Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

WWE had 20 years of unbroken monopoly on American pro wrestling, friendo. What else do you want from us?

what i want from youse is to exercise pattern recognition while watching AEW!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
In AEW, aren’t non-title matches given a 20 minute time limit? They could easily have them go the distance and make it so that this can only be decided in a 60 minute rematch, for the title, LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What if Slapjack

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dan Lambert is going to cost Danielson the win by boring him to death

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hangman's gonna show up wearing a hat, then take his hat off and a tiny version of himself will be sitting on his head.

Hangman and Li'l Hangman will become tag champs within a month.

I can't believe AEW is booking this poo poo, guess the success really went to their heads and screwed everything up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EVIL UNO vlog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrsaW225GU

Uno, Leva, and the voice of Malaki Black talking video games.

Bet Black said to himself that he wasn't going to participate in these vlogs, but then a subject came up he couldn't ignore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dan Lambert is going to cost Danielson the win by boring him to death

Won't work, Danielson already worked for WWE

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Kenny vs. Bryan will be the main with about 18 minutes of TV time left and they'll run to end of TV time and Tony Schiavone in a rushed tome yells we're out of time we're out of time and they have to end the match as they cut the feed.

Any of your fantasy booking ideas that don't involve Tony yelling "we're out of time" are poo poo. Not trying to be rude, I used to be all live and let live with other people's fantasy booking, but it's true.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

How is the company so consistently good and the thread so consistently bad?

I'm 1000% on board with doing Omega/Danielson next week, but I'm so glad it's not for the title. Even just as a special one-time thing, it would have completely undone all the work AEW has done for two years saying "you don't just get a shot at the world title because of who you are, you have to prove yourself here."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Glad for the Team Taz vs CM Punk feud, only thing that could make it better is getting Ricky Starks involved as well and everyone agreeing to pretend Brian Cage doesn't exist.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

achillesforever6 posted:

It's like the stuff with MJF and BPJ falls flat for me.
Extremely same. BPJ is an above-average wrestler and MJF is miles ahead of him on the mic. I'll be shocked if they feud past Grand Slam.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kenny in the LeBell lock as the 20 minutes expire.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

neoaxd posted:

Kenny hits the OWA as time expires without enough time to pin

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

That is good too.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

Kenny trapped in the LeBell lock WHILE he hits the OWA as time expires. Those two could make this happen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

Kenny trapped in the LeBell lock WHILE he hits the OWA as time expires. Those two could make this happen.

I was trying to figure out if there's a cool way to counter the OWA into the LeBell lock, but Kenny powering up from the hold with Brian on his back/shoulders could be a neat counter, too.

I bet this match will ultimately be good.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Kenny hits the one winged Angel immediately but d bry kicks out at one and puts Kenny in the yes lock for 20 minutes until the episode is over, outside the ring everyone is flexing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
one thing I gotta hand it to AEW with is how high prestige all the titles in the company feel, especially the tnt compared to big plat

It's in that perfect "nearly as good right in the drift of the world title" position and it feels like it'll be years of that late 90s WWF IC title level

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

neoaxd posted:

Yeah, this is the finish. He taps after the bell rings, Bryan spends the next week or two pointing that out and Kenny downplays it because it was after the bell, Bryan calls him chicken, and we end up with Kenny Marty McFlying himself and saying he’ll put the belt on the line at Full Gear, but Callis manages to jam in a wall for Bryan to climb ahead of the PPV.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

This or the reverse of this would be very good.

I want a time limit draw and then an ironman match.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I want a time limit draw and then an ironman match.

:vince:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
don callus is going to have his penis hanging out the whole match

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

don callus is going to have his penis hanging out the whole match

don phallus

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That's 'the ice water enema' don callis to you pal

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I think if you are doing the last second move that just misses the time limit leading to a draw, it has to be Danielson just about to pin or submit Kenny. If you do the reverse it makes your face challenger look like a rules lawyer.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, I'm gonna claim distraction or tiredness or something.

Just a hellaciously bad post.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd posted:

don phallus

my king

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Kenton_la/status/1438534421800443908?s=20

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Davros1 posted:

EVIL UNO vlog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrsaW225GU

Uno, Leva, and the voice of Malaki Black talking video games.

Bet Black said to himself that he wasn't going to participate in these vlogs, but then a subject came up he couldn't ignore.

I'd like to think Black is assuming that he'll kill Cody Rhodes and thus have nothing but leisure time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I think if you are doing the last second move that just misses the time limit leading to a draw, it has to be Danielson just about to pin or submit Kenny. If you do the reverse it makes your face challenger look like a rules lawyer.

What if.... Bryan kicks out of the OWA at 19:55, and then the bell rings for a timelimit draw?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Crowdsurfing/stage diving is fun to watch but sucks to actually be on the receiving end of

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I wish I could stage dive just once, but I’m a big boy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It definitely seems like yet another case of WWE Brain where Danielson can't beat the champ non-title because WWE did that 8000 times

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DeathChicken posted:

It definitely seems like yet another case of WWE Brain where Danielson can't beat the champ non-title because WWE did that 8000 times

It's gonna take a while for a lot of us to get rid of the WWE brain stuff

I'm confident that Kenny and Brian and Tony all discussed the finish before Brian even debuted. They're not making last minute rushed changes like Vince would do.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Senerio posted:

So question for the other people who were there: how long was the line to get into the arena? My father had knee surgery so we used the accessible entrance.

It looked pretty long when we got there, but they sent a bunch of people to the other side of the building (possibly the accessible entrance?) and we walked right in.

Beer line was short but the person at the counter didn't know how to work the register so that took us longer than it took to get in.

Everyone in the GDT was wrong about the prices of beer FYI:
Bud Light was $14.50
Stella was $15

My hypothesis is that the crowd wouldn't have been as dead for Rampage if beer was priced realistically.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also someone asked a while ago how much coaching there was for Kaze ni Nare and i don't think anyone actually answered

well the answer was absolutely none, everyone just knew what to do.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It wasn't the accessible entrance; that was floor 4 of the parking garage letting us right in at the merch stand by the lower level.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Number

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

smarxist posted:

one thing I gotta hand it to AEW with is how high prestige all the titles in the company feel, especially the tnt compared to big plat

It's in that perfect "nearly as good right in the drift of the world title" position and it feels like it'll be years of that late 90s WWF IC title level

Wasn't there a thing a couple weeks ago where somebody at a presser complimented the way AEW has made the TNT title not feel like a midcard title and Tony immediately jumped in with "that's because it's not a midcard title?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Astro7x posted:

Just picked up tickets for Dynamite in Chicago Thanksgiving eve! Thanks to the person that gave me the presale code.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Got my Chicago Thanksgiving Eve ticket!

And I didn't realize it's at the Wintrust Arena, not the NOW Arena. :woop:

+1 on the pre-sale code gratitude, I went and splurged on a floor seat, opposite hardcam but in the corner. So loving psyched and grateful that I can just take loving public transportation to get there and back.