.

we already deny healthcare to poor people.

also this slope is so slippery!! oh no i can't stop slipping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

certain types of healthcare can already be denied based on the patient's behavior. you won't get a liver transplant if you demonstrate that you plan to drink the new one dead too, and alcoholism is a much more difficult condition to treat than being unvaccinated.

the hippocratic oath is a nice idea but it's also valid triage to preferentially treat the people who are most likely to follow the doctor's orders.